LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

13 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

1) Just because they have been associated with Axl since the '90's doesn't mean they were working in a business or management capacity since then. Team Brazil was instituted around 2011/2012, and Beta had some influential capacity prior to then.

2) Axl had issues before and after Team Brazil were instituted. It's not like they were immediate cures for Axl. In fact, Beta forced his hand by threatening to quit unless Axl stopped hiring third party managers. She says so herself.

3) Axl was the one who told Fernando he was going to contact Slash. It's not so hard to pick up a phone and hand it to Axl, is it? After all, that's what Fernando done prior to becoming manager - he was a personal assistant to Axl (another gig he just fell into by virtue of being the son of Beta). Guns N' Roses, since then, has been represented by three parties (Axl, Slash and Duff) with three different managers. They have at the very least overseen the touring, and will likely oversee a future album release too. While Team Brazil deserves some credit for negotiating a reunion, to give all credit to them is disingenuous. In fact, before the reunion, Guns N' Roses was playing entertainment centers at best and amphitheaters at worst. Axl was reportedly in some financial trouble as well. Does that really sound like fantastic management?

3) Team Brazil may be able to negotiate successful tours, but they are terrible marketers and promoters. A band needs both to survive. You say community engagement isn't important for what they are doing. I will say that is true for the reunion tour, but sooner or later, that steam will run out. They will require professional marketing and PR then. 

What is actually on their resume I have no idea.  I believe they were on Merck's companies payroll with job duties.  But they've been there all this time and have come up through the ranks.  People who start at the bottom and move up know way more then the folks who walk in from the outside.

Thank god Beta finally stepped up.  I was screaming for that years before it happen.  People are hung up on where she started.  They don't see the years of experience she has had.  I would have to have been in that room when she told Axl that although it probably wasn't as big of deal as we see it.

Again I have no idea what's on Fernando's resume.  It's my opinion he's going to be the last man standing in the GNR business and if he's the one they want running this whole thing when the rest of the band has retired or dead, they better get him trained and working with it.  GNR will have to judge if he's what they want.  I also have no idea how skilled the managers are for Slash and Duff or their input into what GNR does.  GNR is a way bigger beast then what Slash and Duff have done in their individual careers.  Right now it's working.

What else has there been to promote outside of the tours?  In my opinion GNR merch has never been anything I wanted to buy.  Don't know if you like it.  It's way over priced but I have to pay those prices if I want other band's stuff like that.  Overall their PR sucks but everybody's does.  There's so many twists and spins on what anyone says these days.  It's best just to limit what you do put out there.

I don't see anyway for the GNR board communities to be part of supporting this band.  You read past the first news item and it's mostly negative.  People think they know how it all works.  They can't let go of things that happen years, decades ago.  They want to give an opinion.  They want to talk and they talk shit.  They want stuff and they want it now. Marketing and PR aren't going to change that.  I wouldn't acknowledge there are GNR boards out there.  We're not that much different then what happens on other bands board communities.  It's kind of what is happening all over.  It might help a just starting out band get going but I don't think it's impact is all that important with a band as big and as established as GNR.  

You know it's all my opinion.  I'm pretty happy with GNR and what they are doing.  There are things I wish were different.  I wish I didn't get sucked into conversations where I really can only base opinions on what I think I know, lol.  Or express my frustration things aren't happening as fast as I would like them to.  But it happens.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

The constant overuse of “f’n” in their social media is so embarrassing. What old Harley riding boomers are they marketing to with that??

That's exactly who they're marketing to. I've said this before, but they've mistaken their audience for the audience the Stones have had since the late 80s.

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

cool pic, lame caption 

Hmmm, this post seems to put that Slash dropping fire caption into perspective. Looks like it was a case of us fans clutching at straws yet again.

Edited by Towelie
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

I hope if they release something from the past, it will be called "Atlas F'n Shrugged" or "State of F'n Grace"! 

Besides, why do they keep using capitals? It's "f'n stage", isn't it? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

Hmmm, this post seems to put that Slash dropping fire caption into perspective. Looks like it was a case of us fans clutching at straws yet again.

Well, Duff and Slash released NovemberRain-ish song with Ozzy, EltonJohn and Chad Smith - maybe post was reffering to that :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I hope if they release something from the past, it will be called "Atlas F'n Shrugged" or "State of F'n Grace"! 

Besides, why do they keep using capitals? It's "f'n stage", isn't it? 

It should also have been Guns 'N' Roses, so any grammar related theories I wouldn't dig too much into when it comes to this band:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArthurMorgan said:

It should also have been Guns 'N' Roses, so any grammar related theories I wouldn't dig too much into when it comes to this band:lol:

Holy crap, you're right. And here I was thinking my whole life that the correct version is N'. 

Edited by jamillos

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

Holy crap, you're right. And here I was thinking my whole life that the correct version is N'. 

Same here 🤯

Using "F'n" instead of just writing "fucking" is so lame. Either you have that attitude or you don't.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 2

How about find a new word? You (GnR Big 3) , they are  at 55 and over. 

3 minutes ago, Amaya said:

How about find a new word? You (GnR Big 3) , they are  at 55 and over. 

So?

• Haha 1

On 2020-01-08 at 6:42 AM, DieselDaisy said:

So Melissa has to use the same bog as Dizzy Reed?

What if Dizzy has the Guinness Shits?

Tar....

25 minutes ago, Caedo said:

What does bts stand for?

My guess is Behind The Scenes 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Another one of these BTS shit

I have no ideawhy axl has to wear a robe after a dhow.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I have no ideawhy axl has to wear a robe after a dhow.

Well, his clothes are soaked after the show and he wants to keep wrapped up until he can hit the showers.  It's to prevent getting sick.  I watched one of the docs on The Stones and as soon as they exited the stage they put a robe on.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Well, his clothes are soaked after the show and he wants to keep wrapped up until he can hit the showers.  It's to prevent getting sick.  I watched one of the docs on The Stones and as soon as they exited the stage they put a robe on.

Interesting. I thought it was axl wanting to channel his inner hugh hefner.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, vloors said:

My guess is Behind The Scenes 

Ah yeah I knew it would be something obvious like that, just couldn't think of it haha