Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She has a great voice but I don't think I can name or even recall her previous work. Probably because it's mostly instrumental stuff? 

Her social media is cringe, though, so I am not a fan.

I was thinking maybe she’s got very young fans who’d be interesting how comfy her new boots are and stuff like that? I didn’t know her before but that’s me not knowing what’s going on in nowaday popmusic. :shrugs:

39 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

Axl CUCK Rose

What does that mean?

35 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What does that mean?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck     

Using this word as a random insult online reminds me of people who use the word autistic as synonym for stupid. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Does anyone here care that she was in boots for 3 hours?. No pain no gain. 

She's light as a feather. I doubt someone so skinny could get their feet sore very easily. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Just so you know....They continue to use GNR music in every strip joint in the country, probably the world.  And if that industry wasn't degrading enough to women, GNR has yet to write a decent song a woman can strip to. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Probably 25%? Just asking bout Mel cuz shes a GN’R member afterall. Didnt knew they had to learn the catalog. Thats cool.

Yeah I read about that in a nice lengthy article done on her two years back ... I believe going back to post-Illusions all new additions were expected to learn & know the catalog 

37 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He should worry more about the quality of their music being played at Guns N' Roses shows.

She is so cringe worthy.

Axl's latest Twitter rant about "anti-Trump Sweet Child O Mine" takes the cake or most cringe

• Like 2

On 2018-11-02 at 4:37 PM, Fourteenbeers said:

I think Duff has enough self awareness to know that he is not "punk" anymore (if he ever was punk in the first place... ?) So I assume that those shirts are made either tongue in cheek or they are just a nod to his youth when he used to play in a punk bands, was influenced by Sid Vicious etc. 

It's a show, it's entertainment, it's not something that shouldn't be treated as something "real." per se.  

Kind of like Kiss, they're playing a role for those attending the concert (or playing along to those they might meet randomly).  Anyone who still thinks members of GNR are still their hungry/angry/fucktheworld 20 somethings needs to wake up to the nature of things.  

I think people would find it even stranger if they showed up to Guns N' Roses concert and Duff was wearing a shirt that said something like, "Home Depot Saturdays" or "Father/Adult."

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's a show, it's entertainment, it's not something that shouldn't be treated as something "real." per se.  

Kind of like Kiss, they're playing a role for those attending the concert (or playing along to those they might meet randomly).  Anyone who still thinks members of GNR are still their hungry/angry/fucktheworld 20 somethings needs to wake up to the nature of things.  

I think people would find it even stranger if they showed up to Guns N' Roses concert and Duff was wearing a shirt that said something like, "Home Depot Saturdays" or "Father/Adult."

Duff is super punk rock! Didn't you guys see him dancing to beyonce backstage or cutting lemons off a tree or being interviewed at a yacht expo in dubai?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I was thinking maybe she’s got very young fans who’d be interesting how comfy her new boots are and stuff like that? I didn’t know her before but that’s me not knowing what’s going on in nowaday popmusic. :shrugs:

I dont think GN'R has too many young fans and I'm not sure Melissa is THAT young either.... 

I didn't know her either but she wasn't so popular so this is not you not knowing about nowadays music. I googled her and some videos came up so that's how I know :shrugs:

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Exactly. 

You can like and show respect to art/music from years ago...especially from people may have influenced your artistic/musical style.....it doesn't mean you have to live your life 24/7 mimicking that art form and living your day to day life as it was the only thing in your life....as a matter of fact, I'd probably find it somewhat odd if a 50 some year old did that vs. live their own lives.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, downzy said:

What about bands like the Stones who still have credibility? Keith has been Keith for 70+ years. 

Everyone in Guns is playing a role, it’s about money and fuck all else. 

RIP GNR 1986-1993

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Who are her fans, anyway? Are there GnR fans who consider themselves Melissa fans? Does she have fans on her own from whatever she was doing before?

She's got a solo EP called 'Lissa' that's quite cool and IIRC has Brain on a few tracks and Buckethead on the final track (if you're into lighter, poppier stuff that is, I can't imagine many typical GN'R fans being too thrilled by it :lol:), but she mainly does a lot of production music for use in movies, TV and the like (both solo and with Brain).

I personally was aware of her work with Brain and Bucket (there's some really cool stuff on the Best/Kind Regards albums*), but didn't really know enough about her to consider myself a 'fan' until she joined GN'R. 

*Fun fact: The instrumental for Better Gone is basically an edited/shortened version of Children At Play.

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What does that mean?

It means that the person using it to insult people isn't too bright and can't handle the fact that the world doesn't revolve around their personal views.