Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

24 minutes ago, ckgent said:

The fact the new fan club comes with a passport suggests somethings gonna happen in the future that will all make sense

That was what I used to say to myself all the time pertaining to Guns, during the long wait for Chinese, etc. 

What an idiot I was!

• Like 2

Just now, janrichmond said:

So glad i missed all that shite :lol:

A lot of people - I wasn't the only one - thought there was some sort of plan to the whole thing and that Rose was this mad genius fella, a Brian Wilson, tinkering on a masterpiece, a Wall or Night At The Opera for the millennium. Surely - we asked ourselves - there was a method to such madness (such as going into hibernation for long periods)?

• Sad 1

A lot of people - I wasn't the only one - thought there was some sort of plan to the whole thing and that Rose was this mad genius fella, a Brian Wilson, tinkering on a masterpiece, a Wall or Night At The Opera for the millennium.

Nah, mate, trust me, you were the only one :lol:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

A lot of people - I wasn't the only one - thought there was some sort of plan to the whole thing and that Rose was this mad genius fella, a Brian Wilson, tinkering on a masterpiece, a Wall or Night At The Opera for the millennium. Surely - we asked ourselves - there was a method to such madness (such as going into hibernation for long periods)?

I was kind of in the same boat. I didn't think it was possible for Axl to release a bad album.. Then CD dropped...

56 minutes ago, Padme said:

Back to politics

I don’t like Trump but I hate when people pull that “not my president” or “we don’t have a president” crap. We have a president. He’s not my personal choice or is someone I look up to, but is the president. It’s really disrespectful to pretend not. In other countries you would be murdered for openly talking shit about the leader of the country.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Well thats one of the good things about America, we can shit on our leaders without being murdered by them.

Trump has been pretty indecent himself so its hard to argue there should be any decency from anyone else.

i always thought if you don't support the government, you're unpatriotic. 

42 minutes ago, soon said:

I do not understand people who think that art can somehow be divorced from political and social issues. Axl fucking Rose is an artist and by telling him to not be a political being, one is telling him to just be a mindless-sell-out-of-an-entertainer.

The problem is that he is talking about politics on twitter. If tomorrow a new GN'R album call American Democracy comes out. And all the songs are about politics. Sure some people might not like it. But at least we would have a new album and new songs being played at shows. Axl can talk about politics all he wants. But it's a shame he is not working on a new album as well. Even if there is a chance he is working on a new album. There is zero official infomation about it