Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Immigrants made no sense to Axl, they just went to his country and spread some fucking disease, tried to start mini Iran’s, and they talked so many goddamn ways it was all Greek to him. 

Fixed it into past tense, because it was 30 years ago. Many things changed since then, including him having a family of immigrants.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Fixed it into past tense, because it was 30 years ago. Many things changed since then, including him having a family of immigrants.

It was merely a joke. I don’t really believe he was racist 30 years ago either.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I was referring specifically to Axl's current views on immigration and on Trump's policies on this issue, and the way his views were misinterpreted (or deliberately twisted - it's a possibility) by certain people. 

Trump spreads hatred towards "illegal" immigrants whilst his wife falls in this category (and of course supports her husband's policies). That was the point of Axl's tweet, not Melania's illegal entrance per se or illegal immigration in general being a bad thing; that's obvious from the WP article he referenced and from calling the ICE guy "nazi".

The "hooker" bit was (very) wrong, yes, and maybe hypocritical  (I'm saying "maybe" because Trump is not "anyone", as it would be the case if Axl said those things about someone from another band for example). But there's nothing wrong with the rest of the tweet.

Actually the tweet is about her petition for privacy. Or pretends to be about it.

His tweet makes no sense at all because he lumps prostitution and immigration altogether since his only aim is to attack Melania by slut-shaming her, while he puts a finger in the current visa suspicion investigated by the Washington Post.

Melania is not an "illegal" immigrant, as you say. She is documented, so she's legally living there. Whether the visa was given under suspicious circumstances, that's a different story but I really doubt Axl has any "current" views on immigration or gives two damns about it.

Everything he says about Trump is hypocritical because he was pretty much like Trump in the past and I think he still is, to some extent. Of course, that doesn't make Trump any saint that I'm trying to protect here. No way. I'm just saying that Axl is the least indicated to point fingers at someone like Trump because his closet is still full of skeletons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s was in reference to how HIV/aids entered the United States and spread back in the late 70's and early 80's.  Supposedly aids was traced back to one person who immigrated to the US and spread first through the homosexual community and then out to the general population through blood transfusions and needle using drug abusers.  It was a widely held belief, not sure if it was true.

Edited by cineater
more info

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s was in reference to how HIV/aids entered the United States and spread back in the late 70's and early 80's.  Supposedly aids was traced back to one person who immigrated to the US and spread first through the homosexual community and then out to the general population through blood transfusions and needle using drug abusers.  It was a widely held belief, not sure if it was true.

Ask the CIA about the origins of the HIV/Aids 'virus'. 

• Like 2

It’s all well and good to cry hypocrisy, but at the same time nobody should be expecting or wanting Axl to stand by the One in a Million lyrics 30 years later.

In the social media age, many celebrities have had to start an apologetic tweet with ‘To be clear...’ and then throw in an ‘it was never my intention...’.

People should be allowed to grow and develop as the world changes around them. Unfortunately, Donald Trump is still spouting rubbish as the so-called leader of the free world in 2018.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

It’s all well and good to cry hypocrisy, but at the same time nobody should be expecting or wanting Axl to stand by the One in a Million lyrics 30 years later.

In the social media age, many celebrities have had to start an apologetic tweet with ‘To be clear...’ and then throw in an ‘it was never my intention...’.

People should be allowed to grow and develop as the world changes around them. Unfortunately, Donald Trump is still spouting rubbish as the so-called leader of the free world in 2018.

When I call out on his hypocrisy I'm not talking about OIAM. His tweet is mostly about hookers and getting "help" from someone powerful to achieve status and climb up in the social ladder.

Axl has helped plenty of people reach to places they couldn't have got by their own means because their credentials are as suspicious and poor as Melania's.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Again it's not about Melania's petition for privacy per se, but about the fact that the average Joes with similar immigration status don't have the right to plead privacy.

What? Isn't she the First Lady? I guess her status is not the same as the average immigrant Joe (now that you're bringing up Trump is not a regular citizen either).

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Anyway, you can read what you like into Axl's tweets. I'm not going to argue further about what he means.

You better not. He means nothing else but attacking Melania for the sake of it. What does privacy have to do with prostitution and immigration? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But irrespective of what Axl says and how he has lived his life, even if he was like Trump, he can't be compared to someone with the authority and the power of a president. Trump is not just another person or another celebrity whom it would be hypocritical on Axl's part to judge; he's not "anyone" but he can be criticised by anyone regarless of their past record.

When did I compare Axl to Trump in terms of responsabilities or job duties? Of course I know very well Trump is a President and all that it entails.

Being President is a public function that a MAN takes. Trump is a man just like Axl. Trump was a celebrity before he became a President. He did a lot of shitty shady stuff when he was not President. Many of those shitty shady things are similar to what Axl did and sometimes still does to other people. So he's being a hypocrite and I am comparing the two men's lives as regular men, not one as a President and the other as a citizen.

On the other hand, Axl is not an average Joe either. He is a public figure with a big following all over the world, therefore he does have a responsability when he speaks out publicly, obviously not as big and important and influential as Trump, but just like any other public figure of legendary status, he comes pretty close. So watch out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She's truly wasting her time with GN'R.....

She could be a very famous singer Like Ariana Grande or Lady Gaga

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

She could be a very famous singer Like Ariana Grande or Lady Gaga

I don't know about that because in the case of Lady Gaga, she's got other talents aside from the voice, but Melissa could definitely pursue a solo career with that voice only.

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know about that because in the case of Lady Gaga, she's got other talents aside from the voice, but Melissa could definitely pursue a solo career with that voice only.

That's true. But I don't think that her years with GN'R are completely wasted anyway. She had the opportunity to learn a lot about the music business, the tour life, the management, etc 

Edited by Sosso

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's true. But I don't think that her years with GN'R are completely wasted anyway. She had the opportunity to learn a lot about the music business, the tour life, the management, etc

Yeah... and making good money, which she will need to invest in her career.

16 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Slash doesn't know how to spell Gilmour 

Does it say something about him that he spells it in the same way as the TV show Gilmore Girls?

Edited by Sosso