Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I understand it's a timeline leading to NITL but the video implies Axl, Duff and Slash started GnR, with total disregard for Steven and Izzy. I just find it rude, with a little consideration it wouldn't need to be and could still get the message across,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I understand it's a timeline leading to NITL but the video implies Axl, Duff and Slash started GnR, with total disregard for Steven and Izzy. I just find it rude, with a little consideration it wouldn't need to be and could still get the message across,

Which is funny cause neither Slash nor Duff started GnR. :lol: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beautifulanddamned said:

It's not a video about the history of GNR. Just Axl, Slash and Duff's history in the band. It would be different if even Fortus and Frank were mentioned, but they weren't because it's not about any other members. The worst thing you can say about it is that it's slightly tone deaf coming at the start of a summer where fans are looking forward to some celebration of the anniversary of AFD, and the acknowledgement of the AFD5.  

I agree with this.

Also why are people getting so bent out of shape over this? It's just a dumb little promo video, probably made by some bored intern at Live Nation who couldn't care less about GNR.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

GN'R was supposed to be a record label in the very beginning, wasn't it? Tracii said something like that in the past.

Never heard of that. Marc Canter here said they started as a side project. So Axl and Tracii could play together in a band that it wasn't L.A. Guns nor Hollywood Rose

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

Never heard of that. Marc Canter here said they started as a side project. So Axl and Tracii could play together in a band that it wasn't L.A. Guns nor Hollywood Rose

"We had a singer (Mike Jagosz) that our manager didn't like, so we fired him. So then I asked Axl to join L.A. Guns and he was in the band for about six, seven months. The same manager ended up hating Axl and he wanted to fire him. We're all living together at this point and Axl and I sat down and went 'What are we going to do?' So we both said 'Fuck that', and came up with the name Guns N' Roses, which was going to be just a record label that we'd put singles out on."
 http://thequietus.com/articles/04450-dr-rock-tracii-guns-interview-la-guns-nikki-sixx-poison-guns-n-roses

13 minutes ago, Sosso said:

"We had a singer (Mike Jagosz) that our manager didn't like, so we fired him. So then I asked Axl to join L.A. Guns and he was in the band for about six, seven months. The same manager ended up hating Axl and he wanted to fire him. We're all living together at this point and Axl and I sat down and went 'What are we going to do?' So we both said 'Fuck that', and came up with the name Guns N' Roses, which was going to be just a record label that we'd put singles out on."
 http://thequietus.com/articles/04450-dr-rock-tracii-guns-interview-la-guns-nikki-sixx-poison-guns-n-roses

Funny cause Axl said if they were smarter they would have just started their own record label and done everything themselves in his last interview 

26:20

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Tracii says there that the record level idea lasted 10 minutes, meaning it was something that came up. But it didn't really mean much.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Frey said:

I agree with this.

Also why are people getting so bent out of shape over this? It's just a dumb little promo video, probably made by some bored intern at Live Nation who couldn't care less about GNR.

Agree. People need to chill the fuck out

I like there vídeo. And i totally get it.  Obviusly its focused on the current big members. Since neither izzy, or sorum or adler arent there, i dont see why they have to put them there.

On the other hand..  We have right here an undisputable proove of how ridiculously unfear is some people with axl on this forum. ... Let me explain myself:

So .. On that little promo vídeo they pretty much kicked a side the whole CD 2000-2014 era. 

And most people here said nothing. Some barely said something here and there but thats it.

What an enormes gesture from axls,( we all know the work, fight, suffering, time, etc etc that it took CD for the red head. .. And yet they just name it like some little whatever stuff ) 

What if things would have been diferent?? What if they would have gave a looong space for cd era, cd members, etc..??  I think we all agree that by now the forum would be colapsed of people insulting and craping all over axls guts.

But, since some of u just have to complain about stuff (just because....// kinda like that grandpha simpson yells to a cloud))., know u're bitching cause they dont mentioned FORMER members that actually ARENT WITH THE BAND RIGHT NOW.

I repeat. I love the vídeo., i love this band with my skin, my bones and my blood. 

Cant wait for this super extra historicly succesfull tour to continues on a few days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

GNR twitter just posted a link about Nightrain either giving free tickets or upgrading the existing ones for European dates... 

Lol I dont have Nightrain account...damn

Someone fill in for me...?:lol:

It's just them saying to join Nightrain to enter a contest to win tickets for the Europe tour. I got an email about it also.

9 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's just them saying to join Nightrain to enter a contest to win tickets for the Europe tour. I got an email about it also.

No, actually the first guy was right, they're doing exactly what he said. 

Ive already entered for both London shows I'm going to

If you cannot see what the problem is with having three/five members begin Guns N' Roses, the other two (including one genuine founder) airbrushed out, then I cannot help you lot. Sloshy and Duffy both depart the band so there clearly exists a method, a will and a means to depict band members departing in this thoroughly fictitious rendering of real events; why not simply have Stradlin and Adler depart '1990-1' - it would add all but 0.5 seconds to the clip?

• Like 3