Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

his really trying to connect with the fans which is good :thumbsup:

It does seem that way, which is awesome. For the longest time i remember people saying "Axl doesn't care about the fans" but in reality i think he does, more so than most. Who else would stop a song because a fan was getting beaten up by security just for having a little fun? I've seen Axl shake hands with the audience whilst singing, most other artists wouldn't do that in fear of being pulled into the crowd. Who else would come onto our forum and answer our questions(for free), when he could've gotten paid big $ to do so by Rolling Stone or some other magazine. I know he has walked out of shows and stuff like that but i think the good outweighs the bad, my opinion. He really does seem happy these days :)

I completely agree with you. But you know, in the downtimes of GnR, nobody seems to remember these things. So we have to reinforce it now so that people bitch a little less later. Axl is one cool guy, he's very caring indeed.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/18h81

On Monday 14th December 2009, @axlrose said:

Seoul, S. Korea!! Fantastic energy w/the fans! They really took over KOHD. Hearing'em singing along w/Better was a surprise! It was fun playin' Sorry live n' my bad not goin' longer. A few mixups n' gear needed 2 ship but it feels good sortin' out the sheeot. It's such a different animal in the heat of the moment n' gettin' into our reformulated chemistry! 1st indoor gig w/new staging! R in-ear mix was like listenin' to an old AM transistor radio somewhere between bein' in a barrel of toxic waste at the bottom of the ocean or while takin' a "dump" in a tin shitter while a pack of Zombies r beatin' on it with iron pipes! Ha!! Soon as we can stop ingesting this Korean BBQ (Shoutout 2 the 2Jens!!) it's on to Osaka, JP where we got r own brand of KamiKaze 2 unleash!!

Just read that also - made me do a big LOL in work. I thought it may be a PR doing the updates as is the case with lots of celebs but this seems tobe the real deal.

Actually, I had the opposite view. I think this looks like it was written by somebody else for him.

It has way too much "teen" slang - like sortin' and bein' and goin'- to sound like him. jmo.

I can certainly understand why he might have somebody else writing this stuff. But whoever it is - I think they should write the way he does.

Would not shock me if it was him, when he posted on here he didn't exactly stick to the laws of english, plus I don't think he would let someone else speak for him unless it was dictated.

Plus there is always the twitter word limit to worry about, isn't it about 400 characters?

Edited by plonker88

Seoul, S. Korea!! Fantastic energy w/the fans! They really took over KOHD. Hearing'em singing along w/Better was a surprise! It was fun playin' Sorry live n' my bad not goin' longer. A few mixups n' gear needed 2 ship but it feels good sortin' out the sheeot. It's such a different animal in the heat of the moment n' gettin' into our reformulated chemistry! 1st indoor gig w/new staging! R in-ear mix was like listenin' to an old AM transistor radio somewhere between bein' in a barrel of toxic waste at the bottom of the ocean or while takin' a "dump" in a tin shitter while a pack of Zombies r beatin' on it with iron pipes! Ha!! Soon as we can stop ingesting this Korean BBQ (Shoutout 2 the 2Jens!!) it's on to Osaka, JP where we got r own brand of KamiKaze 2 unleash!!

Just read that also - made me do a big LOL in work. I thought it may be a PR doing the updates as is the case with lots of celebs but this seems tobe the real deal.

Actually, I had the opposite view. I think this looks like it was written by somebody else for him.

It has way too much "teen" slang - like sortin' and bein' and goin'- to sound like him. jmo.

I can certainly understand why he might have somebody else writing this stuff. But whoever it is - I think they should write the way he does.

its totally Axl doing it,. You can tell, its his style of humor.

Twitters are updated from people's phones usually so its just text slang. you dont spell everythin out.

And have you read Axl's lyrics, sortin' and bein' and stuff like that is how he writes his lyrics too.

its totally Axl doing it,. You can tell, its his style of humor.

Twitters are updated from people's phones usually so its just text slang. you dont spell everythin out.

And have you read Axl's lyrics, sortin' and bein' and stuff like that is how he writes his lyrics too.

Reads like him to me as well, but now I'm getting ...

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/axlrose", is invalid.

Reference #9.1dab1160.1260808602.7424e39

Might be high traffic though.

i just wish axl didn't type like a 12 year old girl...

Exactly. I'm glad somebody else noticed.

Would not shock me if it was him, when he posted on here he didn't exactly stick to the laws of english, plus I don't think he would let someone else speak for him unless it was dictated.

Plus there is always the twitter word limit to worry about, isn't it about 400 characters?

Well, writing the word "sorting" and "sortin' " takes the same number of characters, so that isn't it.

And when Axl came here to chat on the forum - and whenever he writes his press statements - he writes like an adult, not like a teen.

So, I don't think he wrote the message today. But hey, I'm glad he's trying to keep fans updated.

i just wish axl didn't type like a 12 year old girl...

Exactly. I'm glad somebody else noticed.

Well, writing the word "sorting" and "sortin' " takes the same number of characters, so that isn't it.

And when Axl came here to chat on the forum - and whenever he writes his press statements - he writes like an adult, not like a teen.

So, I don't think he wrote the message today. But hey, I'm glad he's trying to keep fans updated.

Didn't Merck write his press statements?

Anyway, stop being so paranoia (as you are lately) and try to enjoy the ride now that things finally are on the move.

Anyone who follows Twitter knows that many people who write tweets do not take the time out to use proper grammar. They write the way people often do in texts. I don't think that reason is one to suspect that it isn't Axl himself writing the tweets.

Ali

Edited by Ali

His answers on the fan board interviews last year contained a lot of "2", "rt" and "U" instead of "to", "right" and "you".

I'm pretty sure this is Axl himself writing.

Agreed. Axl didn't type like that in any of the chats he did here....

it is a naive way to write.. but that's actually how I've seen him type a lot, except his official letters to fans and things that need to be extremely well thought-out, but when he was answering casually, jokingly some of the questions on the board he typed just like that. And when people (Baz) talk about text messages they get from him it sounds like he types this way there too.. don't have any source for my latter comment since it's just an expression I seem to get when Bach is talking about it, so no, I haven't seen the actual messages.

but I'm damn sure this is him and yes, it is as if it's a 12 year old girl typing but it's Axl for sure

it is a naive way to write.. but that's actually how I've seen him type a lot, except his official letters to fans and things that need to be extremely well thought-out, but when he was answering casually, jokingly some of the questions on the board he typed just like that. And when people (Baz) talk about text messages they get from him it sounds like he types this way there too.. don't have any source for my latter comment since it's just an expression I seem to get when Bach is talking about it, so no, I haven't seen the actual messages.

but I'm damn sure this is him and yes, it is as if it's a 12 year old girl typing but it's Axl for sure

It is Axl writing. Just compare it to this old spray painting of his

axlgraffiti.JPG

axlgraffiti.JPG

What is that?

Guest Sweet Tooth

axlgraffiti.JPG

What is that?

That is what Axl left Erin Everly after they broke up.

axlgraffiti.JPG

What is that?

How do we know this was him and which break up?

Edited by PTZ

axlgraffiti.JPG

What is that?

How do we know this was him and which break up?

Because it was the house they owned and it was the last time they broke up.