LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

This is basically what Slash already said in August 2018. 

Seems slash is more forthcoming with band news than  gnrs illustrious manager!.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:20 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Again.. The setlists are fine.. They gradually change as the months go on. When they return to a city the next time around there have always been a handful of songs that weren't played the previous time they were there.. They have a few rotating slots. They do more than 90% of the bands out there to keep it fresh. That is a fact. The encores are mixed up. They busted out a handful of songs we never would have thought they would play. Sure they could shuffle the order a bit but people's expectations are way to fucking high..  Metallica basically tours with two alternate setlists and rotate them from show to show with maybe one additional flex song per night.  

The band doesn't do everything right but to bitch about the setlists is just crazy considering they make more changes than most bands out there. Most bands play the exact same set every night for entire tours and then maybe only change 1 or 2 songs the next time they tour.. 

Found some random biggest tours list from a recent year so I'll take only rock bands and artists and how many different songs they did. Some of those are solos but it's not the point to be exact but to paint a picture. So basically only Iron Maiden is worse who don't change their set at all but they do have a huge production

Metallica 71 in 149 shows
GnR 46 in 175 shows
RHCP more than 100 in 143 shows 
Pearl Jam around 150 in only 26 shows 
U2 46 in 67 shows
Bruce Springsteen around 140 in 78 shows
Coldplay around 80 in 112 shows (around 50 songs if we exclude a cover they do for every country)
The Rolling Stones 45 in 19 shows
Paul McCartney 80 in 52 shows
Iron Maiden 15 in 72 shows

Edited by Nicklord

55 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's been a lucrative 4 years, now Axl will take a quick breather before we start to make more money again. There is still way more money to be made from playing 30 years old tunes live.

Love it or hate it, accept it or debate it. NITL was a massive success!

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

It's been a lucrative 4 years, now Axl will take a quick breather before we start to make more money again. There is still way more money to be made from playing 30 years old tunes live.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Very nice you translation..... thanks :D

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

i think he means he's got more useless designs no one has asked for, for the merch store.

"We have only begun to scratch the surface" of understanding how to manage a rock n roll band :lol:

3 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I dunno, this is like the third year in a row where Fernando has posted pretty much the exact same statement, just with different wording.

Yep, and if always comes at about this same time every year too. As if to say "I'm done with what I call 'work' for the year" 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, and if always comes at about this same time every year too. As if to say "I'm done with what I call 'work' for the year" 

I don't see how he's gonna bury the laundry bag. Still excited about future ugly clothes, silly merch, and the possible confirmation of Reddit accounts.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

hes an imbecile and should really parody himself out of whatever gnr is and parade a new innovative fashion line in new york and act like hes the shit with cameras following him around as he makes girly pink designs on leather jackets 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Found some random biggest tours list from a recent year so I'll take only rock bands and artists and how many different songs they did. Some of those are solos but it's not the point to be exact but to paint a picture. So basically only Iron Maiden is worse who don't change their set at all but they do have a huge production

Metallica 71 in 149 shows
GnR 46 in 175 shows
RHCP more than 100 in 143 shows 
Pearl Jam around 150 in only 26 shows 
U2 46 in 67 shows
Bruce Springsteen around 140 in 78 shows
Coldplay around 80 in 112 shows (around 50 songs if we exclude a cover they do for every country)
The Rolling Stones 45 in 19 shows
Paul McCartney 80 in 52 shows
Iron Maiden 15 in 72 shows

I like where you are going with this but its inaccurate to look at # of different songs, it should be # of different songs as a percentage of their total catalog.  Guns catalog [while awesome in quality] isn't nearly as deep by way of # of songs as some of the others listed. 

Fernando's only just scratched the surface of things he can slap the GNR logo on. He's done tacky aviation merch, toy trucks, and laundry bags already!

I hope you're ready for 'It's So Easy Water-Based Lubricant', because you'll need it with how this management treats the fans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Fernando's only just scratched the surface of things he can slap the GNR logo on. He's done tacky aviation merch, toy trucks, and laundry bags already!

I hope you're ready for 'It's So Easy Water-Based Lubricant', because you'll need it with how this management treats the fans!

he will make gnr condoms and dildos next

• Like 1

10 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

he will make gnr condoms and dildos next

Rammstein has dildos

12 hours ago, dallasgnrfan said:

I like where you are going with this but its inaccurate to look at # of different songs, it should be # of different songs as a percentage of their total catalog.  Guns catalog [while awesome in quality] isn't nearly as deep by way of # of songs as some of the others listed. 

There're a lot of factors. % of their songs, how many covers, some of those bands rotate only 3 songs per set but in those 3 they can do literally anything... Pearl Jam can play literally anything at any point of the show etc etc

But it was really just to paint a picture of how many songs each band does

Edited by Nicklord

On 18/11/2019 at 3:33 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

A BIG FUCK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO FERNANDO, TEAM BRAZIL AND WHOEVER THAT SUPPORTS THEM INCLUDING SOME MYGNR MEMBERS.

• Like 1