LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Politania said:

Im sure he must wear them to hide braces on the ankles or that they are taped up like a boxer's wrists.  :thumbsup:

The guy just takes a beating on all fronts.  Good thing he has that fighting spirit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

The guy just takes a beating on all fronts.  Good thing he has that fighting spirit.

absolutely agree with you:)

1 hour ago, Politania said:

Im sure he must wear them to hide braces on the ankles or that they are taped up like a boxer's wrists.  :thumbsup:

There’s an old UYI interview where he talks about how weak his ankles have been his whole life so he has to tape his ankles before every show. 

I know he stopped doing the kick during ISE

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

There’s an old UYI interview where he talks about how weak his ankles have been his whole life so he has to tape his ankles before every show. 

I remember that interview :)

15 hours ago, Politania said:

I remember that interview :)

15 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Can’t kick at 57.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Can’t kick at 57.

every year makes a difference this was at 54. Not sure when the last kick in ISE occurred. Probably 2016 also 

After watching all of the complaints from this leg about the set list here is a chance to give some suggestions to the band.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

After watching all of the complaints from this leg about the set list here is a chance to give some suggestions to the band.

I just did and voted for Don't Damn Me. Come on. Vocally it's not more demanding than freaking Coma... 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Maybe a dumb question.... why are some songs starred???

1 minute ago, Rjuncajun said:

Maybe a dumb question.... why are some songs starred???

I think it means that there is pyro/fireworks?

Ahhh... makes sense.   I kept trying to draw the conclusion in my mind by didn't even think of the pyros.

I've seen this show 4 times, you'd think I would've known😜😜😜

30 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

They're just trolling us 

The thing is, they're not. Orientated towards casuals and other concert goers who demand SCOM and KOHD, they don't give a damn about Hard School, forums, or incorporating new tunes.

This new album thing won't be smooth. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We'll still be fucked for two reasons

1) a bunch of casuals will ask for dumb shit 

2) the band and its management don't give a fuck what the real fans want to hear anyway

Clearly. But that's beside the point, Russ. I think they meant: "What would you add IF we gave a fuck about what you want to hear?" (you still don't get it, sad. :()

• Haha 2

New music aside you can't really say they haven't been doing anything for the diehards. The did bring back two songs this leg that hadn't been played since the 90's, no casual fan would have given a shit especially about Locomotive. 

• Haha 1

In order to add songs. I think we or they should start with what songs should be taken off the list. For example I would replace The Seeker with Perfect Crime. Or Dust N Bones instead of Wichita Lineman. I would like to hear Patience and Don't Cry at every show. But they like to swap them. I don't know why they find it so hard to play Don't Cry early in the show, Patience in the encore.

15 minutes ago, Caedo said:

New music aside you can't really say they haven't been doing anything for the diehards. The did bring back two songs this leg that hadn't been played since the 90's, no casual fan would have given a shit especially about Locomotive. 

Didn't gave a shit enough to play Hard School/didn't have the balls. Was nice they've added Locomotive and Dead Horse but could have done more considering the fact they haven't released anything in decades together/ticket prices/long ass tour with a bunch of filler covers. The shows are too mechanical now. Not what Gn'R is supposed to be according to me. Is 1 "new" song is too much to ask for?

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Didn't gave a shit enough to play Hard School/didn't have the balls. Was nice they've added Locomotive and Dead Horse but could have done more considering the fact they haven't release anything in decades together/ticket prices/long ass tour with a bunch of filler covers. The shows are too mechanical now. Not what Gn'R is supposed to be according to me. Is 1 "new" song is too much to ask for?

New music would be good but if they rehearsed Hard School they're clearly at least working on stuff, maybe they weren't comfortable pulling it out for whatever reason. I'm willing to give them a pass on no new music this leg, provided we hear something new next year (and yeah I know there's a high chance we won't). 

18 minutes ago, Caedo said:

New music would be good but if they rehearsed Hard School they're clearly at least working on stuff, maybe they weren't comfortable pulling it out for whatever reason. I'm willing to give them a pass on no new music this leg, provided we hear something new next year (and yeah I know there's a high chance we won't). 

Coma is one of my favorite Guns songs, but how many times they even played Locomotive? 3 was it? Slash's new solo spot, Locomotive, and Dead Horse for this leg. I guess it's better than nothing but adding Illusion era tunes to the set list is not enough to inject new energy to the shows.

I'm always willing to give them a pass. They don't owe me anything and the shows are still really long and fun. But imagine how easy it is for them to mix it up a little and rotate Appetite tunes like My Michelle/Out Ta Get Me/Think About you, some Lies tunes like Used To Love Her/You're Crazy acoustic and some Chinese tunes Slash and Duff never played like I.R.S.

But the casuals are the deciding factor it seems. (aka money) 2 or 3 Illusion tracks are the bare minimum imo, not that great.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Kayo Michell said:

People on the comments asking for Sweet Child... gotta be kidding me

Did they not look at the pic first? :facepalm:

• Like 1