Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

53 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Looks like rehearsals.

Yeah I’m guessing that too... Those thingys on the wall stopping echo or soundproofing? Fernando is smaller than I thought.....

I wonder if the appetitive poster hints towards them doing a club show in London, like the stones used to, before the big gigs... Be a good way to launch an album, like how did they did the comeback at the troubadour, except with a bunch of new songs. 

But with GnR who knows. 

On 21/01/2020 at 6:25 PM, DarkLotus1111 said:

It's probably the same tour name as before. The only difference is Melissa and Dizzy are switching keyboard spaces... 😏 Lol 

Not sure if melissa will even be there still. Isnt she still suffering some health issues?

34 minutes ago, vloors said:

If this tour doesnt have any new music then the only other way the tour will continue to be successful would be if afd 5 has gotten back together.....heres hoping for either new tunes or afd 5.

You do realize AFD 5 will never happen right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Do they usually have photographic studio lights during rehearsals? That's what I was trying to point out in the photo. 

They need those for close ups of the new range of toy trucks they will be selling.

Edited by vloors
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, vloors said:

Not sure if melissa will even be there still. Isnt she still suffering some health issues?

She’s been back for shows since posting about health issues, thankfully.

When NITL seemed to be over for the first time she posted on insta about seeking medical treatment and mentioned her poor diet.

That was the last post for a while. But then she started posting again when Guns headed back on the road for the fall festival tour. She framed her absence as a break from socials for personal reasons, so possibly her health wasn’t even the reason she was silent.

There’s even posts of her out on the town enjoying nightlife after playing with Guns - so hopefully that means she’s doing good :headbang:

5 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Do they usually have photographic studio lights during rehearsals? That's what I was trying to point out in the photo. 

They are not lighting stands. The stands in the background are stands for the antennas for the  in ear monitors, wireless systems the guys use on the guitars or microphones. 

They will have a number of these stands and antennas placed around the stage.

The signals come off the wireless packs attached to them (in ear transmitter) or the guitars, hit the antennas and then get direct to the receivers either in their guitar racks or to the in ear monitor sound engineers tech pit area  (guys at side of stage).

There is a very informative rig rundown for the Metallica guys, we're they explain about having to position the wireless antennas to cover the whole stage and hide them from view.

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

They are not lighting stands. The stands in the background are stands for the antennas for the  in ear monitors, wireless systems the guys use on the guitars or microphones. 

They will have a number of these stands and antennas placed around the stage.

The signals come off the wireless packs attached to them (in ear transmitter) or the guitars, hit the antennas and then get direct to the receivers either in their guitar racks or to the in ear monitor sound engineers tech pit area  (guys at side of stage).

There is a very informative rig rundown for the Metallica guys, we're they explain about having to position the wireless antennas to cover the whole stage and hide them from view.

I've always wondered if someone could hack into those wireless systems.  Like if you had an antenna and the right equipment to hone in on the right frequency.  It seems if a person was so inclined they could cause some havoc.😄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I've always wondered if someone could hack into those wireless systems.  Like if you had an antenna and the right equipment to hone in on the right frequency.  It seems if a person was so inclined they could cause some havoc.😄

Start telling Axl some knock-knock jokes in his in-ear while he's performing for a change! lol

• Haha 1