Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Well it’s obvious whoever is running their social media hasn’t gotten the memo from management. 

In the meantime countless fans are getting their SM accounts flagged on their behalf. Probably doesn’t bode well for those “casual fans” to buy merch come Xmas time. 

So, exactly how are the band and their management going to stop a fan or fans, who are requesting content to be removed from a third party platform. Does Guns N Roses and their management own instagram, facebook or YouTube, or are they simply a user of these social media platforms and have no control over how that content is regulated. I would think it would be common sense, that the issues lie at the feet of social media companies, and the loop holes created to allow this practice, not the band or its management. These issues are not isolated to Guns N Roses content. People who have social media accounts across a number of platforms covering sports, movie reviews etc, are all having the same issues, with people requesting content to be removed due to copyright infringement. It's happening because of loop holes within social media platforms, and it's being exploited by people, to benefit themselves. 

Edited by kiwiguns

The Steven Adler Out Ta Get me performances are still the highlights for me.. Fucking shame they stopped playing that

the Locomotive's are chilling

There were a couple spectacular Jungle's and Live and Let Dies during the initial Stadium tour..

There were multiple amazing Slash solos and SOYL performances as well. 

14 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Only in GNR world: " Please tag us so we can delete your account easier..."

Or:

"Let's see how stupid our fans are"

Few comments point in GNR twitter about it take downs. I wonder if them are forum members ?

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

So, exactly how are the band and their management going to stop a fan or fans, who are requesting content to be removed from a third party platform. Does Guns N Roses and their management own instagram, facebook or YouTube, or are they simply a user of these social media platforms and have no control over how that content is regulated. I would think it would be common sense, that the issues lie at the feet of social media companies, and the loop holes created to allow this practice, not the band or its management. These issues are not isolated to Guns N Roses content. People who have social media accounts across a number of platforms covering sports, movie reviews etc, are all having the same issues, with people requesting content to be removed due to copyright infringement. It's happening because of loop holes within social media platforms, and it's being exploited by people, to benefit themselves. 

My problem is the 'fans' say they're acting on TB's behalf. They could debunk that story, could've done so a long time ago. But no, silence. I wish they'd just tell off those 'fans'. But for some reason, they seem to be somewhat protected at the very least.

Didn't that Fernando reddit account that Fernando wouldn't deny or confirm say that TB account was being used for the takedowns, so they changed passwords, but it's still happening?

I wonder if this is their awkward way of saying they're not behind the takedowns? The idea comes from Slash, because he asked his fans to post videos of show day too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The Steven Adler Out Ta Get me performances are still the highlights for me.. Fucking shame they stopped playing that

the Locomotive's are chilling

There were a couple spectacular Jungle's and Live and Let Dies during the initial Stadium tour..

There were multiple amazing Slash solos and SOYL performances as well. 

i don't know how many other deep cuts they can introduce before the NITL becomes absolutely obsolete 

to me the only way if they were to extend this milk trip is to bring in the originals for the farewell leg which i was hoping would be this last push 

i'm one of the few that believes this last leg is truly the 93 argentina wrap up - no record no nothing left in the tank for us to see or hear - most of the fans have been played 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i don't know how many other deep cuts they can introduce before the NITL becomes absolutely obsolete 

to me the only way if they were to extend this milk trip is to bring in the originals for the farewell leg which i was hoping would be this last push 

i'm one of the few that believes this last leg is truly the 93 argentina wrap up - no record no nothing left in the tank for us to see or hear - most of the fans have been played 

93 was certainly the end of greatness.  What we have now doesn't come close to that but it is better than nothing.. It is what it is.. They could have done this thing a whole lot better for sure.. I do feel that that there is a decent chance they will release new music. Music from this lineup doesn't excite me very much but I will still give it a chance. If they don't release anything I won't be disappointed. I am all about live music and as long as they continue to tour, I will go.. It has been two years since they came this way and I would be stoked to see Shadow of Your Love, Slither and Locomotive live.. They still have a good amount of classic s they could mix in. But if I had the choice to have what it is now to go on for 10 or more years or one last album with Izzy, Steven, Matt or even Gilby in the mix and a last farewell tour, I would take that and would go to as many shows as I possibly could. 

• Like 1

@kiwiguns.  Well said.  Fact is Axl, Slash, and Duff are on autopilot with their hired band. All that new setlist takes time and fact, they are not interested. To our bubble here, go or don't go. Same show you have seen 5x, 10x, etc. Choice is yours. There are many so many other places are where the tour has not been or much.  Fact is Axl, Slash, Duff are going to do this for all the big money grab they can. They still can take this nevervending NET until 2020 next year at this time.

• Like 2

yep most of us including Dexter have wasted a lot of time here, this doesn't change the fact that everyone connected to GNR including fans are losers , i'm just glad I got to see Axl when he first came out in 2002 and Izzy making his first appearance on 14 years the rest has been a far away shot at what the band was - so yeah should move on

the only winners are the promoters, TB Axl Slash and Duff but not them as persons - solely their bank accounts - rock an roll - we've been played

18 minutes ago, vloors said:

More shows this year it looks like. Seattle at the very least.

*Alt nation your not authorised to publish my post if your seeing this*.

Screenshot_20191019-200638_Instagram.jpg

Doesn't she live in Seattle? So maybe she's just coming there after the tour when they're going home

• Thanks 1