Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Well, there still is STP.

As a tribute band yes. I don't think they'll be selling out many gigs. Jeff Gutt is actually quite entertaining live but Scott was by far the star of the band. You could say he was the WildStar 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Sabbath handled it without Ozzy, DP without Gillan, I'm sure fuckin' VR could go on with someone else... The question is, why would anyone want that at this point.

They tried. I think that ship has sailed now. They even turned down Corey Taylor after recording songs with him. Now that I would like to hear 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WildStar said:

As a tribute band yes. I don't think they'll be selling out many gigs. Jeff Gutt is actually quite entertaining live but Scott was by far the star of the band. You could say he was the WildStar 

They tried. I think that ship has sailed now. They even turned down Corey Taylor after recording songs with him. Now that I would like to hear 

I still think Slash should have taken Sebastian Bach. "Predictable" or not, it could have been awesome. 

But now, Slash doing anything outside GNR would mean GNR not being in the studio. Screw that. 

Edited by jamillos

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I still think Slash should have taken Sebastian Bach. "Predictable" or not, it could have been awesome. 

But now, Slash doing anything outside GNR would mean GNR not being in the studio. Screw that. 

There's only one person stopping GNR recording. I'm pretty confident we'll have a new album with Slash on it by this time next year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Oh, they might be on studio right now but we know its never getting a release so what.

12 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I was always thinking James Michael of Sixx. A.M. would have been perfect fit for Velvet Revolver. I even asked Matt Sorum that and he answered me. 

Unfortunately, nothing came out of it. :shrugs:

Yes, it’s a way bigger matter than just finding another singer. It involves money, mainly.

Edited by Duwz

37 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I was always thinking James Michael of Sixx. A.M. would have been perfect fit for Velvet Revolver. I even asked Matt Sorum that and he answered me. 

Unfortunately, nothing came out of it. :shrugs:

Good shout but I don't think Matt was impressed. If Corey Taylor wasn't good enough I don't think there's many out there that'd cut it. 

I'm grateful I made the most of the VR years and saw a lot of gigs. When you think about it VR only lasted 4 years which is less than the current Guns reunion. 2 albums to Zero

30 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Good shout but I don't think Matt was impressed. If Corey Taylor wasn't good enough I don't think there's many out there that'd cut it. 

I'm grateful I made the most of the VR years and saw a lot of gigs. When you think about it VR only lasted 4 years which is less than the current Guns reunion. 2 albums to Zero

Unfortunately different era of the music industry. The industry has changed and evolved and making albums isn't the bread and butter of the music industry any more. Touring is were the money is generated in today's music industry for all artists. The promoters have the leverage over artists, as the demand is in people wanting to buy concert tickets then albums leaving record labels powerless compared to the control labels had in the music industry over the past decades. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1