Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

My sister writes her texts like Axl Rose!

Rose's tweeter replies are always filled with a disproportionate amount of Portuguese speakers haha.

Haha explains it. He now speaks in broken english.

2 hours ago, registra said:

Always presumed it was to condense whatever he's saying to fit into a tweet

Many other celebs can fit things into tweets with no problems. Or even spread their message over another additional tweet if needed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vloors said:

Many other celebs can fit things into tweets with no problems. Or even spread their message over another additional tweet if needed.

He has made tweet threads other times, so he knows how to do it. I think he probably hasn't learned to type fast when he's on his phone and that's why he uses these hard to read abbreviations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Compared to how Cher tweets, Axl isn't that bad. 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He has made tweet threads other times, so he knows how to do it. I think he probably hasn't learned to type fast when he's on his phone and that's why he uses these hard to read abbreviations.

He's just using it for the sake of style. To be different. I don't know, he even specified that Riad would use "'N" instead of the regular "and" on the tracklist. 

I think he uses an anonymous account for his regular Twitter timeline though. How can someone use Twitter for this long while following no one? He just randomly search for the news on the Moments tab? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

He's just using it for the sake of style. To be different. I don't know, he even specified that Riad would use "'N" instead of the regular "and" on the tracklist. 

I think he uses an anonymous account for his regular Twitter timeline though. How can someone use Twitter for this long while following no one? He just randomly search for the news on the Moments tab? 

Yes, the 'n' seems to be a choice for style' sake. He's been using it everywhere, even in the forum chats I think, when he typed longer text. Some other abbreviations as well, like "w/" (with). But the numbers and the "u"/"ur" are maybe a way to type faster and his text messages on the phone probably look like his tweets/

And it's very likely he has an alt account on twitter that he uses to follow people. Maybe the cat account is him, after all :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, the 'n' seems to be a choice for style' sake. He's been using it everywhere, even in the forum chats I think, when he typed longer text. Some other abbreviations as well, like "w/" (with). But the numbers and the "u"/"ur" are maybe a way to type faster and his text messages on the phone probably look like his tweets/

And it's very likely he has an alt account on twitter that he uses to follow people. Maybe the cat account is him, after all :lol:

So that means he def turned off his autocorrection on his iPhone keyboard hahaha.

I think Axl doesn't text much these days, but rather send 7 min audio messages rambling about whatever. Just like my mom. :P

Does the cat account follow anyone from the Democrats party? lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Ive always thought its fernando just typing in a abbreviated way what axl is saying........like shorthand typing.

just checked there out of curiosity, 277/280 characters. Not sure why doesn't do two-part tweets, would make it a bit clearer to read

9 hours ago, EricA said:

idk, if it's something "to be proud of", isn't it common sense for everybody with more than 2 brain cells to stand against racism !?

btw the drawing is made by meegans daughter

Yep you could be right:shrugs:

Gosh great drawing by Meagans daughter.

By the way is it mandatory to be angry when you come on this site,,,I got a right earful earlier due to not having heard of a particular band, made me laugh!

Edited by DurhamGirl

32 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

By the way is it mandatory to be angry when you come on this site,,,I got a right earful earlier due to not having heard of a particular band, made me laugh!

I saw it, how dare are you not to know Blink182:P don't worry about it;)

and btw, i'm not angry!

My answer, has only clarified, that I assume them to be 100% against racism, and therefore there is no need (for me) to be proud of their social media posts.

I am proud of something that turns out to be unexpectedly good, but in this case it is NOT unexpected.
It's absolutely what everyone expected from Slash and everybody else in the band, and hopefully everyone on here (including me) is totally behind that attitude against racism.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Yep you could be right:shrugs:

Gosh great drawing by Meagans daughter.

I feel like I get shit too when I post lol

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

It is a music industry blackout, they are asking all artists to do these things. 

I am gonna use one word to describe  this and move on

Hypocrites(companies and celebrities/politicians)

The end

Now back to regularly scheduled programming 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1