Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Why Sorums post are in this thread?

Because while he is not a current member of GNR, this is still his official media account so it doesn't belong in the unofficial thread. And there are so many pinned threads already and mods didn't want to make a 3rd social media thread.  It's not a huge deal I think. :)

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would have went to this but Billy Gibbons kicked his opening act off the tour for wearing a MAGA hat.  Whether you like Trump or not that is kind of douche move.  

Yeah I agree. Oh Billy!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Because while he is not a current member of GNR, this is still his official media account so it doesn't belong in the unofficial thread. And there are so many pinned threads already and mods didn't want to make a 3rd social media thread.  It's not a huge deal I think. :)

Yeah, it's one of those things that's kinda on the fence for us. Seems harmless enough to just leave Sorum posts in here. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, it's one of those things that's kinda on the fence for us. Seems harmless enough to just leave Sorum posts in here. 

Im happy if we can keep sorums post in the official GNR discussion and put franks in the unofficial. Thanks russ:drevil: :D

21 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would have went to this but Billy Gibbons kicked his opening act off the tour for wearing a MAGA hat.  Whether you like Trump or not that is kind of douche move.  

Its instances like that, where you wish politics and music are separate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It looks like a pretty good line-up (although I only know the Raconteurs and Gary Clark Jr. from the bands on the right) it just seems like Guns N' Roses are a vastly different act to the rest... lol

2 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

It looks like a pretty good line-up (although I only know the Raconteurs and Gary Clark Jr. from the bands on the right) it just seems like Guns N' Roses are a vastly different act to the rest... lol

sounds odd, maybe they are trying to play to the millenial crowd, or the new word i saw yesterday being used in the media, generation wuss.

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I read that too, but he won't say which member 

Yes, he don't want says who, i read it in Ultimate classic rock. He keep this "terrible" secret for almost 30 years...:lol: i isn't know if to believe it.

• Like 1

Slash had just (late 1991, early 1992) been recording with Spinal Tap for their song 'Break like the Wind'. The Mercury tribute was in April 1992. Don't get why he would sabotage anything for a band he had just been playing with, but then again it doesn't say how that sabotage came to be - maybe it was accidental?

It definitely doesn't sound like a malicious thing (if it really was a sabotage) but more like that someone thought it would be funny to cause a Spinal Tap moment to Spinal Tap :lol:

Axl likes pranks, but I can't picture him doing it at that particular show. I think he'd probably had been nervous about meeting and playing with Elton John for the first time.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

On 2.5.2019 at 4:58 AM, Ratam said:

Another ridicoulus news about GNR, Spinal Tap member says that " an GNR member sabotaged their appareance at the Freddie Mercury Tribute".....:wacko:

And Metallica stole their idea of  black album cover. :D

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 3