Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I like it here for updates. I am betting with a neighbor of mine this Forever in This Lifetime Tour has a few legs left spread out over the world until Dec. 2020.  It is selling. The Big 3 can still sell it. I predict no new music.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Amaya said:

I like it here for updates. I am betting with a neighbor of mine this Forever in This Lifetime Tour has a few legs left spread out over the world until Dec. 2020.  It is selling. The Big 3 can still sell it. I predict no new music.

Once they can't sell the large venues, they'll repackage, raise the price and move on to smaller venues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Once they can't sell the large venues, they'll repackage, raise the price and move on to smaller venues. 

Y'know, I used to argue that "recording is a complex thing for a band of GN'Rs size, give them time." but it's pretty damn clear that we're in the 2009-14 timeline right now and Axl is just refusing to release anything. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Y'know, I used to argue that "recording is a complex thing for a band of GN'Rs size, give them time." but it's pretty damn clear that we're in the 2009-14 timeline right now and Axl is just refusing to release anything. 

I hear ya.

I used to be that guy. I gave Axl & GN'R every single excuse in the book. Not even an excuse really, because that implies I was making it up and/or didn't believe it. But yeah, I used to defend their lack of productivity at every turn. I think it was around 2012 where I finally got it through my head that Axl just isn't interested in sharing art with his fans so that they can buy it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I hear ya.

I used to be that guy. I gave Axl & GN'R every single excuse in the book. Not even an excuse really, because that implies I was making it up and/or didn't believe it. But yeah, I used to defend their lack of productivity at every turn. I think it was around 2012 where I finally got it through my head that Axl just isn't interested in sharing art with his fans so that they can buy it. 

It's a mindfuck for a GNR fan. The recent tracks that surfaced a few weeks back show that there is really good stuff in the "vaults". They could have EASILY dusted some of that off at any point from 09-14.....But they didn't. And ultimately, there's really only 1 reason why, and we all know what that is.

Our only hope right now is that the pressure of having Slash want to create and put out...something...and Axl will throw him a bone in some way to keep him on board.  Maybe that means an E.P. similar to what the Smashing Pumpkins did last summer. If he's feeling particularly generous, it may mean a new album.  

In nearly every interview, Slash mentions that the plan is to record after this upcoming small tour leg. If nothing materializes after that, we'll know why. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Our only hope right now is that the pressure of having Slash want to create and put out...something...and Axl will throw him a bone in some way to keep him on board.  Maybe that means an E.P. similar to what the Smashing Pumpkins did last summer. If he's feeling particularly generous, it may mean a new album.  

In nearly every interview, Slash mentions that the plan is to record after this upcoming small tour leg. If nothing materializes after that, we'll know why. 

I disagree. My guess is the "Slash pressure" you're talking about won't really make a dent in Axl's issues with releasing music. It's way worse than that imo. It has little to do with being in a certain mood, feeling generous, etc and I believe an E.P is not something Axl is interested in releasing as opposed to a full album.

I think the band will reach the point of recording, that is not the problem as I see it. Problem is Axl is a world class tinkerer and I suspect the reason he won't release anything has more to do with him not thinking it's done, him thinking it can be better, the promotion isn't right, a booklet botched never again so it must not bring shame on the catalog which is a very extreme way of looking at it as a musician if true hence why we rarely get anything released, even if it's probable his unreleased completed material is good enough to be released.

I could be way off and Slash n' Duff will somehow convince him to release an album sooner when they're done recording but I just don't see it. I think Axl will not budge until he thinks it's ready.

I remain optimistic about the possibility of a new album cause I believe Axl when he says he does want to release new music. When the tour is really done I hope they'll get to it but it's a process that will probably take multiple years to complete and that's with all the unreleased Chinese material to work with and if we're lucky for Axl to be satisfied artistically with the outcome.

Edited by Rovim

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, brad_k said:

Has Melissa gone into Axl-style hibernation? She hasn't posted for a long time considering she featured in this topic nearly every day of the tour 

I was wondering that too recently, especially given that her last post was about her being sick and seeking medical attention. I hope that this insta account is basically just for when Guns is active though

3RlV55Bh.png

19 minutes ago, brad_k said:

Has Melissa gone into Axl-style hibernation? She hasn't posted for a long time considering she featured in this topic nearly every day of the tour 

I just thought about the same thing,  in this post, 4tus tagged all band members, apart from Axl, who does not use Instagram and apart from Melissa for whatever reason 

Is she even in the band anymore? Most likely yes, but the silence surrounding her is a bit weird

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, SAU3R said:

I just thought about the same thing, in this post, 4tus tagged all band members, apart from Axl, who does not use Instagram and apart from Melissa for whatever reason 

That only means 1 thing... Mothergoose is coming home!

• Haha 1