Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You’ve completely twisted my point around. I’m not saying his opinions are more valuable than doctors’, I’m saying that if an average fan (whatever he/she does for a living) on a forum can have his/her opinion on politics and share it publicly, why a singer, out of all people, couldn’t? It seriously smells like that "just stfu and sing" attitude, that’s what I meant. That constant disgust and eyeroll over Axl’s public statements regarding DT is just lame. Would you tell a doctor or teacher to just shut up and heal/teach if they wrote something like this on twitter? No, it’s their goddamn business, isn’t it. But some people seem to act as if they thought music is the only matter Axl should make statements about, because it’s not conceivable he could or should have opinions on other things as well. 

I didn't twist shit. You did say something like "at least he's a publicly known person" and "what have all these smartass complainers have achieved in life?", as if Axl had more right to voice out his opinion than people who are not millionaire or a celebrity.

If 90% of the content a doctor post in their social media account was about politics, that'd be strange. But it all depends on the context, because if this doctor is the director of a public hospital and this hospital depends mainly on the money given by government, then doctor has a right to discuss politics that concern their work.

You can't ask for Axl's freedom of speech and at the same time try to limit the freedom of those who "complain", because all of it happens in a public context like Twitter. Axl knows that he is exposing his opinion to a great audience and I hope that he's also aware that for this reason, his opinion becomes subject of discussion.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't twist shit. You did say something like "at least he's a publicly known person" and "what have all these smartass complainers have achieved in life?", as if Axl had more right to voice out his opinion than people who are not millionaire or a celebrity.

If 90% of the content a doctor post in their social media account was about politics, that'd be strange. But it all depends on the context, because if this doctor is the director of a public hospital and this hospital depends mainly on the money given by government, then doctor has a right to discuss politics that concern their work.

You can't ask for Axl's freedom of speech and at the same time try to limit the freedom of those who "complain", because all of it happens in a public context like Twitter. Axl knows that he is exposing his opinion to a great audience and I hope that he's also aware that for this reason, his opinion becomes subject of discussion.

I wasn’t limiting them, it was just a figure of speech or whatever I used. I’m not talking about their right to opinion, I’m talking about Axl’s and about him being flamed for that, isn’t it clear? Like I said, Axl’s always kind of been into this stuff, and being an artist like he is, god knows he has more time than a doctor to watch this shit and then post about it. And again, I just see no reason why he should be bashed for it the way he’s been bashed here, that’s all. Forget it. 

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’m not talking about their right to opinion, I’m talking about Axl’s and about him being flamed for that, isn’t it clear?

Why you think this is complicated to understand? :lol:

It is not and I responded to it by saying that Axl's opinion on Twitter is public, therefore, flaming is expected and you can't do anything to stop it. I do see reasons for him to get bashed at it but you won't understand, since you think Axl must not be questioned for anything.

IMO, Axl understands the Twitter game better than some of his fans, otherwise, he wouldn't post anything or make his account private.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Why you think this is complicated to understand? :lol:

It is not and I responded to it by saying that Axl's opinion on Twitter is public, therefore, flaming is expected and you can't do anything to stop it. I do see reasons for him to get bashed at it but you won't understand, since you think Axl must not be questioned for anything.

IMO, Axl understands the Twitter game better than some of his fans, otherwise, he wouldn't post anything or make his account private.

Well I was only asking because it seems to me (bearing in mind my possibilities in English are very limited) that I keep saying a, and you keep objecting to b. It’s not about Axl as a public person being or not being aware of people having different opinion or whatever. Nor is it about the percentage of this kind of content on his twitter account, since when you think about it, he doesn’t tweet about anything else apart from music that much, does he.

I was merely expressing my astonishment as to how so many people here think he should not comment on these things at all. You see, that "shut up and sing" phrase is key here, that’s why I keep repeating it.

Like I said, forget it! Friday afternoon, off to have a drink.

On 2019-03-29 at 10:14 AM, WhazUp said:

"Axl should be a free thinking person.  Unless he thinks something I don't think, then he is not intelligent or capable of thinking for himself"

Yeah, it's interesting how the ones calling out others as "snowflakes" seems to be the the most tender snowflakes around. It takes one to know one, I guess. 

2 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

true! Except that i often find older people (30-40+) the ones who complains the most on forums/facebook lol

Well, the definition of a millennial seems to be quite broad; in fact, I’m one too. : )

On April 7, 2019 at 11:55 AM, Georgina Arriaga said:

I hope he is feeling better 

Oh Steven, telecasting your bad back is one way to ensure that you never get invited to tour with GNR.

And on the other hand, this kinda emphasizes that it might be that straightforward - Adler isnt tour ready and was therefore not on the tour?

Anyways, hope he feels better soon.