LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Did they not look at the pic first? :facepalm:

Yeah but they were like "why not sub out SCOM for Sweet Child O' Mine?" :lol:

• Haha 2

If they add Hard School and Atlas next year it will be a good start. (20 year old unreleased tunes instead of tunes the band has released 29 years ago or better yet why not both)

All I want is 14 years 1 time with Slash. He's done it with Axl why can't he do it 1 time with them. I'll even pay Izzy to do it 

I got locomotive finally so this was the last song I wanted to hear. although I will say slither was a nice surprise when that appeared. didn't want it but glad I/we got it

• Like 1

Scom. Top comment with 389 likes..... this is the public that go to the shows.

Were fucked up.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Dust N Bones, Don’t Damn Me, Bad Apples, Bad Obsession, Perfect Crime, 14 Years, Back Off Bitch, Pretty Tied Up, So Fine.

I’ll just send them the link to my GNR playlist on Spotify.

• Like 2

Just imagine a GN'R tour like Metallica did, by Request, with online pool and everything, pick 18 songs that you wanna hear and boom, there's a brand new (or not) setlist every concert.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Just imagine a GN'R tour like Metallica did, by Request, with online pool and everything, pick 18 songs that you wanna hear and boom, there's a brand new (or not) setlist every concert.

Metallica considered By Request a let down because most shows resulted in the same popular songs getting voted for every time.

A GNR By Request tour would be the same level of disappointment. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Metallica considered By Request a let down because most shows resulted in the same popular songs getting voted for every time.

A GNR By Request tour would be the same level of disappointment. 

Exactly. We would only get the perfect setlist if the band played a show exclusively for members of their fan club (or something like that) and the fans could choose the songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

All I want is 14 years 1 time with Slash. He's done it with Axl why can't he do it 1 time with them. I'll even pay Izzy to do it 

I got locomotive finally so this was the last song I wanted to hear. although I will say slither was a nice surprise when that appeared. didn't want it but glad I/we got it

I love 14 years too, but guess no Izzy, no 14 years, sadly ;)

2 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah but they were like "why not sub out SCOM for Sweet Child O' Mine?" :lol:

2 hours ago, axlvai said:

Scom. Top comment with 389 likes..... this is the public that go to the shows.

Were fucked up.

What idiots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Again.. The setlists are fine.. They gradually change as the months go on. When they return to a city the next time around there have always been a handful of songs that weren't played the previous time they were there.. They have a few rotating slots. They do more than 90% of the bands out there to keep it fresh. That is a fact. The encores are mixed up. They busted out a handful of songs we never would have thought they would play. Sure they could shuffle the order a bit but people's expectations are way to fucking high..  Metallica basically tours with two alternate setlists and rotate them from show to show with maybe one additional flex song per night.  

The band doesn't do everything right but to bitch about the setlists is just crazy considering they make more changes than most bands out there. Most bands play the exact same set every night for entire tours and then maybe only change 1 or 2 songs the next time they tour.. 

I agree.  There was a time where I thought it was more valid, however in the rotation for the last couple of years we have gotten Shadow of Your Love, Slither, Locomotive, and Dead Horse.  Along with occasional bursts of There Was A Time, Madagascar, Yesterdays, etc.

I think the setlist situation currently is actually pretty good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I agree.  There was a time where I thought it was more valid, however in the rotation for the last couple of years we have gotten Shadow of Your Love, Slither, Locomotive, and Dead Horse.  Along with occasional bursts of There Was A Time, Madagascar, Yesterdays, etc.

I think the setlist situation currently is actually pretty good

I dont think ive heard a nitl version of there was a time?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Just now, Sydney Fan said:

I dont think ive heard a nitl version if there was a time?.

I saw them perform TWAT live in San Diego 2016 which was badass, I never ever thought I would get to hear it played live ever because of how infrequent they bust it out

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

I saw them perform TWAT live in San Diego 2016 which was badass, I never ever thought I would get to hear it played live ever because of how infrequent they bust it out

👍Im going to have to troll youtube for it

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

Clearly. But that's beside the point, Russ. I think they meant: "What would you add IF we gave a fuck about what you want to hear?" (you still don't get it, sad. :()

They could add a cover of this one to the set and dedicate it to all the hardcore fans around the world

• Haha 1

Finally, a new song- “SCOM”. And it replaced Sweet Child, I was kind of sick of that song. What do you guys think SCOM will sound like?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I just did and voted for Don't Damn Me. Come on. Vocally it's not more demanding than freaking Coma... 

Don't damn me is my alltime favourite, so badass

• Like 1

Don't Damn Me, The Garden, Reckless Life, Anything Goes, Think about you, Dust N bones, 14 years, Pretty Tied Up, don't cry alt, human being, move to the city acoustic, NR acoustic, One in A Million, You're Crazy, NR acoustic

i would be ok with that setlist 

On 2019-11-11 at 10:13 PM, WhazUp said:

They played it at the Slane gig also. 

Was Catcher in the Rye a rarity on the tour overall? I just realized I saw them do it twice, Seattle & Vancouver. 

Unless the GNR social media department is in AUS/NZ, that's pretty embarrassing