Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay so is GNR really recording a new album?

I hope it's true, but I would love a picture of Axl in the studio before I believe it.

This new cd would go directly to Number 1! Then maybe GNR would make people believe in them again.

I think GNR are 12 years late on ever being relavent again. 

The core guys in 2006 reunited and making music could have been something special but I wouldn’t be putting my expectations on them making a global impact again in this music landscape 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay so is GNR really recording a new album?

I hope it's true, but I would love a picture of Axl in the studio before I believe it.

This new cd would go directly to Number 1! Then maybe GNR would make people believe in them again.

What are you talking about?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think GNR are 12 years late on ever being relavent again. 

The core guys in 2006 reunited and making music could have been something special but I wouldn’t be putting my expectations on them making a global impact again in this music landscape 

I agree 100% that the reunion was 10 years too late.  It has still been pretty fun for what it is but it could have been off the charts in 2006.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree 100% that the reunion was 10 years too late.  It has still been pretty fun for what it is but it could have been off the charts in 2006.

I don't think it's a case of the reunion being too late, more that if there's no realistic sign of new music, even a single or an e.p. or something, after a couple of years then it does inevitably become boring very quickly. 10 years ago we were still waiting for CD and I know I wasn't fussed at all about a reunion at that point. Now the whole mystique of that album and its creation has long gone and so has the initial excitement of the reunion. I'm honestly more excited by the prospect of Axl with AC/DC atm because I think that album will actually happen and I think it'll be great.

53 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I don't think it's a case of the reunion being too late, more that if there's no realistic sign of new music, even a single or an e.p. or something, after a couple of years then it does inevitably become boring very quickly. 10 years ago we were still waiting for CD and I know I wasn't fussed at all about a reunion at that point. Now the whole mystique of that album and its creation has long gone and so has the initial excitement of the reunion. I'm honestly more excited by the prospect of Axl with AC/DC atm because I think that album will actually happen and I think it'll be great.

No offense but the fraction of people still waiting for CD over a reunion back then was tiny.  I just imagine how great the reunion would have been back then with Axl still sounding good and actually looking healthy and like himself.   What we have right now is cool for what it is but has a very shallow and stale aspect to it.. I could take or leave new music from the current line up to be honest.. If it happens I will buy it but could take it or leave it.. I do think an AXL/DC album could be interesting too.. Axl is at his best playing hard rock and Angus won't release anything other than that.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Doesn't he mean the tech industry because the only Tim Cook I know of is affliated with Apple products.

One in the same. I believe he is referring to this:

https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/2018/03/06/end-itunes-leaked-apple-email-sparks-fears-future-music-downloads-7365412/amp/

• Thanks 1

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

Ah okay. That does take a huge hit against musical artists, like Izzy Stradlin for example, who soley release their content through iTunes if it is true.

2 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Ah okay. That does take a huge hit against musical artists, like Izzy Stradlin for example, who soley release their content through iTunes if it is true.

So you’re saying Izzy and Axl have spoken!!? 

Kidding but in all seriousness atleast this tweet was about music