Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

The problem is that he is talking about politics on twitter. If tomorrow a new GN'R album call American Democracy comes out. And all the songs are about politics. Sure some people might not like it. But at least we would have a new album and new songs being played at shows. Axl can talk about politics all he wants. But it's a shame he is not working on a new album as well. Even if there is a chance he is working on a new album. There is zero official infomation about it

Yeah, I really want a new album too. I think its likely that Axl finished writing and recording his vocals for the next Guns album in 2002. 

He doesnt tweet much and it just takes a second. :shrugs:Lets hope he tweets to pass the time while the studio techs test mic positions for 3 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I do not understand people who think that art can somehow be divorced from political and social issues. Axl fucking Rose is an artist and by telling him to not be a political being, one is telling him to just be a mindless-sell-out-of-an-entertainer.

Does he give any substance to his tweets? Which are his political songs? Civil War from 1990 and..... Chinese Democracy it is just a title....

His tweets are comparable to my aunt talking to the butcher at the supermarket.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Does he give any substance to his tweets? Which are his political songs? Civil War from 1990 and..... Chinese Democracy it is just a title....

His tweets are comparable to my aunt talking to the butcher at the supermarket.

I didn't comment on the quality or use-value of his analysis.

Your aunt sounds cool.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

I didn't comment on the quality or use-value of his analysis.

Your aunt sounds cool.

You said we should let him be "a political being" because he's also an artist...... umm... he is a political being like we all are (or should be) regardless of his artist status.

But like @Padme said, this guy does not transfer his political being to his art. At the moment, he is just tweeting shit about his president.

Now, typing a tweet is considered art? :lol:

I don't think so but yeah, he can tweet all he wants and I think we have a right to complain about it.
It's got nothing to do with not letting him be political.... he is.... but only on Twitter, not where politics really are :shrugs:

Edited by killuridols

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You said we should let him be "a political being" because he's also an artist...... umm... he is a political being like we all are (or should be) regardless of his artist status.

But like @Padme said, this guy does not transfer his political being to his art. At the moment, he is just tweeting shit about his president.

Now, typing a tweet is considered art? :lol:

I don't think so but yeah, he can tweet all he wants and I think we have a right to complain about it.
It's got nothing to do with not letting him be political.... he is.... but only on Twitter, not where politics really are :shrugs:

I dont think I've ever been on this side of your wrath... its rather terrifying :P:lol::bitchfight:

Whatever, it's his Twitter.

Besides, Twitter is much more of a political instrument than music nowadays. Politics have been dominated by Twitter for years now, from the Twitter Revolution to Trump. I am not saying Axl will change the worl with his tweets, I'm just saying that Twitter is where politics are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

:lol:

I dont think I know all of Axls Trump tweets. I could easily imagine some are cringey, but how are they indefensible?

Just enter his Twitter profile and take a look... it's all about Trump :shrugs:

Because he says really nothing about whatever he complains. It's all superficial and bland, half-assed shit.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Just enter his Twitter profile and take a look... it's all about Trump :shrugs:

Because he says really nothing about whatever he complains. It's all superficial and bland, half-assed shit.

I will join you in saying to Axl that if there's a choice to be made between tweeting superficial and bland, half-assed shit OR recording a hard rock masterpiece then please, Axl, choose to record a hard rock masterpiece.

Actually, I'd go one further and say that to everyone on Twitter. :headbang:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I will join you in saying to Axl that if there's a choice to be made between tweeting superficial and bland, half-assed shit OR recording a hard rock masterpiece then please, Axl, choose to record a hard rock masterpiece.

I want a new album too but I don't think he should choose... I mean... he can do both.... What I'm trying to say is.... if Axl wants to go political on Twitter, then stop tweeting bullshit.

His comments on Trump are bland, except when he has to insult his wife, then he goes all macho because that's his nature.
But for Trump, he's not the Axl from Get In The Ring or OIAM..... Why is that? I thought he had balls, but apparently he only has balls when he has to abuse women or journalists, not for powerful men in the governments.

That's basically why I think he should STFU on Twitter about Trump. Go 100% or nothing. He's not "woke" like those stupid articles say, he's pretty green about social stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I want a new album too but I don't think he should choose... I mean... he can do both.... What I'm trying to say is.... if Axl wants to go political on Twitter, then stop tweeting bullshit.

His comments on Trump are bland, except when he has to insult his wife, then he goes all macho because that's his nature.
But for Trump, he's not the Axl from Get In The Ring or OIAM..... Why is that? I thought he had balls, but apparently he only has balls when he has to abuse women or journalists, not for powerful men in the governments.

That's basically why I think he should STFU on Twitter about Trump. Go 100% or nothing. He's not "woke" like those stupid articles say, he's pretty green about social stuff.

I don't think he's "woke" either. It'd be fantastic if he punches Trump though.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why is Sorum constantly tweeting about his GN'R past? :question:

He's done that for years, no? 

3 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

I love that Axl tweets and that he uses his twitter account to express his opinions. What I don't like are all the responses of "I love you will you marry meor the ever present where's Izzy? Its irritating and pointless to read any of the comments. And no, I don't think his Twitter use takes away from anything else in his life 😀

The comments section on pretty much all social media is worthless lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He's done that for years, no? 

I wouldn't know because I don't follow him. I only know he tweets GN'R stuff when people repost it here so it seemed to me that in the last weeks there were many GN'R posts coming from Sorum.

Maybe he's on a nostalgia trip :lol:

• Like 1