Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I don’t understand and never will understand GnR. 

Yes we are working on a new album or no we are not?

Throw out a tentative release date and put a song on a soundtrack.

i just think that they’ve already written their best stuff in the 80s and know they can’t live up to it and don’t want to embarrass themselves.

No.

GNR just know well that the real money are only from concerts and that they can play nostalgia tour for years to come... There will be always people wanting to buy tickets.

It's not worth recording nowadays. Too much work, too risky, too litlle to earn.

Edited by Liquor & Whores

14 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Am I going crazy or does that sign on the wall say "Reco", as in "Recording"?

That sure would be nice. It could also say "recording prohibited" if its a GNR rehearsal?

Or Fortus seems to now how some of us like to be teased with these types of shots. Could be a session he's doing with a different artists and he just hash tagged Guns stuff for shits and giggles.

If it is Guns recording, is that the Wichita Lineman guitar? 

17 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

No.

GNR just know well that the real money are only from concerts and that they can play nostalgia tour for years to come... There will be always people wanting to buy tickets.

It's not worth recording nowadays. Too much work, too risky, too litlle to earn.

I don't believe that.  Why?  I love Chinese Democracy but realize many many do not, yet the stadiums fill up for these guys.  They could release a major bomb and still fills shows with people.  There is no risk to releasing music for this band

26 minutes ago, soon said:

That sure would be nice. It could also say "recording prohibited" if its a GNR rehearsal?

Or Fortus seems to now how some of us like to be teased with these types of shots. Could be a session he's doing with a different artists and he just hash tagged Guns stuff for shits and giggles.

If it is Guns recording, is that the Wichita Lineman guitar? 

Fortus has brought out a Gretsch White Falcoln many times, hes used it on a lot of the Appetite material (Izzy recorded Appetite with a White Falcoln) some of the cover songs like Whole Lotta Rosie, & The Seeker. The White Falcoln usually is used for Rhythm guitar, and works alongside a Gibson Les Paul & a SG very well producing a good "thick" tone against a Les Paul. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Fortus has brought out a Gretsch White Falcoln many times, hes used it on a lot of the Appetite material (Izzy recorded Appetite with a White Falcoln) some of the cover songs like Whole Lotta Rosie, & The Seeker. The White Falcoln usually is used for Rhythm guitar, and works alongside a Gibson Les Paul & a SG very well producing a good "thick" tone against a Les Paul. 

Thanks for info. Didnt know Izzy played one.

Better not be recording covers!!

17 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don’t understand and never will understand GnR. 

Yes we are working on a new album or no we are not?

Throw out a tentative release date and put a song on a soundtrack.

i just think that they’ve already written their best stuff in the 80s and know they can’t live up to it and don’t want to embarrass themselves.

Most bands that care about releasing new material and consider themselves fan friendly in the era of social media like to promote their plans.

GNR im afraid never fall into that category. Before the illusions albums came out, and while the band were working on the album i remember reading magazine articles where the band would always discuss it. Where they were upto with recording, what the plan was as part of the release (one album or two) and were excited to raise it in any magazine interview to any interviewer who cared to listen.

Nowdays not so much. Maybe its fear of failing.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

My god!!

Someone had to approve this. Like look at it and go "yup! we're good to go!". They simply don't care anymore. It's like Axl told TB: "whatever it takes to make more money!"

Now it's truly Kiss territory.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Someone had to approve this. Like look at it and go "yup! we're good to go!". They simply don't care anymore. It's like Axl told TB: "whatever it takes to make more money!"

Now it's truly Kiss territory.

Someone = TB 

• Like 1

I left this forum (and following the band) in the midst the 2nd leg of the NITL as I had no patience and was totally bored anticipating, waiting for new music, and now I'm back and still nothing much has happened. Plus with all the videos takedowns and them not doing anything about it, and wtf with the Christmas merch??? What a joke of a band! I'm not sure why I need to call myself a fan anymore.

• Like 2