Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

57 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I usually agree with all your posts but that was a bit much lol.. The Rhythm guitar situation in the band sucks but I am sure they are still friends. Izzy recently commented on it and didn't seem bitter. Izzy and Duff have worked and recorded together quite a bit over the years outside of Gn'R. I am as unhappy as anyone with Fortus but you still never know what the future holds with this band. I would rather them all send each other Happy Birthdays than not. I would be even happier if we saw one from Axl but who knows.. He could have texted him for all we know. 

Axl has got his own ways for sharing/ showing his feelings. Who knows how they talking to each other.their messages  on social media are mainly for us. 

Edited by Politania
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I usually agree with all your posts but that was a bit much lol.. The Rhythm guitar situation in the band sucks but I am sure they are still friends. Izzy recently commented on it and didn't seem bitter. Izzy and Duff have worked and recorded together quite a bit over the years outside of Gn'R. I am as unhappy as anyone with Fortus but you still never know what the future holds with this band. I would rather them all send each other Happy Birthdays than not. I would be even happier if we saw one from Axl but who knows.. He could have texted him for all we know. 

Your right was abit much. I know these things are business but the twitter posts look hypocritical. Your right its better that they do communicate in public and old bridges arnt burnt.

Edited by Sydney Fan

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

None of that is really confirmed, we don’t have any direct information to be this brutal. Here’s an aid: would you say exactly this to his face...?

We do know as izzy tweeted that $$ couldnt be shared equally. In terms of whether given that he sold his share of rhe agreement and deserves the same amount thats another discussion. To answer your question yes i would. 

25 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Damn, I just mentioned him in the movie section a few weeks ago.  He was an excellent actor, very underrated. 

Edit:  I just read a tribute to Cassel in The Washington Post and they mentioned that he gave Slash his nickname, very cool.

Edited by lame ass security

25 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

They did Coma live in the studio in one take?  That is impressive but I assume that overdubbing was done, including Axl's vocals.

No way any of Axl's parts were done in one take.. He didn't even record with the band.. I don't think he meant the whole band recorded "live" together one take either..  Probably that each track was recorded live all the way through since it was before pro tools.  Either way, he has me listening to it right now. Great way to finish work day. 

• Like 4

Theres an interview wiyh matt sorum a couple of years back when he did an interview with triplem radio a rock station in oz and he said axl never recorded with the band during the illusions. Both sorum, izzy slash and duff were together recording the tracks and sorum could see them in different rooms in the studio. 

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Correct me if I am wrong.  This is the first time Matt posted something GNR related since NITL started. NITL finished and there was no news about any actions withing GNR camp until yesterday when Niven said he would put his money on Izzy involvment in Oct.

Also, day before, Slash and Duff wish Iz happy birthday for the first time since NITL started and Izzy was not involved.

Now for someone who claimed all along Ax will pull out the line up trick waaaay before any new music will be recorded, it is natural I see a pattern here (Slash / Ax love relived also through birthday tweets), is there one!?

22 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

True the pics. But I don't recall he has made any comments about music being made, links to GNR songs etc

He has posted about November Rain being recorded on one day. He even showed the inside of the studio and where Axl's piano was.

On 12/04/2019 at 8:59 AM, Blackstar said:

He has posted about November Rain being recorded on one day. He even showed the inside of the studio and where Axl's piano was.

Yes either record plant or a&m studios it was, where they recorded the illusions albums.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, Scream of the Butterfly said:

When is Matt's book coming out? It's been over a year since he announced it.

he recently gave an interview somewhere and said early 2020. The book is finished, it's just being edited he said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1