LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Y'know.. I always thought Tommy was the better singer, but he didn't capture the right feeling singing backup for GN'R.

Duff's voice is really interesting, it belongs in GN'R. And his solo stuff is always worth checking out. I still play Wasted Heart from time to time, it's a simple song but I really like it. Wouldn't mind hearing that instead of Slither with Axl.

Steven has on a Dead shirt?  I don't know if I like that.  I mean he fits right in but Jerry didn't even like the deadheads.  Look GNR you've got to take this guy back. :lol:

If Super Bowl Fest gets widely televised a lot of people will be introduced to Mickey. Doesnt seem like a great idea.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

If Super Bowl Fest gets widely televised a lot of people will be introduced to Mickey. Doesnt seem like a great idea.

I had nightmares after Rock in Rio 2017. Can relate!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, soon said:

Actually, that could work well for us, because TB might realize afterwards that they have fuck all to lose and might finally do something about that Wanker’s Revenge arrangement.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 7:12 AM, soon said:

I wonder if this will be a shorter set. He usually does better when he's running around less. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fernandoGNR said:

March 18: Costa Rica

It's as if the band delegated tasks to slash and duff on which shows they would post to promote. 😂 

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Am I going crazy or does that sign on the wall say "Reco", as in "Recording"?

Optimistic perhaps 

• Like 1

I don’t understand and never will understand GnR. 

Yes we are working on a new album or no we are not?

Throw out a tentative release date and put a song on a soundtrack.

i just think that they’ve already written their best stuff in the 80s and know they can’t live up to it and don’t want to embarrass themselves.

No.

GNR just know well that the real money are only from concerts and that they can play nostalgia tour for years to come... There will be always people wanting to buy tickets.

It's not worth recording nowadays. Too much work, too risky, too litlle to earn.

Edited by Liquor & Whores

14 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Am I going crazy or does that sign on the wall say "Reco", as in "Recording"?

That sure would be nice. It could also say "recording prohibited" if its a GNR rehearsal?

Or Fortus seems to now how some of us like to be teased with these types of shots. Could be a session he's doing with a different artists and he just hash tagged Guns stuff for shits and giggles.

If it is Guns recording, is that the Wichita Lineman guitar? 

17 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

No.

GNR just know well that the real money are only from concerts and that they can play nostalgia tour for years to come... There will be always people wanting to buy tickets.

It's not worth recording nowadays. Too much work, too risky, too litlle to earn.

I don't believe that.  Why?  I love Chinese Democracy but realize many many do not, yet the stadiums fill up for these guys.  They could release a major bomb and still fills shows with people.  There is no risk to releasing music for this band

26 minutes ago, soon said:

That sure would be nice. It could also say "recording prohibited" if its a GNR rehearsal?

Or Fortus seems to now how some of us like to be teased with these types of shots. Could be a session he's doing with a different artists and he just hash tagged Guns stuff for shits and giggles.

If it is Guns recording, is that the Wichita Lineman guitar? 

Fortus has brought out a Gretsch White Falcoln many times, hes used it on a lot of the Appetite material (Izzy recorded Appetite with a White Falcoln) some of the cover songs like Whole Lotta Rosie, & The Seeker. The White Falcoln usually is used for Rhythm guitar, and works alongside a Gibson Les Paul & a SG very well producing a good "thick" tone against a Les Paul. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Fortus has brought out a Gretsch White Falcoln many times, hes used it on a lot of the Appetite material (Izzy recorded Appetite with a White Falcoln) some of the cover songs like Whole Lotta Rosie, & The Seeker. The White Falcoln usually is used for Rhythm guitar, and works alongside a Gibson Les Paul & a SG very well producing a good "thick" tone against a Les Paul. 

Thanks for info. Didnt know Izzy played one.

Better not be recording covers!!

Id like a White Falcon. The modern Japanese ones are very nice

17 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don’t understand and never will understand GnR. 

Yes we are working on a new album or no we are not?

Throw out a tentative release date and put a song on a soundtrack.

i just think that they’ve already written their best stuff in the 80s and know they can’t live up to it and don’t want to embarrass themselves.

Most bands that care about releasing new material and consider themselves fan friendly in the era of social media like to promote their plans.

GNR im afraid never fall into that category. Before the illusions albums came out, and while the band were working on the album i remember reading magazine articles where the band would always discuss it. Where they were upto with recording, what the plan was as part of the release (one album or two) and were excited to raise it in any magazine interview to any interviewer who cared to listen.

Nowdays not so much. Maybe its fear of failing.