LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

They changed their social media guy apparently :lol: Now they got the lyrics synced! We're getting there!!!

28 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I think this the first time, aside from the AFD box, they released something from the vault, maybe Im wrong? Ive never seen this pic before

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Worcester MA 1991. I was on acid.. We  drove through a crazy blizzard to get there (the driver was on acid too). First show without Izzy/with Gilby .. The opened with Jungle.. I was in the very last row of the balcony punching the roof the whole set... 15 years old... Sound Garden opened... I could keep going on.... Tailed by a cop car for miles at the end of the night right to my friends driveway...

If I were driving through a blizzard while tripping on acid, I'm not sure I would've made it to the show... I'd probably just drive around in circles, really slowly :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

This is why WikiLeaks is good. Just straight up primary sources.

Duff can't have it both ways. Maybe just don't do press for your upcoming record like Guns did no press for their tour. Let's face it no one really cares about tenderness people only want to know about GNR

16 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

Duff can't have it both ways. Maybe just don't do press for your upcoming record like Guns did no press for their tour. Let's face it no one really cares about tenderness people only want to know about GNR

His point is GNR news is being reported based on interviews where he's not giving GNR news. Which is true. How many non-committal, non-specific quotes have we seen spun into "GNR Planning New Album" ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

How weird is "HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY" ❓ What have of happy it ? I don't understand it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ratam said:

How weird is "HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY" ❓ What have of happy it ? I don't understand it.

Good point. And thats a much better question than the one I was asking myself, which was 'why did they leave the stem on the red pepper? And what on earth is that shrivelled up mess beneath it?' :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

I HATE when people say "Happy Memorial Day"..   So disrespectful.    Who is in charge of their social media?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I HATE when people say "Happy Memorial Day"..   So disrespectful.    Who is in charge of their social media?

True, who is in charge is an idiot.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's getting a fair bit of backlash on their FB page. Rightly so, it's a stupid mistake to make. We have Remembrance Sunday in England, I think it's the same thing. Here it's a sombre occasion, we wear poppies and wreaths are laid at war memorials. We don't consider it a thing to celebrate. 

• Like 3

No reason to go all off the wall about saying Happy Memorial Day.  People gave their lives for the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Enjoy what other people sacrificed for your day of freedom.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due at a veteran's barbeque. 

1 minute ago, cineater said:

No reason to go all off the wall about saying Happy Memorial Day.  People gave their lives for the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Enjoy what other people sacrificed for your day of freedom.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due at a veteran's barbeque. 

You're in no position to make any moral statements, given your association with the guy behind the take downs.

My head is filled with so many thoughts on the subject. At the end of the day, all I can say is that I want vets cared for and peoples lives honoured. I'll admit that I am unable to think of a better way to honour the lives of fallen soldiers than to work for peace.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones, fellow soldiers, neighbours and ancestors to war.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I just do not understand their social media..... lol

If its one thing that annoys me with this band, who ever is part of their staff come across as a bunch of amateurs.

• Like 3