Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

They are two instrumental tracks that Velvet Revolver used like around 2009ish, to audition vocalists.  Vocalists would on their own, download the tracks and write and record vocals for to send to VR for the initial audition screening I believe. 

One of the instrumentals was this song that Matt is using for Cherrie's album, that had the Space Hog guy demo on apparently before her.  And the other is a track that I couldn't find the actual instrumental-only of, but I found a version of it with a vocalists audition-vocals on it, on their website

Funny you mention the Spacehog guy (can’t remember his name but I believe he dated Liv Tyler and maybe even married her, iirc). A lot of people think he sounds like Axl (low voice), and I agree. Someone I used to know once said that when that hit song of theirs came on the radio for the first time in 1995, they thought it was a new GnR song.

sorry to get off topic. Just figured I’d bring that up since it’s a funny coincidence and nobody talks about spacehog anymore. Plus, there’s nothing really to talk about in GnR land right now anyways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Funny you mention the Spacehog guy (can’t remember his name but I believe he dated Liv Tyler and maybe even married her, iirc). A lot of people think he sounds like Axl (low voice), and I agree. Someone I used to know once said that when that hit song of theirs came on the radio for the first time in 1995, they thought it was a new GnR song.

sorry to get off topic. Just figured I’d bring that up since it’s a funny coincidence and nobody talks about spacehog anymore. Plus, there’s nothing really to talk about in GnR land right now anyways.

Absolutely agree, I loved their track In The Meantime. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I can totally see that!  He has some vocal inflections that have a tinge of Axl in there for sure.  And yeah, now that you mention it - beyond the occasional mention of In The Meantime on online lists of "90s One Hit Wonders" and whatnot I don't see them mentioned too much haha although I think I heard their debut album in full a while back and remembered liking it overall

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

ok. Nevermind

4 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Same here brother, every single day anyone ever says that

Because of this conversation, I made an "OK NEVERMIND" drop for my podcast. A lot of people won't get it but it'll make me laugh lol

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

GNR official Facebook account t just posted a 2:38 video with images from a recent sound check (Miami?) and the word ‘Patience’ it’s the first time they posted something since lockdown, right ?

It's nice to see some chill footage of them rehearsing.

Axl always looks good when dressed down, he really needs to channel his 2009 style.

Would have preferred either the guys to record a version at their homes or use audio recorded from a live show but oh well.

• GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yep ill admit when i first heard the song on the radio in 95 i thought gee sounds abit like axl. Just bits hear and there in the song that made it sound like axl.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

I just hate this nonstop black & white filter on almost all videos and photos...

It was cool effect here and there but after years of official gnr&kat promos I cannot stand it anymore - would yell at Charlie Chaplin movie if I catch it now...

Agreed.

1 hour ago, DK6 said:

You mean Black & F'n White filter?

I've become so accustomed to the "f'n" I had to re-read this post a couple times to see the difference between the post you quoted.

Edited by doakes
  • Haha 1