Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

He was fired by Axl, not the band..

Considering Slash and duff had already left so no point in him sticking around. I would take matt on the drumstool than frank any fuckin day of the week. Never get tired of his instagram posts during his time with the band. Greatback 90s flashbacks during the bands pinnacle of their success.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I so hope he doesnt hold back and i so hope he gives us info about the holy grail 94 to 96 rehearsals.

Given that he's become so pro-GnR lately - I doubt it mate.

I have a feeling that Sluff reached out to him when he went public about how he would hold nothing back in his book. They might have come to an understanding and worked something out. Think about it, for a bunch of guys who refuse to talk to the press/fans about anything - the last thing they probably want is a tell-all book that airs out all the band's dirty laundry to the world. I suspect Sorum will probably write something along the lines of Slash's book and omit most of the juicy stuff. He has to keep his options open in case they fire Frank. :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, RONIN said:

Given that he's become so pro-GnR lately - I doubt it mate.

I have a feeling that Sluff reached out to him when he went public about how he would hold nothing back in his book. They might have come to an understanding and worked something out. Think about it, for a bunch of guys who refuse to talk to the press/fans about anything - the last thing they probably want is a tell-all book that airs out all the band's dirty laundry to the world. I suspect Sorum will probably write something along the lines of Slash's book and omit most of the juicy stuff. He has to keep his options open in case they fire Frank. :lol:

Well i guess whatever sorum writes will involve slash and duff, so i guess it has got those 2 pretty worried what may come out and dont want to have to impact the gnr money train.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am glad I'm not on Twitter

Makes 2 of us, social media just doesnt interest me. I dont see any purpose to axls rants.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

That's pretty cool, did he play anything with them?

Edit: According to Setlist.fm he joined them for Rocket Queen.. I need a video!

Edit 2: Found one

I was just watching Rocket Queens from this tour last night and was refreshed at how awesome they sounded again... This is only a short clip but I hate the stupid cute funky shit Fortus adds to the song at the beginning. I just sounds dumb. I was hoping he would just watch and learn how it should be done.

5 hours ago, Edward Nigma said:

I don't mind Fortus on RQ with Slash. What really grinds my gears is when Slash does 15 years of noodling on RQ when Guns perform it, fans could run to the next gig and back in the time he takes on that song.

I feel the same way about the minute-long intro to WTTJ nowadays. It's a bit too self-indulgent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I feel the same way about the minute-long intro to WTTJ nowadays. It's a bit too self-indulgent.

Yeah, I was bored to death when he did that at the Berlin 2018 show. I prefer the shorter version from Rock am Ring 2006. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1