Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm honestly starting to believe that this is an impostor Axl who killed the real Axl and took his place. The real Axl released albums, didn't rip-off his fan base and sang in one of the rawest rock n' roll voices ever. This impostor talks like a little girl on twitter, has no interest in releasing albums, flogs overpriced tat and ''sings'' like drowning cats.

Maybe the impostor locked the real Axl up in The Vault alongside Tobias and the Legend of the Red Panda

Has anybody actually seen fat Axl and Paul Tobias in the same room? What if that isn't Axl onstage, but rather Paul Tobias...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Upon closer scrutiny though you'll find one was singing a song in a rock band and the other was arguably the most powerful man in the world espousing his feelings to someone.  Were Donald Trump a 20 something hicktown runaway with mental issues it would cast a different light on the comments. 

Gotcha....But trump said that years ago when he was not president and has apologized for it.  Axl is also, even though he is not president, is expressing his feelings to someone, to millions and millions of people as well. Axl has a lot of influence on some young people.

14 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

I'm not condoning Trump for the "grab them by the p---y" comment....But I find it ironic that someone who sings "turn around bitch I got a use for you" at every show and used to sing that rap "It taste good" is criticizing it.

Because one is a lyrics from a song and the other is a president-to-be condoning and bragging about sexual harassment? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Because one is a lyrics from a song and the other is a president-to-be condoning and bragging about sexual harassment? 

My point is talking or singing about sexual harassment is not cool. Period. Even if it is meant to be an off-handed joke you find it different?

1 minute ago, chandler72 said:

Gotcha....But trump said that years ago when he was not president and has apologized for it.  Axl is also, even though he is not president, is expressing his feelings to someone, to millions and millions of people as well. Axl has a lot of influence on some young people.

All art expresses feelings. All good art, that is. Doesn't mean that every lyric in a song, every scene in a movie, every picture on a wall, is supposed to be suggestions from the artist on how to live our lives. When Axl talks about the life they lived it doesn't mean that he is necessarily condoning it. It is descriptive. It might be too much macho bravado, but you have to keep in mind it was written by a kid, more or less. In a rock song. In the 80s. Again, not meant to be instructions on how to live our life, but "cool" rock lyrics describing the reality of their lives.

Very different to Trump who would not only admit to sexually harassing women, but brag about how easy it is.

Just now, chandler72 said:

My point is talking or singing about sexual harassment is not cool. Period. Even if it is meant to be an off-handed joke you find it different?

Whether it is cool or not is really up to each of us. It's art. Some like childish lyrics, some like exploitation movies, some like rape revenge movies, some like splatter movies, etc etc. It is still within the realm of fantasy. You cannot claim that every author will morally stand behind every action described in  book, or every director will say that everything that happens in a movie is good, or that every lyricist only say things them mean. It is stories meant to invoke feelings. Not necessarily tell us what is right or wrong. Trump's comments were not from fantasy, it was HIM saying it is OKAY to sexually harass women.

Trump never sexually harassed a single woman .. Keep peddling the lies, it wont stop this country's recovery!!!! Axl is a piece of shit and has always been known as one! Over here writing paragraphs about Axl's innocence compared to Trump's evil lmao so pathetic! Sweet Child played last night before Trump hit the stage 😏 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

See the problem here, to my mind, is perhaps not having a lot of value for the office of president?  The idea is you vote in an exemplary human being (or as close as you can find because hey, whoose exemplary out here) for the job and there is a lot less of a margin for fuckery as there is with something like being the lead singer of a rock band.  And no, just because Axl is singing something does not mean he is expressing his feelings, Its So Easy is comic book-ish, its expressing an attitude, it doesn't necessarily condone the attitude nor is to, in my opinion, to be taken particularly seriously, I mean you'd have to be a moron to take it as such.  Did anybody leave their first listen of Appetite thinking 'wow, these guys can drink gasoline!'.  No, its songs, its music and, particularly with that kinda music, designed to make you dance go 'fuck yeah!' but thats about it. 

I completely disagree with this.  Why would you not sing about sexual harassment?  Or anything for that matter, why is that topic off limits? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Whether it is cool or not is really up to each of us. It's art. Some like childish lyrics, some like exploitation movies, some like rape revenge movies, some like splatter movies, etc etc. It is still within the realm of fantasy. You cannot claim that every author will morally stand behind every action described in  book, or every director will say that everything that happens in a movie is good, or that every lyricist only say things them mean. It is stories meant to invoke feelings. Not necessarily tell us what is right or wrong. Trump's comments were not from fantasy, it was HIM saying it is OKAY to sexually harass women.

But Trump said it was fantasy. He said it was just locker room talk. Don't forget about the God awful accusations Erin and Stephanie claim against Axl. Trump has never been accused of anything close to that.

10 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

But Trump said it was fantasy. He said it was just locker room talk. Don't forget about the God awful accusations Erin and Stephanie claim against Axl. Trump has never been accused of anything close to that.

Oh so it was like performance art that he was doing? :lol:  By that rationale we have the end of the dubious statement, all you have to do is go 'oh, its just a fantasy of mine' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

See the problem here, to my mind, is perhaps not having a lot of value for the office of president?  The idea is you vote in an exemplary human being (or as close as you can find because hey, whoose exemplary out here) for the job and there is a lot less of a margin for fuckery as there is with something like being the lead singer of a rock band.  And no, just because Axl is singing something does not mean he is expressing his feelings, Its So Easy is comic book-ish, its expressing an attitude, it doesn't necessarily condone the attitude nor is to, in my opinion, to be taken particularly seriously, I mean you'd have to be a moron to take it as such.  Did anybody leave their first listen of Appetite thinking 'wow, these guys can drink gasoline!'.  No, its songs, its music and, particularly with that kinda music, designed to make you dance go 'fuck yeah!' but thats about it. 

I completely disagree with this.  Why would you not sing about sexual harassment?  Or anything for that matter, why is that topic off limits? 

You missed the point. It is not off topic at all.

Just now, chandler72 said:

Do you really believe Trump? :lol: I don't.

I haven't argued Axl hasn't done horrible things. But you cannot use his lyrics to attempt to demonstrate a moral equivalency which you did. Lyrics are lyrics. To argue hypocrisy you have to show similarity in behavior, today.

31 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

He dismissed it as "locker room talk" and has since suggested it wasn't him on the tape.

Geez some people get so but hurt around here. LOL.  It ok, I get it. Its fine  on this forum to call Trump a misogynist for his behavior but not Axl. That's why I find it so ironic when folks defend Axl like he is some sort of God then turn around and make fun of his personal appearance.

15 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

Geez some people get so but hurt around here. LOL.  It ok, I get it. Its fine  on this forum to call Trump a misogynist for his behavior but not Axl. That's why I find it so ironic when folks defend Axl like he is some sort of God then turn around and make fun of his personal appearance.

Again, there's no irony in that either, just because you defend Axl Rose in one instance does not amount to hero worship or treating him like a God.  I think Axl Rose is a prize bellend but that doesn't mean he's utterly indefensible in every last aspect of his life or actions and in this instance I don't think he's wrong.  What you are saying amounts to not being able to ever have a valid criticism of anyone or anything if you've ever done anything in your life thats out of order, thats just not how life works fella. 

• Like 1