Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I have to disagree -- it's clearly Axl writing the Tweets, as he's using his unique style of writing (and abbreviations -- some of them may be 'texting' lingo, but a lot of them -- like writing "n'" rather than "and" -- are old Axlisms).

I disagree. The style and text is totally different from anything he's ever written either in a press statement or even when he posted here on the forum. The twitter is written in teen slang.

Regardless, I hope he (or whoever the person is that writes the tweets) will correct any misinterpretations people are having about his latest tweet.

Those are press statements and posts on a forum... This is twitter.

Not only is he doing it with a cellphone, but there is also a limit to how much you can get. And he probably tries to do them fast and is used to texting as it is, so why change his style just for twitter updates?

It's Axl.

I have to disagree -- it's clearly Axl writing the Tweets, as he's using his unique style of writing (and abbreviations -- some of them may be 'texting' lingo, but a lot of them -- like writing "n'" rather than "and" -- are old Axlisms).

I disagree. The style and text is totally different from anything he's ever written either in a press statement or even when he posted here on the forum. The twitter is written in teen slang.

Regardless, I hope he (or whoever the person is that writes the tweets) will correct any misinterpretations people are having about his latest tweet.

Go back and read the messages in the chats last year, he does. Obviously not in press statements, no one releases those using "2" instead of "to" but he did it quite often during the chats on here and on the other boards, also it's twitter, it's supposed to be abbreviated.

Yep I agree its him. I'm in Axl's age bracket and I use the abbreviated "teen slang" while I'm texting and tweeting

I haven't been following this thread closer nor the thread about last night's concert, but from what I gather Axl's twitter is where that backstage photo first surfaced. Wouldn't that be a good indicator that it's really him, or at the very least, someone quite close to the band? I believe it's him. The fact that he's writing with a lot of slang can easily be summed it into what others have already said: it's Twitter and he's updating from a cellphone.

Remember Axl's "Just the tip of the iceberg..." topic from here on the forum?

Try typing that out with a cellphone and tell me how it goes. Slang would be a necessity.

Who knows, I just have a hard time Axl would be cool with anyone speaking for him, especially considering what transpired a month ago concerning the first press release about the airport incident.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Axl vs Slash on Twitter?

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose and ex-Guns guitarist Slash got into a war of words on Twitter this week, according to Blabbermouth.net. Slash tweeted on Wednesday (January 13th) that he was "looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti," referring to the deadly earthquake that devastated the island nation and killed tens of thousands on Tuesday (January 12th). But Axl later shot back, "Pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people."

There's no indication that Slash said anything about a Guns N' Roses reunion in relation to raising money for the Haitian crisis.

Axl vs Slash on Twitter?

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose and ex-Guns guitarist Slash got into a war of words on Twitter this week, according to Blabbermouth.net. Slash tweeted on Wednesday (January 13th) that he was "looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti," referring to the deadly earthquake that devastated the island nation and killed tens of thousands on Tuesday (January 12th). But Axl later shot back, "Pretty low n' selfish usin' the devastation in Haiti 2 start (false) reunion rumors. R hearts n' prayers go out to the Haitian people."

There's no indication that Slash said anything about a Guns N' Roses reunion in relation to raising money for the Haitian crisis.

No, but some people/fans think about a reunion when Slash writes something like that. Guns N' Roses reunion -> big fund raiser concert = $$$$$$$$$$$

From Fernando at htgth:

Axl's twit's was not directed at anyone in particular; we were just advised that there were talks in a GNR reunion in order to raise money for the cause, which we kindly responded to such.

People will try to find connection, when there are none to be found. Every now and then, we get the rumor in it's growing stage and I am just glad we can kill it, before it spreads.

From Fernando at htgth:

Axl's twit's was not directed at anyone in particular; we were just advised that there were talks in a GNR reunion in order to raise money for the cause, which we kindly responded to such.

People will try to find connection, when there are none to be found. Every now and then, we get the rumor in it's growing stage and I am just glad we can kill it, before it spreads.

Glad that was cleared up, just looks like it was a case of bad timing.

From Fernando at htgth:

Like a... cancer?

From Fernando at htgth:

Like a... cancer?

:rofl-lol:

Well done.

From Fernando at htgth:

Like a... cancer?

:lol::lol:

From Fernando at htgth:

A reunion of one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever avoided again? Phew, thank goodness for that. I think we can all be glad that's not true. <_<

From Fernando at htgth:

Like a... cancer?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Even though a reunion could help millions in need right? I guess that is selfish of us.

No he's saying its selfish for people to only think of how this tragedy can work in their favor. Same as when people ask if GNR will reunite for someone's funeral.

Even though a reunion could help millions in need right? I guess that is selfish of us.

No he's saying its selfish for people to only think of how this tragedy can work in their favor. Same as when people ask if GNR will reunite for someone's funeral.

...because that is a request often made

well, who is he implying is trying to work this tragedy in their favor? you don't just say that if anyone isnt doing it... who are the big names out there working for haiti? wycelf? he's haitian and has been helping the country ever since he had money, george clooney? like he needs to be any more famous.

A bit more clarity would be nice is all. Gnr fans have been molded into being serious skeptics when it comes to axl and slash's relationship.