Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

Geez some people get so but hurt around here. LOL.  It ok, I get it. Its fine  on this forum to call Trump a misogynist for his behavior but not Axl. That's why I find it so ironic when folks defend Axl like he is some sort of God then turn around and make fun of his personal appearance.

Arguing that one cannot equal Trump and Axl anno 2018 is hardly to defend Axl "like he is some God" :lol: For the sake of it, even being marginally better than Trump still makes you a horrible human being.

As far as Axl goes, we don't really know where he stands in 2018. It is reasonable, and plausible, to assume he has matured since his 20s. But who knows? At least we cannot let his lyrics from the 80s, or alleged domestic violence, prohibit him from speaking his mind or Trump, nor is it ironic or hypocritical. 

Arguing that one cannot equal Trump and Axl anno 2018 is hardly to defend Axl "like he is some God" :lol: For the sake of it, even being marginally better than Trump still makes you a horrible human being.

Axl Rose is little more than a fool to me.  Trump represents something deeply unsettling, not in and of himself but rather as a reflection of where our fuckin' species is at that anyone would vote for that fuckin' mouth-breather.  Its one of those things that I avoid getting into arguments or discussions about because its like, if you can't just look at him and listen to him talk for 5 mins and not completely get what he's about well then I don't think I'm well equipped enough to be the one to explain it to you.  I really don't know what to tell a Trump supporter and I don't think they'd care to hear it from the likes of me either. 

Its literally like someone grabbing Hulk Hogan and going 'hey, lets make this guy president!' and everyone filing in and voting for him and him becoming it, I don't know how to explain how much of a shit idea that is, I wouldn't know where to begin and I wouldn't be able to end, I could spend the rest of my life explaining why thats a shit idea.  Perhaps I'm just too verbose.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Axl Rose is little more than a fool to me.  Trump represents something deeply unsettling, not in and of himself but rather as a reflection of where our fuckin' species is at that anyone would vote for that fuckin' mouth-breather.  Its one of those things that I avoid getting into arguments or discussions about because its like, if you can't just look at him and listen to him talk for 5 mins and not completely get what he's about well then I don't think I'm well equipped enough to be the one to explain it to you.  I really don't know what to tell a Trump supporter and I don't think they'd care to hear it from the likes of me either. 

Its literally like someone grabbing Hulk Hogan and going 'hey, lets make this guy president!' and everyone filing in and voting for him and him becoming it, I don't know how to explain how much of a shit idea that is, I wouldn't know where to begin and I wouldn't be able to end, I could spend the rest of my life explaining why thats a shit idea.  Perhaps I'm just too verbose.

I understand you hate Trump. There is nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, PhillyRose said:

Trump never sexually harassed a single woman .. Keep peddling the lies, it wont stop this country's recovery!!!! Axl is a piece of shit and has always been known as one! Over here writing paragraphs about Axl's innocence compared to Trump's evil lmao so pathetic! Sweet Child played last night before Trump hit the stage 😏 

:facepalm:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

I understand you hate Trump. There is nothing wrong with that.

Well, that's the problem right there - there is something wrong with hate.

I believe you would find that people don't hate Trump, they are strongly opposed to the hate Trumps breeding.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a shockingly high number of people who didn't stop to ask themselves simple questions like "How would the host of the Apprentice know more about ISIS than the generals?". 

• Haha 2

when axl said "Personally I kinda liked the irony of Trump supporters listening to a bunch of anti Trump music at his rallies but I don’t imagine a lot of ‘em really get that or care".  he's totally right in the part about a lot of us not really caring.   i do not care if the music is claimed to be "anti-trump" or whatever.  the fact of the matter is that gnr has been the soundtrack to my life and helped me through everything i've ever gone through from the age of 7 to the age of 37.  i have listened and will continue to listen to gnr more than any other band likely until the day i die.  yes, i am a trump supporter (oh my god i support the president!, how shocking).  i can tell you, axl doesnt give a shit what my views are or who i am or what i've been through to formulate the opinions on politics and the world that i have.  and that's fine.  axl will never spend a second of his life wondering why i feel the way i do and has no clue what it's like to walk a minute in my shoes.  the same way i will never understand his viewpoint.  i am disappointed to see his tweets but that will not change the fact that if gnr is back out on tour in the usa with old or new music, i will be there multiple times for whatever the cost is and won't bat an eye in buying those tickets.   and when i get home tonight, i will go for a 10-mile run, and i will have on shuffle all 6 albums like i do every other night. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dgnr said:

See, Duff, this is Punk Rock nowadays...Watch and learn.

:P 

So... Duff should start selling T-shirts with texts like:

Don't listen to my fucking records

Go Fuck yourself you fucking keyboard coward 

Get the fuck off my Instagram  

now that would be punk as fuck (at least in Duff's level of "punkness") .... but I don't think it's going to happen. :P

Edited by Fourteenbeers

23 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

when axl said "Personally I kinda liked the irony of Trump supporters listening to a bunch of anti Trump music at his rallies but I don’t imagine a lot of ‘em really get that or care".  he's totally right in the part about a lot of us not really caring.   i do not care if the music is claimed to be "anti-trump" or whatever.  the fact of the matter is that gnr has been the soundtrack to my life and helped me through everything i've ever gone through from the age of 7 to the age of 37.  i have listened and will continue to listen to gnr more than any other band likely until the day i die.  yes, i am a trump supporter (oh my god i support the president!, how shocking).  i can tell you, axl doesnt give a shit what my views are or who i am or what i've been through to formulate the opinions on politics and the world that i have.  and that's fine.  axl will never spend a second of his life wondering why i feel the way i do and has no clue what it's like to walk a minute in my shoes.  the same way i will never understand his viewpoint.  i am disappointed to see his tweets but that will not change the fact that if gnr is back out on tour in the usa with old or new music, i will be there multiple times for whatever the cost is and won't bat an eye in buying those tickets.   and when i get home tonight, i will go for a 10-mile run, and i will have on shuffle all 6 albums like i do every other night. 

Exactly this. Axl in his tweets wasn't attacking Trump supporting GnR fans. He's expressing his disgust for Trump. He's expressing solely his views / his truth on Trump. He's always acknowledged that his views may or may not be correct.  If Trump supporters take his tweets against Trump for personal attacks on them, that's their interpretation but that's not what he's tweeting. And we all know GnR songs are not anti Trump but Axl was referring to the link between those songs and himself / GnR and by playing GnR songs it's almost like having Axl a vocal dissenter blaring over the sound system. I too find it ironic but doubt most there know of his tweets or care that Axl doesn't like Trump. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Upon closer scrutiny though you'll find one was singing a song in a rock band and the other was arguably the most powerful man in the world espousing his feelings to someone.  Were Donald Trump a 20 something hicktown runaway with mental issues it would cast a different light on the comments. 

Dude, Rose has beaten the shit out of his ex-wife Erin Everly and his former girlfriend Stephanie Seymour (also other girls who have similar claims).

And no, he never sang about it. It was effin' real.

Trump and Rose are in the same level of misoginy and abuse of women.

Yes, we all realize one is a dinosaur rock singer and the other, the President of the United States of America.
But they both will be remembered by those women as fucking assholes who made them suffer.

39 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

Very smart post, you support Trump, but this don't make you lost you mind, good to you👍

52 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

Paragraphs and capitalisation: they're good!

I didn't/couldn't read your post due to the grammar, but I'm assuming you're a Trump supporter?

My apologies if I'm wrong. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Paragraphs and capitalisation: they're good!

I didn't/couldn't read your post due to the grammar, but I'm assuming you're a Trump supporter?

My apologies if I'm wrong. 

i poured my heart out with tears streaming down my face just so that you could read it.  i will always put two spaces after my periods and never capitalize when i dont feel like it.  oh, i dont apostrophe all that much either. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Dude, Rose has beaten the shit out of his ex-wife Erin Everly and his former girlfriend Stephanie Seymour (also other girls who have similar claims).

And no, he never sang about it. It was effin' real.

Trump and Rose are in the same level of misoginy and abuse of women.

Yes, we all realize one is a dinosaur rock singer and the other, the President of the United States of America.
But they both will be remembered by those women as fucking assholes who made them suffer.

Right but the point that was being highlighted there was about the song Its So Easy, not his various convictions, of which I’m not aware of the details, whether he was found guilty or convicted or not or paid a settlement or whatever the case may be.  The thing that was being made a point of though was the song Its So Easy.

But the crux of my point still stands, I remember having a similar discussion with somebody about Bill Clinton when he was in office, the idea that the president is supposed to be a moral compass for the nation, not Axl Rose, the standards which you hold a president of the US to are not the same as the one you would hold a guy who sang well in the 80s to.

Presidents are supposed to be well spoken, diplomatic, judicious with language, classy, intelligent, rationale, its kinda part of the job description that you act as little like Axl Rose as humanly possible :lol:  When you find yourself tallying your president up against Axl Rose and the best you can come up with (not you personally) is ‘well he’s just as bad!’ that aint much of a defence, so he’s just as bad as a mad bi-polar ginger misogynist nutcase, nice one :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really don’t get why a guy like Axl Rose, whether rockstar or not, is not allowed to be criticizing Trump and telling his followers to vote „blue“. Axl's issues with DV are pretty evident given the statements and facts two women presented at court. But why wouldn’t he be able to criticize his president for a bad job, lying etc. ? He is not attacking Trump because of his misogyny and I do think Axl knows to stay well away from statements about topics like that. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Right but the point that was being highlighted there was about the song Its So Easy, not his various convictions, of which I’m not aware of the details, whether he was found guilty or convicted or not or paid a settlement or whatever the case may be.  The thing that was being made a point of though was the song Its So Easy.

Yeah, pretty much a weak point to make the comparison about, when there are so many real things to compare between these two men.
Regardless, trying to make it look as if Axl was an innocent, non-sexist, non-mysoginist guy outside the "fantasy" world of his lyrics is pretty much going for the same weak argument.

But the crux of my point still stands, I remember having a similar discussion with somebody about Bill Clinton when he was in office, the idea that the president is supposed to be a moral compass for the nation, not Axl Rose, the standards which you hold a president of the US to are not the same as the one you would hold a guy who sang well in the 80s to.

Obviously, we all want and aspire to have the best possible person occupying the role of a President, in any given country. However, Presidents come and go and the person underneath remains.

There will be a time when Trump is no longer the President but everything good and bad that he did will remain. Same with Axl, one day he will retire and will no longer be this unquestionable God he seems to be to some people.

Regardless, both of them are men with a horrible past and I can't see why they can't be compared and judged based on that. No matter if they abused 30 years ago or yesterday, their victims will always remember that they were abused by these guys and their titles do not matter a fuck to me.

An abuser is an abuser, whether he is the President or the plumber.

Presidents are supposed to be well spoken, diplomatic, judicious with language, classy, intelligent, rationale, its kinda part of the job description that you act as little like Axl Rose as humanly possible :lol:  When you find yourself tallying your president up against Axl Rose and the best you can come up with (not you personally) is ‘well he’s just as bad!’ that aint much of a defence, so he’s just as bad as a mad bi-polar ginger misogynist nutcase, nice one :lol: 

How you ever thought that maybe it is going out of style to be a role model President? One has to wonder that if we all (do we all?) think a President should have all those desirable qualities you just described, how is it possible that a mad bi-polar ginger misogynist nutcase becomes the President?

Somebody voted for that.... go ask the US Americans why did they vote for that...... and have you read the so many replies to Axl's tweets where many people tell him "Axl for President!", "You should be the next President!", blah blah..... have you seen that? Now make the connection.

There you've got your answers.

Edited by killuridols
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Less easy is to compare and contrast Trumps' and Roses':

- Threatened use of military to block migrants

- Saber rattling with NK

- Moving US embassy in Israel

- Mocking the disabled

- Muslim Majority Bans

- Kicking black supporters out of event, just for being black

- Being POTUS while celebrating the assault of a journalist

- Being eager to befriend tyrants

- Being eager to damage relationships with long time allies

- Employment of White Nationalist

- Reticence to disavow White Nationalist violence

- Wanting military parades

- Wanting expensive military parades while claiming fiscal conservatism

- Ability to pronounce the word "China"

So basically, Trump is more horrible because he affects milllions of people, while Rose has affected a couple of women and some guys and have offended a couple immigrants, blacks and gays but since we tend to dehumanize people for the sake of winning a stupid argument over the Internet, what here really matters is the NUMBERS.

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I really don’t get why a guy like Axl Rose, whether rockstar or not, is not allowed to be criticizing Trump and telling his followers to vote „blue“. Axl's issues with DV are pretty evident given the statements and facts two women presented at court. But why wouldn’t he be able to criticize his president for a bad job, lying etc. ? He is not attacking Trump because of his misogyny and I do think Axl knows to stay well away from statements about topics like that. 

Because that's how it works with Trump supporters.

Deny that anything Trump is accused of happened. If you can't deny it happened, say it's not a big deal anyone and try to find some comparable example of someone else doing it. Also popular is expressing racist views or acting in racist ways and then saying "how is that racist?" 

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So basically, Trump is more horrible because he affects milllions of people, while Rose has affected a couple of women and some guys and have offended a couple immigrants, blacks and gays but since we tend to dehumanize people for the sake of winning a stupid argument over the Internet, what here really matters is the NUMBERS.

Lw6dZAe.gif

Edited by soon