Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

12 minutes ago, Litti said:

I don't think those numbers are accurate even now because what Trump was talking about was the people who was not included in the unemployed group because they had stopped looking for work, thus considered "employed" BUT Trump's numbers ARE record breaking

I won't go too far OT here so I'll just say that (un)employment rates don't really mean much for various reasons, the one you mentioned being one of them. Politicians like to brag about these numbers to make it look like they're doing something right, but they don't always mean what people would think they would. 

17 minutes ago, Litti said:

By the way that "Orange cl*wn" is the President. Learn about it.

Of course that had to be censored so as not to offend Trumpers :lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

It wasn't that Russ...it started off with the members talking about politics and Axl's tweet (and that is fine) until it WASN'T about the tweet. That is what I am referring too....

So we can discuss what he tweeted, but not WHY he would tweet it, what he hoped to achieve, or what he might be thinking.

Can we stop sheltering these fascists from the real world reactions to their policies and priorities?  Otherwise we're just enabling them.

26 minutes ago, Litti said:

I don't think those numbers are accurate even now because what Trump was talking about was the people who was not included in the unemployed group because they had stopped looking for work, thus considered "employed" BUT Trump's numbers ARE record breaking

By the way that "Orange cl*wn" is the President. Learn about it.

Yeah the unemployment numbers were FAKE when the president was black, now they're AWESOME when the president is a  white supremacist con man and known liar.

• Like 3

I wish Duff went back on the piss. 

3 minutes ago, Edward Nigma said:

Yes not the most popular mobile phone about these days but I think I heard or watched an interview where Duff & maybe Axl preferred the user interface of the BB.

Punk as fuck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Duff Mckagan has a fucking blackberry............

I didnt think blackberrys were made anymore. They were replaced with smartphones. Duff probably prefers to use them because of the high security encryption on them.

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

It wasn't that Russ...it started off with the members talking about politics and Axl's tweet (and that is fine) until it WASN'T about the tweet. That is what I am referring too....

No, I get that. The problem is that we can't really tell everyone to stop discussing a subject that Axl started. 

6 hours ago, slipnslider said:

So we can discuss what he tweeted, but not WHY he would tweet it, what he hoped to achieve, or what he might be thinking.

What are you evening talking about? 

There's an entire thread dedicated to politics on the forum. Everyone is more than welcome to discuss everything to do with politics there. It's apparent you've missed that thread, so you should certainly check it out. 

No one is trying to "shield" anyone from anything. We're just trying to keep the forum organized, plain and simple. 

• Like 4

On 2018-10-29 at 8:31 AM, PhillyRose said:

"Vote Blue .... Bitches" degrading women while stumping for Dems? AXL will be the next #MeToo ... except he's actually guilty :lol:

I don't really care that he's a Democrat, people are allowed to have their own beliefs, but it's kinda odd how the man who made himself who he is by being a symbol of independence & rebellion against the establishment is so vehemently against the political counterpart of that ... Donald Trump 

Ah no. I think this is a bit mad.

Independence & rebellion in a band = good.

Independence & rebellion in politics = bad.

The stages, audiences and international influence are very different..... Axl never had access to nukes.

But I guess because trump was on TV you think of him in this way, isn’t that a curious fucking thing....

Ah no. It’s not. 

On 2018-10-29 at 12:35 PM, History2010 said:

The point they are trying to make is that most of Axl's followers are from South America, so tweeting about an American election is apparently useless. Its a very weak point but that's what they are saying.

Also implying that the Democratic party reaches out to people who don't speak English to vote for them. Which is apparently a problem. 

Bad American, speaking his mind. Doesn’t matter to who it is he speaks, bad American. Commenting on an American Election. That he voted in. Shhh. Some Latin people might read it. 

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:53 PM, RussTCB said:

What are you evening talking about? 

There's an entire thread dedicated to politics on the forum. Everyone is more than welcome to discuss everything to do with politics there. It's apparent you've missed that thread, so you should certainly check it out. 

No one is trying to "shield" anyone from anything. We're just trying to keep the forum organized, plain and simple. 

Sure you are.  Your "organize" things so that axl's message that you don't agree with gets hidden in a location no one will see it.  Axl is political now and you don't agree with his politics.  Time to pick a new favorite band.

Edited by slipnslider
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slipnslider said:

Sure you are.  Your "organize" things so that axl's message that you don't agree with gets hidden in a location no one will see it.  Axl is political now and you don't agree with his politics.  Time to pick a new favorite band.

What is it that you want to discuss? We agree or disagree with Axl's views. Having said that, if you want to discuss healthcare or immigration. This is not the right thread. This is a thread where what they say on their social media gets posted. So everyone can see it. Sure, some comments can be made. But this is not a thread for political debate.

This is a GN'R forum. So everything that is off topic ( not related to GN'R music or tours) can be discussed in other sections of the forum. There is no conspiracy here. Things are not organized to hide anything.

Edited by Padme
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, slipnslider said:

Axl isn't "political now", he tweets some things here and there about politics. 

As I've said many times, I don't care about politics at all, let alone what Axl thinks about them. 

On top of that, politics have ALWAYS been in the Anything Goes section, regardless when Axl decided to care / tweet about politics.

So again, if you want to discuss politics, do so in the correct thread. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slipnslider said:

Where the heck to people think up these things? :lol:  Even as someone who has gotten political in this thread, I can see how it would be problematic turning what is supposed to be a GNR Social Media page discussion into a republican vs. democrat shitfest like every other discussion on the internet seems to turn into nowadays