Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I know we are all very frustrated but it is what it is. Axl and co. are entitled to make as much money from whatever they deem appropriate and they don’t have to answer to us or anyone. Metallica, Kiss and many other bands have been doing this shit for years. GnR are actually slow to catch on, if they deserve any criticism its that they are behind the times with marketing and merchandising but that is consistent with everything GnR, Behind the times. They are no longer musically relevant. Simple as that. The leaks didn’t even make the news. No-one gives a rats arse anymore. They are the biggest Nostalgia touring act in the world and good luck to them. They are making hay while the sun shines. Adding to their respective retirement funds and that of their kids and the future generations of their family, and yes that definitely includes the Lebeis family, setting themselves up for the future as we all aspire to do. They are just doing it on a much bigger scale.

In terms of new music, go out and listen to Tool (F.I is awesome and I highly recommended it!)  or some artist that is still active, or find other bands to discover.

Edited by DownUnderScott
  • Like 1

The difference being Metallica actually write and release albums, as well as releasing a multitude of live releases - heck, so do Kiss who basically pioneered this type of cashing-in. If you are cash-grabbing whilst not releasing albums and so forth, all you (the fan) are left with is a toy truck and a jigsaw puzzle!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Creed said:

GnR merch is shitty and overprized. You dont have the choice to buy stuff, you would like to have...in addition to that...since 2016 they are selling merch with Steven and Izzy...both are alive and interested in playing. But in reality Fortus and Frank are playing. And both aint on any merch.

Not releasing live DVD stuff from the golden era is the biggest shame. To TB: Sell a fucking live performance to Netflix. 

Im pretty sure they're workin on it. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The difference being Metallica actually write and release albums, as well as releasing a multitude of live releases - heck, so do Kiss who basically pioneered this type of cashing-in. If you are cash-grabbing whilst not releasing albums and so forth, all you (the fan) are left with is a toy truck and a jigsaw puzzle!

Totally agree mate, and that's why we are all so dissapointed and frustrated. I for one, will never give GnR a cent of my money for the shitty toy trucks, jigsaw puzzles and so on... I dont even like most of their clothing merch. I will however, spend lots of money on new music from GnR. I would pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars on official releases of music, whether newly created stuff or old CD left-over songs, even if Axl had of had control of the demo-quality leaks and sold those CD's officially then I would lap that shit up! I just want to hear his voice on songs, and music that he has created, but the rest of the crap that seems to dominate the GnR landscape they can shove up their arse. Bottom line is though that he can do what he wants, as well as Duff and Slash, to bring in the coin, and if that crap sells then they will keep it up. 

1 hour ago, Meanmachine22 said:

I wonder when we see the first sex toys... The Fernando nighttrain hammer xxl. Looking forward to this. Man I love Kiss..ahhh Gnr

Fucknando isn't cool enough to pull off sex toys. Only rammstein can do that

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

They couldn't do this without the permission of the man behind the mic, prostituting himself for fortune and shame.

Maybe you're right. Although I doubt he's very much involved in any of this.

As long as the cheques are coming I don't think he cares one bit. 

• Like 1

It's so sad they only have one truly classic album they can milk money from. Every goddamn merch they put out has AFD-shit on it. I love the album, but come on...

Fuck those knick-knacks. 

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 3

On 12/15/2019 at 3:58 AM, DownUnderScott said:

I know we are all very frustrated but it is what it is. Axl and co. are entitled to make as much money from whatever they deem appropriate and they don’t have to answer to us or anyone. Metallica, Kiss and many other bands have been doing this shit for years. GnR are actually slow to catch on, if they deserve any criticism its that they are behind the times with marketing and merchandising but that is consistent with everything GnR, Behind the times. They are no longer musically relevant. Simple as that. The leaks didn’t even make the news. No-one gives a rats arse anymore. They are the biggest Nostalgia touring act in the world and good luck to them. They are making hay while the sun shines. Adding to their respective retirement funds and that of their kids and the future generations of their family, and yes that definitely includes the Lebeis family, setting themselves up for the future as we all aspire to do. They are just doing it on a much bigger scale.

In terms of new music, go out and listen to Tool (F.I is awesome and I highly recommended it!)  or some artist that is still active, or find other bands to discover.

Thnx. Truth.                                                                              It is what it is.  

Edited by Amaya

On 15/12/2019 at 8:32 PM, derekness said:

How so and where did you hear? I think they are interested in doing the exact opposite. 

From nowhere. Im speculatin for the "like" i had from fernando... nothin more. Only guts here... nothin official. 😂