Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Does anyone else look at Slashes social media thingie and think he's a bit of a pranny?  Posting pictures of birds with their tits out all the time, come on man, you're fuckin' pushing 60, it's like you never seen a pair of tits before.  I mean each to his own and everything, i love a pair of tits as much as the next man but have a bit of dignity eh son?  Skulls and tits and zombies ad infinitum, honestly!

Slash is 50. That's pushing 60?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

That bit there. It does seem very true. :lol:

Do you seriously consider it right that he hasn't done any of the things I mentioned above to promote a Guns N'Roses tour that he charges hundreds of dollars for one ticket? That he hasn't made the slightest effort to go out to the fans regarding that? But at the same time it is no problem at all for him to make all that effort for a band that he makes a guest spot in?

If you consider it normal and right then there must be someting seriously wrong with your logic. Because so far his behavior regarding this reunion tour is one of the most vivid examples of how he shits on his fans and his band members all along just as he has done for the last 23 years while exactly knowing and being perfectly able to act respectfully when it comes to the fans and members of AC/DC.

And to James Bond - yeah, maybe he does it because he has to but in that case it was his obligation to do the same for the GNR fans. While not doing it at all could pass somehow, doing it all for AC/DC and nothing for the Guns fans is not acceptable. There's a distinction being made here that shouldn't be made because it gets really disrespectful at this point.

Edited by Asia

20 minutes ago, Asia said:

It's incredible how some people have gotten stubborn beyond reason to see how great Axl/DC is for GNR and refuse even to notice the obvious: that Axl didn't bother to make one photo, not to mention a photoshoot, with the reunited band before or during the tour, that he didn't bother to sit down with Slash in front of the camera to say even one sentence, that he never bothered to speak even once about how excited he was to be doing the GNR reunion gigs - NOTHING!!!! He never even made one proper tweet about this. Not when it was announced, not right before these shows happened, not while they were happening and not once after. But as soon as he got with AC/DC he is suddenly all over the place and getting photographed with Angus.

What band are you people fans of? Because if by chance this band is GNR then let me tell you something - your beloved singer has just given you a clear sign that he doesn't give a shit about the band that you just spent your thousands of dollars to see and he makes sure he'll show it as ostensibly as he can.

We're in the middle of the first Guns tour in 23 years and we don't even know if it is permanent, if there are any plans for music being released or if it's just a one-off, we don't know if Axl is happy about it or not, if he has any serious plans... Nothing. Who cares about GNR fans and getting photographed with Slash and Duff is obviously not worth his precious time.

Get over yourself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Do you seriously consider it right that he hasn't done any of the things I mentioned above to promote a Guns N'Roses tour that he charges hundreds of dollars for one ticket? That he hasn't made the slightest effort to go out to the fans regarding that? But at the same time it is no problem at all for him to make all that effort for a band that he makes a guest spot in?

If you consider it normal and right then there must be someting seriously wrong with your logic. Because so far this reunion tour is one of the most vivid examples of how he shits on his fans and his band band members all along just as he has done for the last 23 years while exactly knowing and being perfectly able to act respectfully when it comes to the fans and members of AC/DC.

And to James Bond - yeah, maybe he does it because he has to but in that case it was his obligation to do the same for the GNR fans. While not doing it at all could pass somehow, doing it all for AC/DC and nothing for the Guns fans is not acceptable. There's a distinction being made here that shouldn't be made because it gets really disrespectful at this point.

Like I said...get over yourself.  If it's such an issue for you, don't be a fan of the band, or Axl.  It is really that simple.  But you need to check the entitlement at the door.  You have a right to your opinion, I understand.  You also aren't the only one whining about terribly un-important things like this.  But seriously if this is how you really feel, why be a fan of the band then?    I thought it was about the music, guess you feel differently?

Edited by tsinindy

Mystery is how GNR operates, and it's worked so far. Just think of all the frustration leading up to April 1st, and then everything was thrown at us at once. I fully expect to be waiting for any other future developments, but that just comes with being a fan. Geesh I waited long enough for CD, let alone this tour. Everything will work out in the end. 

AC/DC is a well oiled machine going through somewhat of a pr crisis despite how Axl sounds, and they need to do promotion. Guns are being viewed positively in the press and selling out stadiums throughout the country. Different beasts here. Im sure they'll promote when/if they need to. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Because there is a distinction. These are two different bands that operate quite differently. Do you also find it disrespectful of Slash and Duff to not do any promo either? They can't be excluded from this because they are just as guilty as Axl. I'm not saying it's right that they haven't don't any promo or that I agree with it, but it is what it is. I'm not going to fly off the handle because Axl is doing it with AC/DC because they are two different situations.

It's still kind of frustrating though... Regardless of how cool Vegas was its kind of bull that they do no promotion for GNR. 

46 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Like I said...get over yourself.  If it's such an issue for you, don't be a fan of the band, or Axl.  It is really that simple.  But you need to check the entitlement at the door.  You have a right to your opinion, I understand.  You also aren't the only one whining about terribly un-important things like this.  But seriously if this is how you really feel, why be a fan of the band then?    I thought it was about the music, guess you feel differently?

if you honestly believe the way GNR have been doing things is acceptable then maybe you need to get over yourself. Because like it or not, fact is, it is NOT acceptable

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

if you honestly believe the way GNR have been doing things is acceptable then maybe you need to get over yourself. Because like it or not, fact is, it is NOT acceptable

It actually is...they don't owe you or anyone a god damn thing.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What's not acceptable about it?

They are on the road, playing shows! that's ALL you actually NEED TO KNOW. You don't need to know who is or isn't a full member. You don't need to know how much money is going to who. You don't need to know how, or why it came together and finally, while it would be interesting to us all, we don't need to know when or if they are going to release new music. 

All that info would be really interesting to hear, but they really don't have to be forthcoming with any of that stuff until they decide otherwise.

Needs and wants.

That's like saying my wife went out at night without telling me, but I'm just glad she came home at some point. I'm a fan, I want to know if there will be new music, and I want to know how/why Slash is back with Duff. I want to know who is a member and I want to know who isn't. I feel like every other band I follow I know those answers, but for GNR I don't. Yet, GNR still is my favorite ever.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Uh, I find it acceptable. I mean, do I like it it? No, not necessarily, but they don't owe me an explanation or anything else for being a fan. It's their band, their business and they can choose how to run it. If I don't like the way they operate to an extent that it becomes a major problem for me then I am more then welcome to cease being a fan, and no longer use any of my income to their betterment. You may not like this, but your not an "insider", you have no stake in what they do, and your relationship with the band amounts to nothing more then a business transaction--no more, no less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

That's like saying my wife went out at night without telling me, but I'm just glad she came home at some point. I'm a fan, I want to know if there will be new music, and I want to know how/why Slash is back with Duff. I want to know who is a member and I want to know who isn't. I feel like every other band I follow I know those answers, but for GNR I don't. Yet, GNR still is my favorite ever.

That's not like that at all. Hahaha whaaaaaat? Your bound to your wife both legally and morally. That's a lot different than being a fan of a band that you hope to hear information from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asia said:

This exactly! I mean, I really don't fucking get it... Was being filmed with Slash and saying three sentences below his dignity or what? I mean how many of his most faithful fans waited decades to see something like that.  I thought he didn't do that because of the media but apparently not since the media don't bother him anymore with AC/DC...

I would say that Axl and Slash rocking out on stage is 1000 times more important and a treat to the fans than the two guys sitting down together and saying a few words. That's just me though. 

I supoose fans have different priorities tho in terms of what they expect from a band. For me, the music is what's important. More so than seeing the boys chilling offstage. 

41 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It actually is...they don't owe you or anyone a god damn thing.  

Yeah ok axl. Love that mature approach I really missed it from this "band"

Edited by Billsfan

It's damn annoying though...

I want to know if/when they're hitting Europe. And seriously, as long as everyone is keeping their mouth shut I still have this awkward feeling they're just doing it for the cash. 

Jeez, even Slash (who's normally doing a shitload of interviews) is silent... 

That just sucks.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What's not acceptable about it?

They are on the road, playing shows! that's ALL you actually NEED TO KNOW. You don't need to know who is or isn't a full member. You don't need to know how much money is going to who. You don't need to know how, or why it came together and finally, while it would be interesting to us all, we don't need to know when or if they are going to release new music. 

All that info would be really interesting to hear, but they really don't have to be forthcoming with any of that stuff until they decide otherwise.

Needs and wants.

Maybe they don't have to but they should. 3 months ago you and half these peeps liking all the same comments would have absolutely disagreed. The band sounding ok in Vegas doesn't change that. I guess we all just happened to forget so yeah it's sooooo cool of them to keep their fans in the dark

8 minutes ago, Sprite said:

That's not like that at all. Hahaha whaaaaaat? Your bound to your wife both legally and morally. That's a lot different than being a fan of a band that you hope to hear information from. 

A band that SHOULD share the information. But yeah they're so cool because axl got his voice in the shape that he should have so yeah who cares about getting new music or even finding out if it's the cards.. It may not be owed but it still doesn't make it right to keep people in the dark. 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Maybe they don't have to but they should. 3 months ago you and half these peeps liking all the same comments would have absolutely disagreed. The band sounding ok in Vegas doesn't change that. I guess we all just happened to forget so yeah it's sooooo cool of them to keep their fans in the dark

Then don't be a fan of its "not acceptable" to you dude.  It's their life, not yours.