Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 8-3-2018 at 1:20 PM, RussTCB said:

I'll say the same thing I replied on Twitter with last night:

Absolutely no one cares about your political opinions Axl. For the love of Christ, just put out some music.

Please allow me to introduce myself... I am Absolutely No One. Pleased to meet you.

38 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

Why not? He’s someone we care about. So for me it’s interesting to know what he has to say, since we dont get to hear from him a lot anyway.

Plus, who are we to tell him or anyone to shut up about his beliefs. Thats a ignorant thing to say in my opinion. He's not just a musician who has to deliver a product to us, he is also a human being like everyone else who can say whatever is on his mind. Thats in a lot of cases not a good thing either, but i'd say there are lots of people who are interested to hear what someone like axl has to say

I so agree with you. :hug:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Carmenjello said:

Why not? He’s someone we care about. So for me it’s interesting to know what he has to say, since we dont get to hear from him a lot anyway.

Plus, who are we to tell him or anyone to shut up about his beliefs. Thats a ignorant thing to say in my opinion. He's not just a musician who has to deliver a product to us, he is also a human being like everyone else who can say whatever is on his mind. Thats in a lot of cases not a good thing either, but i'd say there are lots of people who are interested to hear what someone like axl has to say

I just could never see caring about the political opinions of someone I don't even know personally. 

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just could never see caring about the political opinions of someone I don't even know personally. 

I could also never care about some randoms guys life, or his job, or his autobiography. But we’re talking about someone whose every steps we’re following since before he became famous, so your statement doesnt hold up to people like axl. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carmenjello said:

I could also never care about some randoms guys life, or his job, or his autobiography. But we’re talking about someone whose every steps we’re following since before he became famous, so your statement doesnt hold up to people like axl. 

It stands up for many, many people. Just not you, and that's OK. Different strokes and all that. 

6 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

What exactly does he say about politics that it is remotely interesting?

I'd love to hear what he has to say about a series of political-social issues but his tweets really say nothing other than just superficial comments about how Trump is just a bad guy. There's no depth to those tweets.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You’ve just described the people you vote for and your fellow voters! So you might not care, but it’s foolish not to listen. You either agree or you might not, but at least be aware. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

You’ve just described the people you vote for and your fellow voters! So you might not care, but it’s foolish not to listen. You either agree or you might not, but at least be aware. 

Just saying. 

Could be one of the reasons I've never cared about politics in general perhaps. 

I've known many people who don't care at all about entertainers opinions on politics though. 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

What exactly does he say about politics that it is remotely interesting?

I'd love to hear what he has to say about a series of political-social issues but his tweets really say nothing other than just superficial comments about how Trump is just a bad guy. There's no depth to those tweets.

This is also definitely part of the problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

this is why we can't have nice things

sorry that was meant to be in context to the post you were replying to

We can't have nice things because some people don't care about politics?

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Wish Axl cared as much about releasing albums as he does about politics.

This.

34 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If only he put that into music, lol.

...and this.

• Like 2

The only problem with politics is everyone has a strong opinion on it yet most people don’t like talking about it because most of us don’t take the time to study the broadness that politics encompasses and we end up in arguments with each other based on false stats, untrue stories, and my favorite “because that’s my belief”. 

So I have no issue with Axl commenting on what he’s watching/reading/studying about a certain topic. He’s making an effort to be aware and educated on the subject. We are all different people who grow up in different neighborhoods with different beliefs...there’s a good chance we are going to have differing opinions. We don’t have to agree with everything our favorite singer says. And he shouldn’t have to shut up about it. It’s twitter, he’s not going out of his way to spread a message. If you don’t want to read it you can ignore him. 

With that said, I’m with those that hope he’s as dedicated to new music as he is the news haha 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, you care what Axl Rose thinks about politics? 

Why? 

I care about politics... I care about Axl  (As far as I can 'cause I don't really know him ofcourse). I can seperate the music from his political opinions. I am glad that I agree with some of the things he says but it wouldn't be a big deal if he has another opinion/believe/view  than I have...unless he would be a KKK-member/nazi but that's not the case.

I also care about political opinions of others fans/board members but I won't get involved that much into politics here 'cause this is a place for music (for me).

Best thing is to get along with each other and be able to agree to disagree.

Edited by avahland
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, avahland said:

I care about politics... I care about Axl  (As far as I can 'cause I don't really know him ofcourse). I can seperate the music from his political opinions. I am glad that I agree with some of the things he says but it wouldn't be a big deal if he has another opinion/believe/view  than I have...unless he would be a KKK-member/nazi but that's not the case.

I also care about political opinions of others fans/board members but I won't get involved that much into politics here 'cause this is a place for music (for me).

Best thing is to get along with each other and be able to agree to disagree.

Axl's been brainwashed by MSM, sadly he thinks Trump is Hitler or something along those lines.