Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree it is bad taste.

The way I interpret the original AFD cover is basically "there's always a bigger fish" and the rapist robot is about to get destroyed by the monster jumping the fence. Meaning it isn't glorifying the deed, like this stupid fan poster.

@DieselDaisy i think it was, posted a link to all the entrants art and some were really good.

Is this image gonna be used for anything?

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

@DieselDaisy i think it was, posted a link to all the entrants art and some were really good.

Is this image gonna be used for anything?

I haven't the foggiest but the cynic in me thinks that Team Brazil have just obtained a lot of free artwork they can use for the foreseeable future.

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree it is bad taste.

The way I interpret the original AFD cover is basically "there's always a bigger fish" and the rapist robot is about to get destroyed by the monster jumping the fence. Meaning it isn't glorifying the deed, like this stupid fan poster.

Isn't the Saviour Robot creeping behind Rapist Robot though? Rapist Robot seems to have the expression of all the #MeToo guys that got caught. Hence, I don't think the poster is glorifying rape.

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Reminds me too much of the Bad Apples one from the 90s. It was original and way cooler.

oldskoolzone_52081348418681.JPG

GUNS-0074_-_Halloween_Assets_-_Pumpkin_P

EDIT: Holy crap, it is EXACTLY THE SAME SKULL. They don’t even put a minimum effort in their artwork. Recycled merch... what a shame of a band. Is there anything these guys get right? I blame Fernando on this one, isn’t he the merch/marketing genius behind this band?

Edited by D.Z.I.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

True, but it depicts the rape-bot still in the act which is kind of gratuitous. 

Not sure what the rules of the contest are/were, but it just seems the author used the key elements from both album covers and reorganized them in the form of an old comic book. And the result is pretty cool. The censorship kinda sucks, though.

Not much else to “see” other than our own individual interpretations, and we know that leads us nowhere.

1 minute ago, swishtz said:

So why are  you here with suddenly with your 7 new posts ?

What do you mean?

I’m here because I enjoy the music they have made. That doesn’t mean that I think that everything they’ve ever done has been in good taste.

Do i need a higher post count to state the obvious? I’ll make sure next time I don’t forget to ask for your permission before I post. I’m really sorry, I’ll make sure it never happens again.

57 minutes ago, D.Z.I. said:

Reminds me too much of the Bad Apples one from the 90s. It was original and way cooler.

EDIT: Holy crap, it is EXACTLY THE SAME SKULL. They don’t even put a minimum effort in their artwork. Recycled merch... what a shame of a band. Is there anything these guys get right? I blame Fernando on this one, isn’t he the merch/marketing genius behind this band?

They didn't even remove the green Apple splat behind - that is how lazy it is!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Why come to a site about a band and bitch like a little bitch ?

You have managed to avoid it for 30 odd years

I don’t owe you any explanations. I will be excited when there is a reason for it.

You are boring, and probably bored (at least bored enough to give me unrequested attention).

2 hours ago, soon said:

Couldn't even get the syllables correct: "pumpkin patch" would've matched "Jungle" a little better at least. And no one has ever called a pumpkin patch a "patch" anyways!

I have no idea about pumpkin patches but this could be a localization problem and they don't have a localization project manager taking care of this t-shirt business.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I have no idea about pumpkin patches but this could be a localization problem and they don't have a localization project manager taking care of this t-shirt business.

Thats probably true. Fernando was keen to share that he personally oversees the clothing.

But i guess theres pumpkin-spiced everything else this time of year, why not Guns? :lol:

14 hours ago, D.Z.I. said:

I actually think it's kind of cool that it is a bit of a throwback considering that the old merch was much more rad anyway.

Edited by thomlarke
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, soon said:

aPSCDS5h.png

Couldn't even get the syllables correct: "pumpkin patch" would've matched "Jungle" a little better at least. And no one has ever called a pumpkin patch a "patch" anyways!

Agreed - Even this would work.

"Welcome to the Jungle Bitch!" = "Welcome to the Pumpkin Patch!"

Shit, even "Pumpkin Patch City" would have been acceptable.

At the same time, I guess we should be happy it wasn't "It's So Easy to carve a pumpkin with the Official Guns N' Roses GnFnCarver, on sale now for just $49.99.  Collectors edition with Haunted Hay Ride Flyer and pumpkin tattoos, available for just $199.99.

Edited by DeadSlash
words are hard
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, soon said:

aPSCDS5h.png

Instead of 'Welcome to the Patch', which is corny as hell, they should have had 'Down on the Farm'. At least then, it could be worn as more than a cheap Halloween product.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, thomlarke said:

I actually think it's kind of cool that it is a bit of a throwback considering that the old merch was much more rad anyway.

I think a throwback would be re-releasing the bad apples t-shirt (which is pretty cool).

This pumpkin one is a rip-off of themselves, the only things they changed are the writing on the banner, added the pumpking pieces to the existing apple, and painted it orange. It’s so badly done and it sucks so much that the pumpkin they added to doesn’t even match the lines of the existing apple (specially noticeable at the top right where they painted the red apple peel orange).

Last time Fernando was here, all he wanted to talk about was his involvment in this kind of stuff, proud of his work, patting himself on the back...

I better shut up now or i’ll get in shit –again– for not choking on Fernando’s cock.

• Like 1