Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

22 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

The guy left in the picture is one of the bodyguards. Saw him in Berlin outside their hotel when Duff was walking to the car... 

The one wearing the grey knitted vest,?..

20 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Yes who the fuck still use Blackberry?? Definitely an endorsement tho. :wacko:

is this what it means being ageing rock star? I think pop stars can age better than this.

What does duff mean since 06?. Hes been touring since 04 in VR?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The problem with that is you can use that description to justify any sort of behaviour it is so precise: by that logic Donald Trump is ''punk rock'' seeing that he does do whatever he wants, and doesn't let anyone hinder him.

Personally I like to associate punk with snots and tins of cold baked beans. 

Not really. The douche came from establishment and always has been a part of it. Duff basically came from living in a dumpster and worked his way to the top using his talents. Now he gets the reward. 

Edited by RageKage

2 hours ago, RageKage said:

Why do you think theyre not punk? Punk doesnt mean being poor and dying your hair and drinking beer on the streets. Thats a stereotype people have of punk.

punk means doing whatever the fuck you want with your life and not letting anyone come in your way.

I am punk for getting to my shift on time today. I am punk for paying my bills on time. I am punk for going to the gym. I am punk for doing my homework.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Sorry for being so negative but I honestly can't stand Fernando. Every time I see him posing as some sort of big shot in the GN'R world it makes me cringe. And Melissa is so damn annoying. Such a childish little girl. Just pathetic.

I'm okay with Melissa. She does what she's asked to do, plus it's kind of nice that she's not viewed by the band or fans as "eye candy". 

As for Fernando, I've never really paid attention. Would GN'R be better off with someone like Alan Niven or Irving Azoff? I think so, but it is what it is. Axl has that special relationship with Beta, and Fernando is part of that package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RageKage said:

Not really. The douche came from establishment and always has been a part of it. Duff basically came from living in a dumpster and worked his way to the top using his talents. Now he gets the reward. 

I cannot agree in that I see punk connected more specifically with a distinct anti-establishment Anglo-American musical movement of the 1970s, and that is not a criticism of Duff who I don't think was especially punk since the day he joined Guns N' Roses. 

What is the purpose of a term if we're going to completely unlimber it from its affiliated connotation?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

For the love of god......i know that art is how you perceive things but really why put that on your twitter....this goes beyond an interest in horror. I know some posters think axl has an issue with wearing a shirt with a woman in a garbage can but slash takes it to another level, its just cringy.:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

The woman is Perla alike....:facepalm:

Very much agree.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

''Sweet Child'' is ''anti-Trump''? 

It is as I said earlier, extremely difficult to remove music; as I said, Neil Young basically gave up pertaining to use of ''Rockin in the Free World''.

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Who are her fans, anyway? Are there GnR fans who consider themselves Melissa fans? Does she have fans on her own from whatever she was doing before?

She has a great voice but I don't think I can name or even recall her previous work. Probably because it's mostly instrumental stuff? 

Her social media is cringe, though, so I am not a fan.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

She has a great voice but I don't think I can name or even recall her previous work. Probably because it's mostly instrumental stuff? 

Her social media is cringe, though, so I am not a fan.

Does she even know the rest of the GNR catalog like Locomotive?