Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

19 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

GNR and The Raconteurs, that's some interesting combo. Maybe Jack White can join them on KOHD?

That would be amazing! Would be so lucky to attend that festival... wasnt Axl spotted at a JW concert a few years ago?

41 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

That would be amazing! Would be so lucky to attend that festival... wasnt Axl spotted at a JW concert a few years ago?

Yes he was, and Duff interviewed jack once and jack said “I was a big fan of you guys growing up.” Slash also wanted jack to sing on a song from his 2010 album, but jack wasn’t into it. I bet he’d be down to play with them live tho.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes he was, and Duff interviewed jack once and jack said “I was a big fan of you guys growing up.” Slash also wanted jack to sing on a song from his 2010 album, but jack wasn’t into it. I bet he’d be down to play with them live tho.

I'm a huge JWIII fan (heading to Third Man Records later today actually) but I just don't see him playing live with GNR. 

It just doesn't seem like his type of deal at all. He played before them at the Bridge Festival years ago and didn't do it then either. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

He wanted to play Drums and Slash refused.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Is that accurate? I know Slash wanted Dave Grohl to sing a song on that album and Dave refused the offer to sing, but played drums on "Watch This" instead.  Not saying you are wrong, both  events could have certainly happened. 

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Is that accurate? I know Slash wanted Dave Grohl to sing a song on that album and Dave refused the offer to sing, but played drums on "Watch This" instead.  Not saying you are wrong, both  events could have certainly happened. 

No he’s right. Jack White also asked to play drums on a song, instead of vocals and/or guitar, and slash thought it was a weird idea. I guess he was fine with Grohl doing that tho cause Grohl is known just as well as a drummer as he is as a singer/guitarist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

No he’s right. Jack White also asked to play drums on a song, instead of vocals and/or guitar, and slash thought it was a weird idea. I guess he was fine with Grohl doing that tho cause Grohl is known just as well as a drummer as he is as a singer/guitarist.

yeah, at the time he was in The Dead Weather playing drums.

5 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

couldn't give less fuck if Mel or Frank or Fortus are in the band.

Fun fact Frank's contract expires 2020 and the last time Ax reshuffled band was after the Vegas gigs.

Fortus and Mel contracts also probably run till 2020.

Is that for real? And how do you know that? 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:01 AM, Tom-Ass said:

My excitement for more shows with this lineup is gone.. I will certainly go if they come my way but following each show and traveling to see them is out the window.  If they did this thing right I would spend all my vacation time and money traveling to see them.  Not that they need my money...

I feel the same way. Would rather see more SMKC shows.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, RussTCB said:

I'm a huge JWIII fan (heading to Third Man Records later today actually) but I just don't see him playing live with GNR. 

It just doesn't seem like his type of deal at all. He played before them at the Bridge Festival years ago and didn't do it then either. 

Did you go see Raconteurs this year?

On 9/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, Russel Nash said:

That would've been awesome. Would've loved to hear a song like that.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Duff sent his P45...

Well that's gotta be a little awkward...