Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, RussTCB said:

Exactly.

People that pay attention to Axl Rose tweets = a VERY small percentage of the world

People that would attention to a new GN'R album where Axl Rose incorporates his thoughts on politics = a MUCH larger percentage of the world

People like Dylan, Neil Young and Roger Waters all wrote masterpieces encompassing their politics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

You’re really misjudging Trump here. Bush Jr did a lot of damage, there’s no denying. That’s why (among others) it was time for Obama who promised „change“ with all that, on a personal and political level. Trump is even more dangerous, more spiteful, more hateful, more racist, misogynist, you name it. He’s another class of shit...

I am not. I know who Trump is (and I've known way before he won) but I dont think he is way badder than the rest.

There are too many guys like Trump in the world, even more powerful than him, but maybe they are not so high-profile like Trump is, that's why most of the dormant zombies do not ever register that "class of shit" and when they become President, zombies wake up and are like "OH MY GOD WHO IS THIS DEMON IN THE WHITE HOUSE???" :facepalm:

Bush was the seed for all the excesses that came after. I can't understand how people are so ignorant about their own history.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

You mean GNR specifically? Because lots of musicians, actors and other celebrities protested Bush.

Also, it's never too late to start caring or start speaking out.

But the citizens were sleeping.... not like now.....

Yes, it is too late to start caring after 2 years the demon has been in the "white house" :facepalm:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But the citizens were sleeping.... not like now.....

Citizens weren't sleeping either. There were mass demonstrations against the Iraq war in many countries all around the world, millions and millions of people protested.

• Like 3

i can remember thinking way back when before chinese was finally dropped that it was possibly delayed due to his political views, i've know idea but I thought that at one point...i mean titles like chinese democracy, i.r.s., sounds a little politically risky to me on the face of it...

6 hours ago, vloors said:

I don't care about Republicans, Democrats whoever but Axl's tweets make him sound like an idiot the way he types them.

His all over the place and he types like a 13 year old girl with all abbreviations he uses like the 2 (to) 4 (for), r (are) and the emojis. This is a guy in his 50s.

Love Axl but he needs to get his shit together.

Maybe so he can get it all in one tweet theres only 140 characters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Citizens weren't sleeping either. There were mass demonstrations against the Iraq war in many countries all around the world, millions and millions of people protested.

but the US Americans... where were they? Voting Bush and encouraging him to destroy the "enemy" of the moment.

The rest of the world doesn't vote the USA Presidents......... all we can do is watch them make mistake after mistake and then try to dodge the consequences..... some countries succeed more than others and many countries are continually drowning thanks to the USA policies.

2 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

Do some of ya'll SERIOUSLY think Axl's anger towards Trump & "stoopid Repooplicans" is going to be the inspiration for new music he's been needing?? 😂😂 So sad & pathetic .. This forum is basically one massive jerk-off fest now

Well to be fair your comments like this are doing very very little to dispell any notion you feel like forum members here got wrong.  Yes, if a President is doing a shitty job there will be a lot of people agreeing. That is not a jerk-off fest that is just common sense

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

but the US Americans... where were they? Voting Bush and encouraging him to destroy the "enemy" of the moment.

The rest of the world doesn't vote the USA Presidents......... all we can do is watch them make mistake after mistake and then try to dodge the consequences..... some countries succeed more than others and many countries are continually drowning thanks to the USA policies.

There were many protests in the US then too. I don't really get why you think they were sleeping then as opposed to now.

After two years in office, Trump isn't that unpopular, by the way. He gets an average score, less than Obama, but more than Bush in 2006. So a big part of the US citizens is still supporting Trump, like they were supporting Bush at the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

There were many protests in the US then too. I don't really get why you think they were sleeping then as opposed to now.

After two years in office, Trump isn't that unpopular, by the way. He gets an average score, less than Obama, but more than Bush in 2006. So a big part of the US citizens is still supporting Trump, like they were supporting Bush at the time.

What I mean is the social discomfort is amplified in social media now and everybody's screaming for how bad Trump is but obviously, that doesnt translate into votes, as you say Trump is still popular.

We'll see what this new election brings, even though that will not make him leave the White House anytime soon (unless impeachment)

Just now, killuridols said:

What I mean is the social discomfort is amplified in social media now and everybody's screaming for how bad Trump is but obviously, that doesnt translate into votes, as you say Trump is still popular.

We'll see what this new election brings, even though that will not make him leave the White House anytime soon (unless impeachment)

Past 20+ Midterm elections, the opposing party of current president wins. So dems might win. But stranger things have happened.

and I think its because of more social media platforms now that the voice is louder. That and more people from both sides now wanna join in these political war... a lot are band wagoning of course cuz its the hot topic.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, axlreed44 said:

lol tons of trump talk from people not from this country. stay out of this one please. 

As mentioned in another thread this was brought up in, what Agent Orange does can seriously affect allied countries, not to mention anyone else that hurts his feelings on any given day.

So nah, we're good, thanks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can totally see this! Especially with certain artists/celebrities.... :rolleyes:

There's also the paid trolls from both sides.

When Kanye visited the WH. Many libs said he is a sucky rapper. Many conservatives who probably dont know a song from him saying he is the best rapper.

Same with Axl. Not all. But Im sure a lot suddenly hates Trump with a passion cuz of Axl, and many will suddenly hate Axl.

This is why I learned not to talk politics much, a lot dont know much about it but suddenly acts like they do passionately. And it also ruins relationships.

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

When Kanye visited the WH. Many libs said he is a sucky rapper. Many conservatives who probably dont know a song from him saying he is the best rapper.

Same with Axl. Not all. But Im sure a lot suddenly hates Trump with a passion cuz of Axl, and many will suddenly hate Axl.

This is why I learned not to talk politics much, a lot dont know much about it but suddenly acts like they do passionately. And it also ruins relationships.

Totally agree with all of what you just said! :headbang:

I "woke" in my early 20's, unfortunately due to a terrible situation in my country, but I would have loved to have started getting into politics in my early teens...

And I'm glad that my interest and opinions in politics were not shaped by Hollywood celebrities but by the great thinkers and authors I had the pleasure to read during my College years.

It totally ruins relationships. I can attest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Many people that support Trump says he turn down unemployement .

I'm honestly starting to believe that this is an impostor Axl who killed the real Axl and took his place. The real Axl released albums, didn't rip-off his fan base and sang in one of the rawest rock n' roll voices ever. This impostor talks like a little girl on twitter, has no interest in releasing albums, flogs overpriced tat and ''sings'' like drowning cats.

Maybe the impostor locked the real Axl up in The Vault alongside Tobias and the Legend of the Red Panda

• Haha 2