Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wow Dizzy shares a Birthday with Sir Paul.

I share one with Joe Walsh and Duane Allman

Think its a Dunlop Tortex heavy. I use the same kind

I share mine with Duff lol

Regarding the band I honestly think there was a plan back in 2016, probably 2-year world tour followed by record.. but Axl happened. His demons and fears seem to hold him back, he regresses into laziness, loses his fitness, stops working on his voice, stops doing anything of meaningful progress. I reckon Sluff are just along for the ride at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Remember Gilby doesn't usually post random GNR related stuff.

don't read too much into it, a gnr fan account posted the pic yesterday on insta, gilby liked it, and afterwards re-posted it, that's it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Remember Gilby doesn't usually post random GNR related stuff.

Dizzy is 100% not getting back into GNR. 1. He brings no financial gain to the perception of the group 2. The band already have a guy in that role that, a lot fans like and Axl and Slash seem to be as high on him as ever. 

The only reasons Gilby gets back on stage with GNR are that he's playing a festival on the same day, or he's in the same town for whatever reason and said he'd check out the show... the only other option would be that GNR wanted to do a one off UYI "reunion" spot within one of their gigs with the current group.

I think Axl likes him, but I don't think he loves his playing vibe... I could be wrongs about that, but reading between the lines in what Axl has said over the years that was the impression I got. Axl seemed to just view him as a utility player, right or wrong!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

maybe for the lauch of the UYI boxset :)

It's a nice idea, but if they didn't bother with the AFD boxset, which is far more popular I just can't see it happening for UYI... although, if it;'s not selling great then it would be a bit of a promotional nudge on blabbermouth, loudwire etc.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Dizzy is 100% not getting back into GNR. 1. He brings no financial gain to the perception of the group 2. The band already have a guy in that role that, a lot fans like and Axl and Slash seem to be as high on him as ever. 

Pardon me if I misunderstand your post, but isn't Dizzy Reed still in GN'R? One of the longest remaining members of the band, aside from Axl of course. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Sure. Wonder if he uses his $99 Amplitube plugin to record his stuff :lol:

That's for when he's recording ideas in the hotel room.

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Pardon me if I misunderstand your post, but isn't Dizzy Reed still in GN'R? One of the longest remaining members of the band, aside from Axl of course. 

I think he meant Gilby.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Gilby sorry! my head is elsewhere! :rofl-lol: Sorry Dizzy!! and on his birthday too! poor guy! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Gilby sorry! my head is elsewhere! :rofl-lol: Sorry Dizzy!! and on his birthday too! poor guy! 

Hahaha no worries, it's a Friday, it's 5:00 somewhere.

At least someone remembered his birthday! 

For a moment I thought you meant Izzy, or Pitman which makes sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Whether it means something or it's random, that poster/litho Gilby posted is horrendous.

That is an old 90’s poster. I had it as a child and it is the only artistic representation of Gilby in the band.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would love to see Gilby back in the mix. Slash and Gilby always played great together.

Gilby views himself as lead guitar player. Slash is also on record of saying Gilby didn’t fit his style. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Whether it means something or it's random, that poster/litho Gilby posted is horrendous.

It was a UYI tour t-shirt on one of the last legs as well.

10 hours ago, EricA said:

don't read too much into it, a gnr fan account posted the pic yesterday on insta, gilby liked it, and afterwards re-posted it, that's it.

I’d welcome Gilby back in a heartbeat. Always liked him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That is an old 90’s poster. I had it as a child and it is the only artistic representation of Gilby in the band.

7 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

It was a UYI tour t-shirt on one of the last legs as well.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I still find it horrible, though :lol:

13 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Slash is also on record of saying Gilby didn’t fit his style.

When did he say that?

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would love to see Gilby back in the mix. Slash and Gilby always played great together.

Same, that would sound amazing.

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

I met Gilby a couple of years ago. He was/is a lovely fellow!

I've met him too and seen him perform a few times. Very down to earth, humble guy. The first time I saw him play was at NAMM a few years ago and I was sitting next to his daughter Frankie and Billy Duffy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Gilby views himself as lead guitar player. Slash is also on record of saying Gilby didn’t fit his style. 

It is quite apparent Gilby didn't act as a lead guitar player in Guns.. He played his role perfectly.. As well as in Snakepit and he also let Slash play lead on two songs from PAwnshop Guitar. Also have never heard Slash say anything negative.. Fortus is the one who wants to be a lead player. Constantly overdoing it. Watch the Rocket Queen from down load and his solo still doesn't fit the song at all. Then hoe the hell is Slash supposed to solo tastefully over whatever the hell he is doing in the background during Slash's solo? Less is more when being a rhythm guitarist unless you can tasfeful intertwine.. He can't..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

When did he say that?

I've met him too and seen him perform a few times. Very down to earth, humble guy. The first time I saw him play was at NAMM a few years ago and I was sitting next to his daughter Frankie and Billy Duffy.

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

When did he say that?

Slash said that during the initial release of Contraband. He said that Dave Kishner was the first guitar player to truly compliment his style since Izzy and that Gilby was “too conscious” of Slash’s playing to be a good fit.