Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

30 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

They're just trolling us 

The thing is, they're not. Orientated towards casuals and other concert goers who demand SCOM and KOHD, they don't give a damn about Hard School, forums, or incorporating new tunes.

This new album thing won't be smooth. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We'll still be fucked for two reasons

1) a bunch of casuals will ask for dumb shit 

2) the band and its management don't give a fuck what the real fans want to hear anyway

Clearly. But that's beside the point, Russ. I think they meant: "What would you add IF we gave a fuck about what you want to hear?" (you still don't get it, sad. :()

• Haha 2

New music aside you can't really say they haven't been doing anything for the diehards. The did bring back two songs this leg that hadn't been played since the 90's, no casual fan would have given a shit especially about Locomotive. 

• Haha 1

In order to add songs. I think we or they should start with what songs should be taken off the list. For example I would replace The Seeker with Perfect Crime. Or Dust N Bones instead of Wichita Lineman. I would like to hear Patience and Don't Cry at every show. But they like to swap them. I don't know why they find it so hard to play Don't Cry early in the show, Patience in the encore.

15 minutes ago, Caedo said:

New music aside you can't really say they haven't been doing anything for the diehards. The did bring back two songs this leg that hadn't been played since the 90's, no casual fan would have given a shit especially about Locomotive. 

Didn't gave a shit enough to play Hard School/didn't have the balls. Was nice they've added Locomotive and Dead Horse but could have done more considering the fact they haven't released anything in decades together/ticket prices/long ass tour with a bunch of filler covers. The shows are too mechanical now. Not what Gn'R is supposed to be according to me. Is 1 "new" song is too much to ask for?

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Didn't gave a shit enough to play Hard School/didn't have the balls. Was nice they've added Locomotive and Dead Horse but could have done more considering the fact they haven't release anything in decades together/ticket prices/long ass tour with a bunch of filler covers. The shows are too mechanical now. Not what Gn'R is supposed to be according to me. Is 1 "new" song is too much to ask for?

New music would be good but if they rehearsed Hard School they're clearly at least working on stuff, maybe they weren't comfortable pulling it out for whatever reason. I'm willing to give them a pass on no new music this leg, provided we hear something new next year (and yeah I know there's a high chance we won't). 

18 minutes ago, Caedo said:

New music would be good but if they rehearsed Hard School they're clearly at least working on stuff, maybe they weren't comfortable pulling it out for whatever reason. I'm willing to give them a pass on no new music this leg, provided we hear something new next year (and yeah I know there's a high chance we won't). 

Coma is one of my favorite Guns songs, but how many times they even played Locomotive? 3 was it? Slash's new solo spot, Locomotive, and Dead Horse for this leg. I guess it's better than nothing but adding Illusion era tunes to the set list is not enough to inject new energy to the shows.

I'm always willing to give them a pass. They don't owe me anything and the shows are still really long and fun. But imagine how easy it is for them to mix it up a little and rotate Appetite tunes like My Michelle/Out Ta Get Me/Think About you, some Lies tunes like Used To Love Her/You're Crazy acoustic and some Chinese tunes Slash and Duff never played like I.R.S.

But the casuals are the deciding factor it seems. (aka money) 2 or 3 Illusion tracks are the bare minimum imo, not that great.

Edited by Rovim

All I want is 14 years 1 time with Slash. He's done it with Axl why can't he do it 1 time with them. I'll even pay Izzy to do it 

I got locomotive finally so this was the last song I wanted to hear. although I will say slither was a nice surprise when that appeared. didn't want it but glad I/we got it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Just imagine a GN'R tour like Metallica did, by Request, with online pool and everything, pick 18 songs that you wanna hear and boom, there's a brand new (or not) setlist every concert.

Metallica considered By Request a let down because most shows resulted in the same popular songs getting voted for every time.

A GNR By Request tour would be the same level of disappointment. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Metallica considered By Request a let down because most shows resulted in the same popular songs getting voted for every time.

A GNR By Request tour would be the same level of disappointment. 

Exactly. We would only get the perfect setlist if the band played a show exclusively for members of their fan club (or something like that) and the fans could choose the songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

All I want is 14 years 1 time with Slash. He's done it with Axl why can't he do it 1 time with them. I'll even pay Izzy to do it 

I got locomotive finally so this was the last song I wanted to hear. although I will say slither was a nice surprise when that appeared. didn't want it but glad I/we got it

I love 14 years too, but guess no Izzy, no 14 years, sadly ;)

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Again.. The setlists are fine.. They gradually change as the months go on. When they return to a city the next time around there have always been a handful of songs that weren't played the previous time they were there.. They have a few rotating slots. They do more than 90% of the bands out there to keep it fresh. That is a fact. The encores are mixed up. They busted out a handful of songs we never would have thought they would play. Sure they could shuffle the order a bit but people's expectations are way to fucking high..  Metallica basically tours with two alternate setlists and rotate them from show to show with maybe one additional flex song per night.  

The band doesn't do everything right but to bitch about the setlists is just crazy considering they make more changes than most bands out there. Most bands play the exact same set every night for entire tours and then maybe only change 1 or 2 songs the next time they tour.. 

I agree.  There was a time where I thought it was more valid, however in the rotation for the last couple of years we have gotten Shadow of Your Love, Slither, Locomotive, and Dead Horse.  Along with occasional bursts of There Was A Time, Madagascar, Yesterdays, etc.

I think the setlist situation currently is actually pretty good

• Like 1