Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

12 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Unless it reaches a fever pitch I don't think he will address it again. One person on Twitrer isn't going to restart a 30 year old discbssion. Also, Axl isn't the asshole he was even ten years ago...As long as he behaves, none of the old stuff should come back to haunt him. 

Famous last words.

9 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

Honestly, it's really hard to tell anymore.  It just depends if the right person gets a bee in their bonnet.  Given the current climate, I can absolutely see some sort of "This band is in the R&RHOF and they used a racial slur. They need to be removed."

GNR  HALL OF FAME induction was in 2012 and nothing happened.

On 29.6.2018 at 9:43 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Yea the appreciation for this album is strong, and the bad mouthing seems to be at a minimum. Mostly people just appreciating what was a perfect storm 

at some point Axl will have to address this again. There will always be someone somewhere that will turn this on him. 

Those people are only seeking for some attention through those stories . Nobody would even recognize them otherwise. 

Edited by Sosso

I just feel like if Axl releases another album and it’s doing good that someone will start with the racist crap again. It usually only happens just as someone is having success then someone goes “why are we celebrating him when he said this 30 years ago” 

And in my opinion Axl has never dealt with it well. He should have been more in line with Duff and just said it was a song about a guy from the Midwest coming to LA in the 80’s and experiencing culture shock having not dealt with that in Indiana and how one is raised there, it’s a perspective to how different two parts of the same country can be. I think people could have been ok with that 

but idk Axl’s real intention for the song, so nobody can speak for him 

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just feel like if Axl releases another album and it’s doing good that someone will start with the racist crap again. It usually only happens just as someone is having success then someone goes “why are we celebrating him when he said this 30 years ago” 

And in my opinion Axl has never dealt with it well. He should have been more in line with Duff and just said it was a song about a guy from the Midwest coming to LA in the 80’s and experiencing culture shock having not dealt with that in Indiana and how one is raised there, it’s a perspective to how different two parts of the same country can be. I think people could have been ok with that 

but idk Axl’s real intention for the song, so nobody can speak for him 

The song is indefensible from any point of view.

We have advanced so much as a society that I cant imagine a person like Axl (who lives in a bubble) trying to come up with anything remotely good enough that could pass as an excuse.

The only thing that would work is him acknowledging himself as an ignorant person and send some sort of apology... Since he cant justify it anymore, it's better to take the humble path.

That's why I think it is better he says nothing and avoid the controversy as much as he can..... It baffles me what kind of mastermind created that Spotify list with OIAM on it, knowing that other artists are being censored for the same kind of explicit content.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

The song is indefensible from any point of view.

We have advanced so much as a society that I cant imagine a person like Axl (who lives in a bubble) trying to come up with anything remotely good enough that could pass as an excuse.

The only thing that would work is him acknowledging himself as an ignorant person and send some sort of apology... Since he cant justify it anymore, it's better to take the humble path.

That's why I think it is better he says nothing and avoid the controversy as much as he can..... It baffles me what kind of mastermind created that Spotify list with OIAM on it, knowing that other artists are being censored for the same kind of explicit content.

I'm not trying to defend or justify Axl, but as an immigrant(from South America) living in the USA, i understand where he is coming from, 

"Immigrants  and hooray for tolerance!s

They make no sense to me

They come to our country 

And think they'll do as they please

LIKE START SOME MINI IRAN"

Key point, he is referring to gang members  (mostly immigrants from central america/mexico/caribe) one of the biggest problems in this country.

We just got a murder of a 15 year old kid outside a store in the bronx. 

"OR SPREAD SOME FUCKING DISEASE "

influenced by the media /ignorance back then  fueled by the fear of the general public with anything related to AIDS.

POLICE AND hooray for tolerance!S

Well  ....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Key point, he is referring to gang members  (mostly immigrants from central america/mexico/caribe) one of the biggest problems in this country.

But he mentions Iran, not those countries... And he says "immigrants", not "gang members", so if you are yourself an immigrant, you are also included. Immigrants is everybody, decent people and criminals.

30 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

"OR SPREAD SOME FUCKING DISEASE "

influenced by the media /ignorance back then  fueled by the fear of the general public with anything related to AIDS.

Huh? No, he says the homosexuals spread a disease. That's what he said in the song.

11 hours ago, Ratam said:

GNR  HALL OF FAME induction was in 2012 and nothing happened.

Honestly, that means nothing.  Last week, Laura Ingalls Wilder just had her name stripped from an award given in her honor since 1953.  The controversy was over a book from 1935.  

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But he mentions Iran, not those countries... And he says "immigrants", not "gang members", so if you are yourself an immigrant, you are also included. Immigrants is everybody, decent people and criminals.

Huh? No, he says the homosexuals spread a disease. That's what he said in the song.

Immigrants starting a mini Iran. Violence/ lawlessness/ etc. Exactly what gang members create, he wasn't  attacking  "slash"( immigrant)

Back then most of the population  still believed that gays were spreading aids.. 

He tried to " explain" this on the radicals and racist verse.

8 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Immigrants starting a mini Iran. Violence/ lawlessness/ etc. Exactly what gang members create, he wasn't  attacking  "slash"( immigrant)

Back then most of the population  still believed that gays were spreading aids.. 

He tried to " explain" this on the radicals and racist verse.

Umm. No.

Anyway, I have already discussed this lyrics at another thread and there are many of them in the forum. Shouldn't be here derailing with this discussion.

My point was that I think Axl has to avoid speaking of this again because there is no way out and he will be destroyed, since any argument he comes up with will be very weak.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Honestly, that means nothing.  Last week, Laura Ingalls Wilder just had her name stripped from an award given in her honor since 1953.  The controversy was over a book from 1935.  

Wich was the reason to stripped award her❓

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Please stay on the topic thanks

Backing up Gibbo on this. 

Everyone please leave this thread to discuss GNR (band member & management) social media posts. 

Please take other social media posts concerning GNR to the other thread dedicated to that. 

Thanks. 

• Like 2