LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Pity there was a tag for frank

Yeah - lets have another drummer-discussion again ... and again ... and again ... and again

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alf@melmac said:

Yeah - lets have another drummer-discussion again ... and again ... and again ... and again

It's part of the T&Cs of this site that every thread becomes a Frank vs Steven argument. Bonus points to those who ask... "Where's Izzy?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WHENEVER said:

Umm... she's the last person tagged.

he tagged her after we started asking where she was in the IG comments. yesterday she wasn't tagged

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ifdworld said:

he tagged her after we started asking where she was in the IG comments. yesterday she wasn't tagged

Same with Dizz

• Haha 1

I'd tag her ;)

My theory for her Insta silence is that she lost all her sponsors in Big Sugar when she did the hospital post denouncing her previous diet. And with out sponsors and (perhaps contractually obligated) Guns tour news to post, theres noting else those following that business insta account need to know. Im not sure why Im the only one talking about her health tbh, it sounded pretty bad. Hope she is healthy!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WHENEVER said:

Umm... she's the last person tagged.

He must of edited the post to add her. She was never tagged originally.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 1:10 PM, SAU3R said:

I just thought about the same thing,  in this post, 4tus tagged all band members, apart from Axl, who does not use Instagram and apart from Melissa for whatever reason 

Is she even in the band anymore? Most likely yes, but the silence surrounding her is a bit weird

Couldn't care less either way ! Can't wait for more shows.

Edited by Tourettes2400

14 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Couldn't care less either way ! Can't wait for more shows.

My excitement for more shows with this lineup is gone.. I will certainly go if they come my way but following each show and traveling to see them is out the window.  If they did this thing right I would spend all my vacation time and money traveling to see them.  Not that they need my money...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

GNR announce the supporting acts

Axl Rose is doomed to have Tyler Bryant And The Shakedown follow him everywhere he goes, it seems.

Seeing Ice Cube and Guns N' Roses at the same concert sounds like a fun time, though.

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Axl Rose is doomed to have Tyler Bryant And The Shakedown follow him everywhere he goes, it seems.

Seeing Ice Cube and Guns N' Roses at the same concert sounds like a fun time, though.

Pity dirty honey doesnt get support.

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Pity dirty honey doesnt get support.

They're support in Vegas, right?

30 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

GNR and The Raconteurs, that's some interesting combo. Maybe Jack White can join them on KOHD?

Fuck I hope so!

7 hours ago, Lio said:

They're support in Vegas, right?

Yes they are, i should have said pity they arnt support for all of the shows.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

GNR and The Raconteurs, that's some interesting combo. Maybe Jack White can join them on KOHD?

That would be amazing! Would be so lucky to attend that festival... wasnt Axl spotted at a JW concert a few years ago?

41 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

That would be amazing! Would be so lucky to attend that festival... wasnt Axl spotted at a JW concert a few years ago?

Yes he was, and Duff interviewed jack once and jack said “I was a big fan of you guys growing up.” Slash also wanted jack to sing on a song from his 2010 album, but jack wasn’t into it. I bet he’d be down to play with them live tho.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes he was, and Duff interviewed jack once and jack said “I was a big fan of you guys growing up.” Slash also wanted jack to sing on a song from his 2010 album, but jack wasn’t into it. I bet he’d be down to play with them live tho.

I'm a huge JWIII fan (heading to Third Man Records later today actually) but I just don't see him playing live with GNR. 

It just doesn't seem like his type of deal at all. He played before them at the Bridge Festival years ago and didn't do it then either. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

He wanted to play Drums and Slash refused.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

He wanted to play Drums and Slash refused.

Is that accurate? I know Slash wanted Dave Grohl to sing a song on that album and Dave refused the offer to sing, but played drums on "Watch This" instead.  Not saying you are wrong, both  events could have certainly happened. 

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Is that accurate? I know Slash wanted Dave Grohl to sing a song on that album and Dave refused the offer to sing, but played drums on "Watch This" instead.  Not saying you are wrong, both  events could have certainly happened. 

No he’s right. Jack White also asked to play drums on a song, instead of vocals and/or guitar, and slash thought it was a weird idea. I guess he was fine with Grohl doing that tho cause Grohl is known just as well as a drummer as he is as a singer/guitarist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

No he’s right. Jack White also asked to play drums on a song, instead of vocals and/or guitar, and slash thought it was a weird idea. I guess he was fine with Grohl doing that tho cause Grohl is known just as well as a drummer as he is as a singer/guitarist.

yeah, at the time he was in The Dead Weather playing drums.

couldn't give less fuck if Mel or Frank or Fortus are in the band.

Fun fact Frank's contract expires 2020 and the last time Ax reshuffled band was after the Vegas gigs.

Fortus and Mel contracts also probably run till 2020.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

yeah, at the time he was in The Dead Weather playing drums.

Ah ok. Makes sense then.