LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Is wanker at it again?

Looks that way, yeah. They're very active at the moment I think- lockdown I think. 

7 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Is wanker at it again?

I don't necessarily think that's him. Plenty of fake accounts trying to scam people for any celebrities.

Whoever's doing that is still a loser, though.

I mean who's trying to scam people using the irresistible bait of 'Tenderness'?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EricA said:

It's all about the vibe 

20200510_162701.jpg.c4fee093ec8c8aa2fb9fe858d4c3ac4c.jpg

Stupid Kat excuse.....;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I mean, black and white is occasionally, but it's all she uses. I guess it must make Axl's jawline easier to photoshop.

(To be clear - I think Axl looks fine for his age and the constant photoshopping of his chin is laughably obvious and unnecessary).

Monochrome is easier to tinker with, yeah.

• Like 2

Agreed that Kat's b&w photos have run their course (she does this for every damn artist).

I agree that b&w photo's of past artists do capture a certain 'grime-rock' feel.

But her photo's are waaaayyy too clean & smooth to capture this vibe(partially because of the editing).

To achieve that technique you need a good amount of 'noise' in the image along with interesting composition.

Most of her images are boring, the best images from this tour have pretty much all been from behind the scenes (the image of Axl and Slash laughing in the Troubadour is my favourite).

As for the image editing, if they want the band to look good do a planned photoshoot.

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

In my opinion the black and white thing is not good looking today. That's a modern pic of a legendary Band with strong saturation and contrast. ... and not black and white..  i don't understand the b and w thing

100% agree with this. if the b&w enhances an image I'm fine with it.

But that image above looks great with colour.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

How is the vibe of rock n roll black n f'n white?

Its like the black n f'n white cookie in Seinfeld. That photo has perfect harmony...  "Look to the cookie and all our problems will be solved"

At least Kat admits she photographs the band these days.

A number of years ago I spent weeks arranging an interview with her for the forum via the then publicist. I sent a small number of fairly tame and flattering questions about her work and her work with GNR - things like 'what is the favourite photo you've taken of Axl and why?'

Every question mentioning GNR or Axl was vetoed and rejected despite knowing it was for a Guns fan forum. I have no idea why? It ended up being a complete non interview with zero mention of Guns and just a brief mention of The Dead Daises. :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

13 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Was kat not allowed to draw with coloured pens as a kid and now doesnt know about different colours than black and f‘n white?

Duff is colorblind so they take the pics in black and white so he won't feel bad.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I get closer to gouging out my eyeballs every time I read the words "GN'R Fam"

compared to the post of the band account there is no "GN'R FAM" in the caption of Duff's post, maybe not admired by some band members too:lol:

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1