Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Probably, this is not an official release at all. In my opinion this isn't any different to all the other inofficial bootlegs on spotify etc. This says published by Blue Music Corps which seems to me as a more or less professional music publishing company. If you use thirdparty websites to publish music on platforms like Spotify there is an option to put it up on YouTube which ties the music to the artists profile/channel (it says auto-generated by YouTube in the description). This is probably what happened. This company wanted to release the Ritz broadcast like many others before them and their auto-generated uploads got tied to GNR's account by YouTube automatically... 

Someone with more knowledge on this correct me if I'm wrong. Just my assumption...

You guys know there have been bootlegs linked to the bands official youtube page for the last few years, right?

I think it's just randomly generated by youtube/google, the shows that get posted are always the really common ones: Ritz 1988, Indianna 1991, Argentina 1992/93, etc.

Basically it's all the bootlegs that were broadcast in some form, that you can easily find on Amazon or wherever else. It won't lead to anything interesting, unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 12:13 AM, vloors said:

If this tour doesnt have any new music then the only other way the tour will continue to be successful would be if afd 5 has gotten back together.....heres hoping for either new tunes or afd 5.

i would say the afd poster along with the shout outs to adler would give credence that this afd 5 is possible, there are no other hints that have been as forthcoming as those as of now

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I hate when mods get lock happy.  That coulda stayed open. 

Aye, it's fine. It's just, as you know, the next chapter thing has been put on the Euro dates, but there has been no attachment to the SA dates or tomorrow's date (unless someone can point out otherwise). So, it is of interest.

"The Next Chapter" strikes me as being just the newest in a line of similar phrases. Phrases like "Just Getting Started" and "The Machine Rolls On" that we've seen in their concert posts and Fernando's posts. So, it doesn't really pique my curiosity.

Would love to be wrong though.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

@AxlisGod

Frustrating that got locked

What dates did it list, and where did you see it, the insta story

16 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I hate when mods get lock happy.  That coulda stayed open. 

I hear what you're saying but we already have this thread for social media along with the other threads involving upcoming shows. 

The "Next Chapter" thing has been around for a while, so it seems like we can just discuss tie Instagram post in this thread. 

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

I hear what you're saying but we already have this thread for social media along with the other threads involving upcoming shows. 

The "Next Chapter" thing has been around for a while, so it seems like we can just discuss tie Instagram post in this thread. 

Cool, if someone sees the insta story, could they post what dates they are advertising as next chapter.

I think the only thing new we can figure with the next chapter Instagram stories popping up now is that maybe it means the Super Bowl show is the start of that and not just another NITL show?

I also fucking hate these posts because I’m started to get hyped for whatever it is even though I fully know as a Guns fan it probably won’t be new music or really anything interesting.

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the only thing new we can figure with the next chapter Instagram stories popping up now is that maybe it means the Super Bowl show is the start of that and not just another NITL show?

I also fucking hate these posts because I’m started to get hyped for whatever it is even though I fully know as a Guns fan it probably won’t be new music or really anything interesting.

It's just interesting.

The whole new chapter thing separates the last tour from the new one. I know people are sceptical, and that's fine, everyone carries different expectations. However, it would be good to know when the new chapter officially begins so we can see what it means. I've not seen 'new chapter' attached to tomorrows date or the SA tour, so for those dates, at the moment, I am not expecting much.

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1