Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

So I was just reading some of the comments and someone said something like "hey Melissa,  you have on your IG Guns and Roses, it's Guns N Roses." She was like "oooooo good find. TY" How do you not know that??!!!!! :facepalm:

Just did the same and I found this  when someone asked her what exactly her role in the band...

elaremicAnd also I am just interested (not in a bad way I totally support you and ur awesome ❤❤❤) but I am just making sure that I understand your part in GnR... so you make the special sound effects and so on??

Melissa: "I do many many many things 😝.... Sfx, synths / pads, samples, keys, orchestration, and of course sing background vocals 🤗.... What I do 80% of the time isn’t meant to be “featured” or stick out like a sore thumb - it’s to reinforce parts (by thickening with a different sound, playing in a diff octave etc.) or fill frequencies that are missing sonically but that need to be present for things so they translate better during the live show.... Sometimes even just reinforcing pitch/key is needed while everyone else plays parts that are present on the records... Other times, things I play *are* featured, u just might not know it’s me playing them 🤗 - like the moog lead line in Paradise, or the orchestration on This I love, Prostitute and Madagascar, or some of the guitar on Chi Dem (the list goes on).... Then I of course sing tons of BGs to support Axl’s vocal slaying 🔥⚡️🔥... Hope that gives some insight, and TY soooo much for ur kind words and support ❤️❤️❤️"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Some of the guitars on CD? 

There’s a good dozen layers of guitar tracks on that song and I’d imagine what she means by that is that she replicates one of the more prominent tracks with a beefy guitar esque keyboard tone to fill out the sound of that song.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

There’s a good dozen layers of guitar tracks on that song and I’d imagine what she means by that is that she replicates one of the more prominent tracks with a beefy guitar esque keyboard tone to fill out the sound of that song.

It's like the least rock n roll job description ever. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Derick said:

I believe this is much more Rock N 'Roll than standing behind a PC crying, mumbling and looking for a way to make drama. Sorry, I could not resist. :lol:

Let’s talk about Rock N’ Roll... :headbang:

Ok "Derick", least rock n roll name ever... 😂

54 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Of course! There’s no Rock N’ Roll over here..I’m just a little kid pointing fingers to someone else Rock N’ Ciber Roll lifestyle..You’re right mate. :shrugs:

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Probably because of the lack of a third guitarist. I wonder if she does something similar at other songs (Double Talkin' Jive, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, The Seeker, etc.).

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Confession: I've been dying to know for ages - and now the talk has turned to usernames - is your username based on the Aussie band?  This is directed at @Powderfinger - not @Derick ^_^

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Haha 1

You have to keep in mind that Axl was more comfortable with a three guitar player band since the early 2000's. The second keyboardist is there to emulate that on at least some of the songs since GN'R is a two guitar player band again

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wish Axl would just do more acoustic shows 

That’s what everyone thinks. But when we would actually get a show like that you’d be able to hear Axl’s voice and issues with it magnified by 10 and the forum would be upset and considering it on the likes of Bridge School :shrugs:

26 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That’s what everyone thinks. But when we would actually get a show like that you’d be able to hear Axl’s voice and issues with it magnified by 10 and the forum would be upset and considering it on the likes of Bridge School :shrugs:

I agree with you, but they could make a set that does not require too much vocal effort from Axl ... Mr. Brownstone, UTLH,You´re Crazy, Don't Cry, Patience, You Ain't The First, Wichita, etc .. Besides that they can do a good backin´vocals job w Duff n Melissa..A set w 6 or 7 acoustic songs would be cool.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Agree with you.  I'm afraid that ship has sailed.  Axl's voice is not acoustic friendly at this stage of his life.  He'll be lucky if his vocals are ready for, and can survive, the next tour.  I think he'll be fine for studio work though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Confession: I've been dying to know for ages - and now the talk has turned to usernames - is your username based on the Aussie band?  This is directed at @Powderfinger - not @Derick ^_^

No it's from the Neil Young song, I wonder if that's where that band you mentioned for the name from? 

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

No it's from the Neil Young song, I wonder if that's where that band you mentioned for the name from? 

Ah, ok.  I had no idea about the Neil Young song (not familiar enough) but I did look it up and you're right, the band chose their name based on the song by Neil Young.  I'm going to have to check it out now!  Seems I'm missing out on something. ;)  Powderfinger were an awesome band back in the day.

21 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Agree with you.  I'm afraid that ship has sailed.  Axl's voice is not acoustic friendly at this stage of his life.  He'll be lucky if his vocals are ready for, and can survive, the next tour.  I think he'll be fine for studio work though.

I suppose we can only go on the last known time he did an acoustic friendly gig and that was the Rose Bar sessions where he sounded pretty decent to me...

https://youtu.be/Lb53B2aWnzM