LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

They did Coma live in the studio in one take?  That is impressive but I assume that overdubbing was done, including Axl's vocals.

Matt id take you over frank anytime.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

True the pics. But I don't recall he has made any comments about music being made, links to GNR songs etc

He has posted about November Rain being recorded on one day. He even showed the inside of the studio and where Axl's piano was.

On 12/04/2019 at 8:59 AM, Blackstar said:

He has posted about November Rain being recorded on one day. He even showed the inside of the studio and where Axl's piano was.

Yes either record plant or a&m studios it was, where they recorded the illusions albums.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, Scream of the Butterfly said:

When is Matt's book coming out? It's been over a year since he announced it.

he recently gave an interview somewhere and said early 2020. The book is finished, it's just being edited he said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EricA said:

The Amsterdam festival is already on sale. Just bought a ticket

On 4/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I would have went to this but Billy Gibbons kicked his opening act off the tour for wearing a MAGA hat.  Whether you like Trump or not that is kind of douche move.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Why Sorums post are in this thread?

Because while he is not a current member of GNR, this is still his official media account so it doesn't belong in the unofficial thread. And there are so many pinned threads already and mods didn't want to make a 3rd social media thread.  It's not a huge deal I think. :)

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would have went to this but Billy Gibbons kicked his opening act off the tour for wearing a MAGA hat.  Whether you like Trump or not that is kind of douche move.  

Yeah I agree. Oh Billy!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Because while he is not a current member of GNR, this is still his official media account so it doesn't belong in the unofficial thread. And there are so many pinned threads already and mods didn't want to make a 3rd social media thread.  It's not a huge deal I think. :)

Yeah, it's one of those things that's kinda on the fence for us. Seems harmless enough to just leave Sorum posts in here. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, it's one of those things that's kinda on the fence for us. Seems harmless enough to just leave Sorum posts in here. 

Im happy if we can keep sorums post in the official GNR discussion and put franks in the unofficial. Thanks russ:drevil: :D

21 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Its instances like that, where you wish politics and music are separate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im happy if we can keep sorums post in the official GNR discussion and put franks in the unofficial. Thanks russ:drevil: :D

Hahaha, nooooooooooooooope! :lol:

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Holy crap, most of the bands I've never heard of. 

That's kind of the idea.  Big headliners, lots of newer acts.  

2 hours ago, triad said:

That's kind of the idea.  Big headliners, lots of newer acts.  

Oh, ok. I don't even know most of the headliners, to be honest, apart from The Cure...

It looks like a pretty good line-up (although I only know the Raconteurs and Gary Clark Jr. from the bands on the right) it just seems like Guns N' Roses are a vastly different act to the rest... lol