Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

58 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I mean, black and white is occasionally, but it's all she uses. I guess it must make Axl's jawline easier to photoshop.

(To be clear - I think Axl looks fine for his age and the constant photoshopping of his chin is laughably obvious and unnecessary).

Monochrome is easier to tinker with, yeah.

• Like 2

Agreed that Kat's b&w photos have run their course (she does this for every damn artist).

I agree that b&w photo's of past artists do capture a certain 'grime-rock' feel.

But her photo's are waaaayyy too clean & smooth to capture this vibe(partially because of the editing).

To achieve that technique you need a good amount of 'noise' in the image along with interesting composition.

Most of her images are boring, the best images from this tour have pretty much all been from behind the scenes (the image of Axl and Slash laughing in the Troubadour is my favourite).

As for the image editing, if they want the band to look good do a planned photoshoot.

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

In my opinion the black and white thing is not good looking today. That's a modern pic of a legendary Band with strong saturation and contrast. ... and not black and white..  i don't understand the b and w thing

100% agree with this. if the b&w enhances an image I'm fine with it.

But that image above looks great with colour.

• Like 1

At least Kat admits she photographs the band these days.

A number of years ago I spent weeks arranging an interview with her for the forum via the then publicist. I sent a small number of fairly tame and flattering questions about her work and her work with GNR - things like 'what is the favourite photo you've taken of Axl and why?'

Every question mentioning GNR or Axl was vetoed and rejected despite knowing it was for a Guns fan forum. I have no idea why? It ended up being a complete non interview with zero mention of Guns and just a brief mention of The Dead Daises. :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2