Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

It is important to constantly remind ourselves that Guns N' Roses, whatever the obstacle, be it new albums or global pandemics, always possess a series of rather vague and fudgy complications, ''legalities'', ''third parties'' and ''mitigating factors'', which every other act in the world does not have to combat - it goes without saying that this should be reiterated demonstratively at all times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The difference with the Maiden statement is that unlike GNR they had the final dates for the rescheduled concerts. GNR said that they don't know yet and that they're working hard on it in order to do further announcements on it soon. When they know specifics they'll announce it just like Maiden did. In the meantime, they just said that they're working on it and that the dates will not be happening.

I mean, there were people asking for this exact kind of announcement a few days ago. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

"massaging" is a part of communication sometimes so it is important and it can go a long way in not pissing off your fanbase. Not sure what you're arguing here tbh: that it's a tough situation to maneuver? should be done better by a band of this size imo.

and while many fans probably realized that no shows were going to take place in the near future, a lot of fans probably would have appreciated a more open discussion by the band about what was happening. (including me) There are too many ways to make it happen without even saying much and that's my main issue with how they've handled it. (no different than almost any other situation that involves communicating with Gn'R fans unfortunately)

My point is we don't know the facts or what they were being told behind the scenes. Besides that I think? we agree. 

Not saying that dealing with your audience in a proper and speedy way isn't important, I think you're not reading what I'm saying... and again you've framed me as some sort of TB/GNR defender:huh: Which I really don't get.

2 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

The difference with the Maiden statement is that unlike GNR they had the final dates for the rescheduled concerts. GNR said that they don't know yet and that they're working hard on it in order to do further announcements on it soon. When they know specifics they'll announce it just like Maiden did. In the meantime, they just said that they're working on it and that the dates will not be happening.

I mean, there were people asking for this exact kind of announcement a few days ago. 

Yeah... and stating this point only gets people barking at you. statement comes out "Everyone knew already what is the point" the day before "Just release a statement, any statement that ALL we need". I keep saying it but this place is fucking crazy and impossible to please. The day they  release new music, someone will say "yeah, they should have released 2 albums though". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

My point is we don't know the facts or what they were being told behind the scenes. Besides that I think? we agree. 

Not saying that dealing with your audience in a proper and speedy way isn't important, I think you're not reading what I'm saying... and again you've framed me as some sort of TB/GNR defender:huh: Which I really don't get.

I have read what you said, I just think Gn'R had to deal with more or less the same factors as other bands have. There are no special circumstances that prevented this band from communicating more frequently or more professionally if I had to guess. It's just the same old approach of not saying anything until it's totally safe.

and I wasn't framing you as anything, just sharing my opinion as always.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is important to constantly remind ourselves that Guns N' Roses, whatever the obstacle, be it new albums or global pandemics, always possess a series of rather vague and fudgy complications, ''legalities'', ''third parties'' and ''mitigating factors'', which every other act in the world does not have to combat - it goes without saying that this should be reiterated demonstratively at all times.

Except when it comes to toy trucks, laundry bags, or children's literature.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Didn't Duff say that he, Axl, and Jon Bon Jovi had a very cordial dinner once? Maybe I'm wrong.

That was Sebastian, Axl and Jon... think they met in a restaurant. Think Sebastian and Jon spoke. I haven't heard the Duff story.

22 hours ago, Ratam said:

I think that Bon Jovi is great example as handled it situation, but Bon Jovi is an guy that have social conscience.

I think it's different with Bon Jovi since he's a Jersey guy. Born, bred, and still lives in this state. He embodies the NJ spirit with his songs about toughness, faith, and blue collar work ethic. Both him and Springsteen.  Since the 2000s began, NJ has gotten hit hard  with a lot of things. My opinion is that it has affected both Bon Jovi and Springsteen. I can't fully explain it, but it's definitely a culture from NJ that both have been a part of. 

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, 42è BCP said:

This was posted on Gnr YouTube channel few minutes ago. And... I don't understand the goal? This is just a playlist/Setlist with audios from the album. What's the interest seriously! 

Mabye just placeholders to test something? I'd take any show from 2006 over NITL to be honest. They sounded fantastic on that tour. Don't see the logic though in posting that now that the band has a totally different lineup, but then again GNR and logic should never be mentioned in the same breath. The one show I'm still looking for in good quality is House of Blues 2001, that was a great and somewhat very emotional performance but all I ever saw of it was a VHS quality copy before they took it down. Houston 2016 would be great too, from what I've seen on YT they were pretty good that night.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

That was Sebastian, Axl and Jon... think they met in a restaurant. Think Sebastian and Jon spoke. I haven't heard the Duff story.

It was Sebastian.... and he Axl and Jon has dinner and went through an obscene amount of wine lolol

• Like 1