Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, Litti said:

Oh boy, good luck with that "evidence"

Don't spend too much time in your bubble

Record unemployment for African American and all the minorities. Lowest unemployment for women in 65 years. Lowest unemployment for veterans ect.

Economy is doing better than ever. (Even though Obama is trying to take credit, very shameful what he's doing)

Obama was playing with funny money with zero interest ratings

Trump has yuge interest ratings already.

Interesting that when Obama was in office, the unemployment numbers were "fake", and conservatives kept asking "what's the real unemployment rate?" Now that the orange clown is President, suddenly the numbers are real.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

I really dislike how political the band is and how this forum becomes political as well. I want to see GNR news and not 5 pages of strangers going on a Trump vs Anti-Trump debate.

I swear to god, if you all don't behave, I'll create a Melissa social media bot :max:

I get that, but I think Trump goes beyond simple politics. It's not just music, it's sports, it's entertainment, it's family holiday dinners....Trump's divisiveness has infected the entire country.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, OK. So what you meant to say was "90% of the people who reply to him are..." not "90% of the people who follow him are..." 

By "follow" I meant "on Twitter" .. not his "fan-following" lol

7 hours ago, Modano09 said:

@PhillyRose

The tax bill benefited the wealthy while benefiting the middle class just enough to distract them from how much it was benefiting the wealthy. 

I think it's fair to say that when Trump is passionate about something he's going to go off about it, on Twitter or on live TV, whether he makes sense or whether anyone wants him to do it or not. But when Charlottesville happened, he was in no hurry to comment. After days of getting heat for how he was handling it, he gave a statement condemning the Nazi's, only to basically take it all back the next day when he went on an off-scripted rant about how the Nazi's had permits to be there and there were good people on both sides. So, yes, if you want to say he condemned the Nazi's, technically that's true, but you have to take it way out of context to believe it.

And people who were in his campaign or part of his administration have been indicted. How does that NOT have anything to do with Trump?  At the very least it shows that he's not the best judge of character when he's choosing "the best people", but it's more likely that he just attracts those types of people because he himself is one of them. 

Obama's been out of office 2 years and Hillary lost the election 2 years ago and he still rants about them during his rallies. He calls them, and anyone who criticizes him, enemies of the country and paints them as people trying to ruin the country, or let the dangerous immigrants come get you, etc. And when that lead to a wacko trying to blow them up in the name of Trump, he takes no responsibility for his words and instead blames the media for riling people up by reporting what he says and does. And that is what his true issue with the media is - he wants to be able to lie without being called on it.

You are very mis-informed 

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I get that, but I think Trump goes beyond simple politics. It's not just music, it's sports, it's entertainment, it's family holiday dinners....Trump's divisiveness has infected the entire country.  

Obama's ***

28 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Agree!- mods can you direct this political talk to the Anything Goes section please for the love of freakin god!!!!! TIA. :D

Yup. Many of the comments are just arguing about Trump, not even about Axl's tweets. So --> Anything goes. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Agree!- mods can you direct this political talk to the Anything Goes section please for the love of freakin god!!!!! TIA. :D

So you're saying you basically need a SAFE SPACE to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities?  This aint fox news where you get to pretend that there's nothing wrong with electing a sociopathic moronic racist con man.

If axl thinks it's time to take a side, guns n roses fans should pay attention.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slipnslider said:

So you're saying you basically need a SAFE SPACE to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities?  This aint fox news where you get to pretend that there's nothing wrong with electing a sociopathic moronic racist con man.

If axl thinks it's time to take a side, guns n roses fans should pay attention.

I think she is actually saying that we have a dedicated section for politics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I think she is actually saying that we have a dedicated section for politics.

And that's where political discussions belong.  Unless the band or axl does something political.  That shouldn't be hidden away in some politics section where it wont be heard like axl wanted it to. 

Do you think axl posted this so it could be hidden away in some rarely visited corner of the internet just in case it offends someone, or do you think he did it in order to influence as many people as possible?

Edited by slipnslider

1 hour ago, slipnslider said:

And that's where political discussions belong.  Unless the band or axl does something political.  That shouldn't be hidden away in some politics section where it wont be heard like axl wanted it to. 

Do you think axl posted this so it could be hidden away in some rarely visited corner of the internet just in case it offends someone, or do you think he did it in order to influence as many people as possible?

I don't think Axl's opinion on this matter in any way :lol:

For the record, the leadership of this site is kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one. 

Yes, we WANT all political discussion to go in the proper thread (in the Anything Goes section) however, Axl keeps tweeting political stuff. 

So it's hard to say "Hey, keep all social media stuff here!" but then turn around and say "Well, not THAT social media stuff" lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Interesting that when Obama was in office, the unemployment numbers were "fake", and conservatives kept asking "what's the real unemployment rate?" Now that the orange clown is President, suddenly the numbers are real.

I don't think those numbers are accurate even now because what Trump was talking about was the people who was not included in the unemployed group because they had stopped looking for work, thus considered "employed" BUT Trump's numbers ARE record breaking

By the way that "Orange cl*wn" is the President. Learn about it.

The last few pages of this thread have been fascinating... no matter how many reasonable arguments, facts or how much evidence they are provided with on things they don't like, Trump fans close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and scream "FAKE NEWS!", just like they've been told to. :facepalm:

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Duff Mckagan has a fucking blackberry............

Not only that, he's done at least one advertisement for them. And if Im understanding his "#Ad" this is a paid promotion as well.

He's doggin for that Amex cash too, it seems. Reese style tweeting. 

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/07/rock-star-turned-renaissance-man-works-creatively-with-blackberry-pictures/

Edited by soon
  • Like 2