Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Got an email from GNR store.

They have on pre-order a new GNR leather jacket with the skull heads on the back with the dates 1987 2017.

The cost is: $1550.00  Damn I wish I had enough credit to order one. It's so unique and you know it'll look damn good.

Credit???? Oh you mean, MONEY.

Fuck me, I forgot. Welcome to the age of debt. Kinda like the Jungle.

Gonna end well? Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lio said:

Beside the fact that it's disrespectful to call Beta Axl's maid, Fernando happens to be the manager of the band, like it or not. When he was teasing us (very annoyingly!) with: 'If only you knew what I know...', he was talking about the (partial) reunion, he also told a fan there would be more touring before the European tour was announced. If he is talking about GNR and not his personal life, I'm sure something exciting is being planned.

I'm not letting myself get carried away, but I'd put more stock in Fernando saying 2018 will be big than in Fortus or anyone other than the big 3 saying whatever.

And I was that fan... was told the exact months of the japan, Aus, UK and full European tours when I met him after an Axl/DC concert so to say he's a reliable source is an understatement to be fair, despite their posse being a bunch of yes-men

On 12/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, Lio said:

Beside the fact that it's disrespectful to call Beta Axl's maid, Fernando happens to be the manager of the band, like it or not. When he was teasing us (very annoyingly!) with: 'If only you knew what I know...', he was talking about the (partial) reunion, he also told a fan there would be more touring before the European tour was announced. If he is talking about GNR and not his personal life, I'm sure something exciting is being planned.

I'm not letting myself get carried away, but I'd put more stock in Fernando saying 2018 will be big than in Fortus or anyone other than the big 3 saying whatever.

I wanted to address this because I think my original post was actually stupid. I am brave enough to admit when I make a dumb post. I’m not perfect and over me posting 1,000+ times here there not going to always be good.

To rephrase my original post:

I do hope we get Guns information and releases but my hope for this band has been waning for years. I feel like Fernando is just hyping us up with “PR speak” and that there won’t be anything too drastically different next year besides more tour dates being added.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wanted to address this because I think my original post was actually stupid. I am brave enough to admit when I make a dumb post. I’m not perfect and over me posting 1,000+ times here there not going to always be good.

To rephrase my original post:

I do hope we get Guns information and releases but my hope for this band has been waning for years. I feel like Fernando is just hyping us up with “PR speak” and that there won’t be anything too drastically different next year besides more tour dates being added.

Could be "PR speak" but of all the years of hype it feels like this upcoming one will be different, at least imo. ✌ Things are lining up well, circumstances are different, the possibilities are endless. 🎶🎸😊  

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

17 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

And if that's what the band's wants to do then that's up to them.

Why do some fans feel like the band needs to please and do what they (the fans)  want?, when they want it and how they want it basically telling the band and management how to run their business etc.

The facts are in plan sight and some do not want or choose to ignore them.

Fact: 2 people have put their past issues behind them and have moved on 

Fact: A reunion of  3 members of the original band has taken place

Fact: These 3 people and other people have toured the world successfully becoming the biggest touring act of 2017

Fact: The reunion and tour has been managed very will and successfully by them Brazil.

Fact: From the outside as a fan the people within the band and management team seem happy as individuals and as a traveling close group of people.

Why would the band and the management change something that is clearly working and is successful as the people involved seem happy and the outcome is allowing these people provide for their families and thier futures.

Some fans miss the point in all this.

It would have taken alot of  personal courage for 2 people to put that past to bed with all the baggage that come with that past for what ever reasons and to move on.

Axl and Slash look at piece with the outcome.

And wtf does this mean? That we should be grateful for the "reunion"? Oh cmon, It was way more interesting when we had Slash, Loaded, The Dead Daisies (with Fortus, after he left it turned into generic 80s metal) and the prospect of CDII than this shitty nostalgia act with 0 prospect of new material. So-fuckin-bored.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, default_ said:

And wtf does this mean? That we should be grateful for the "reunion"? Oh cmon, It was way more interesting when we had Slash, Loaded, The Dead Daisies (with Fortus, after he left it turned into generic 80s metal) and the prospect of CDII than this shitty nostalgia act with 0 prospect of new material. So-fuckin-bored.

Not that I disagree, but the band doesn't owe us anything, whatever they do is up to us to either follow them or not, I agree considering the last time I was truly excited about the band was 2014 when there still seemed to be some hope for a future record, that things have gotten more than a little boring, but it's not like this is the only band in the world. There are plenty of other acts to follow and listen while we wait for GN'R to do something (that is if they ever do) 

• GNFNR 1

On 12/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, AlterL said:

Not that I disagree, but the band doesn't owe us anything, whatever they do is up to us to either follow them or not, I agree considering the last time I was truly excited about the band was 2014 when there still seemed to be some hope for a future record, that things have gotten more than a little boring, but it's not like this is the only band in the world. There are plenty of other acts to follow and listen while we wait for GN'R to do something (that is if they ever do) 

To me it seemed like the bumble/dj lineup submitted music and it was either going to be shelved or canned, in Rons case I would definitely lean to his material being canned. I'm sure a big part of why they both bowed out is for that very reason amongst others. 

With Slash and Duff back that also pushed new music back, writing anything new after all the years isn't going to be a top priority. So they test the waters and tour, it went great. Axl said at that exchange interview that he wants to release another guns album if slash is on it great, if he writes something new that's fine too. But Axl isn't revolving his decision all around him as crazy as 99.9% of the people think that is. 

I think they will release new music at some point. They will lose respect as a nostalgia act if this same tour rolls thru town another couple years. They know that time is not on thier side anymore. Depending upon what Angus wants to do will most likely determine what happens with guns and how fast something happens. Slash has been wanting back for over a decade, he's already made huge compromises and he's business minded so I can see him playing on at least half of an album that Axl already has written. 

The guys will do what they want to do when they want to do it. All the talk from other bands "doing it for the fans" is really not how bands start out.. that is a mentality that comes about after the fact when money starts rolling in. It's frustrating and alot of down time in GNR to say the least but it has been real and will be real. Sure they are making boat loads of money now, but this could have been the case a looooong time ago if it was all about money. 

Edited by Order of Nine
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 1:22 PM, kiwiguns said:

And if that's what the band's wants to do then that's up to them.

Why do some fans feel like the band needs to please and do what they (the fans)  want?, when they want it and how they want it basically telling the band and management how to run their business etc.

The facts are in plan sight and some do not want or choose to ignore them.

Fact: 2 people have put their past issues behind them and have moved on 

Fact: A reunion of  3 members of the original band has taken place

Fact: These 3 people and other people have toured the world successfully becoming the biggest touring act of 2017

Fact: The reunion and tour has been managed very will and successfully by them Brazil.

Fact: From the outside as a fan the people within the band and management team seem happy as individuals and as a traveling close group of people.

Why would the band and the management change something that is clearly working and is successful as the people involved seem happy and the outcome is allowing these people provide for their families and thier futures.

Some fans miss the point in all this.

It would have taken alot of  personal courage for 2 people to put that past to bed with all the baggage that come with that past for what ever reasons and to move on.

Axl and Slash look at piece with the outcome.

I hate to nit pick...lol, really I do :)

But, it is not a fact that GnR are the "biggest touring act of 2017" unless you are talking most bloated stage presence.  At any rate, by any possible rubric you could define they are not the biggest touring act of 2017 OTHER than possibly in terms of number of shows played.  Even then I think Bruno Mars played more shows this past year.  

^ Would hazard a guess that he probably meant highest grossing tour of 2017. Most of the stats come from the mid point of the year but Guns didn't let up and I'm sure nobody caught them. They kicked ass in that department. 

Edited by skassi

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Well, it doesn't confirm it but it's a hint that 2018 will happen something great with SMKC. Ergo a new record.

Hmm...the status of SMKC is almost as uncertain as the status of GNR.  Slash is currently without a singer and Myles isn't giving the impression he's in any hurry to deal with SMKC any time soon.  He's very much pushing his solo album and after that, he said he'll turn his attention to AB.  So if I were an SMKC fan I wouldn't be holding my breath.   I mean, we don't know for sure at this stage, if Slash is even recording anything since we've got conflicting opinions on that. :shrugs: