Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So basically, Trump is more horrible because he affects milllions of people, while Rose has affected a couple of women and some guys and have offended a couple immigrants, blacks and gays but since we tend to dehumanize people for the sake of winning a stupid argument over the Internet, what here really matters is the NUMBERS.

:facepalm:

I'm not sure what you're saying there but in general the behavior of the President is more important than the behavior of the lead singer of Guns N'Roses. 

• Like 2

Just now, Modano09 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying there but in general the behavior of the President is more important than the behavior of the lead singer of Guns N'Roses. 

For you, because you are not one of those women who have been abused and sent to hospital after being beaten up.

Geez.... I should known better before trying to reason with some men.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lio said:

Since Trump and his cronies are willfully destroying our planet, hence everyone and everything on it, yes, I would wager Trump is the bigger asshole.

No one has called Axl innocent or a God. At all. That's not the point. Your silly hatred for Axl is taking on cosmic proportions now.

Trump and his cronies are destroying our planet? :rofl-lol:

Do you realize Trump has been in power since only two years ago and the whole destruction of our planet started more than a century ago? :facepalm:

Your silly obsession for defending Axl is making you (and many others) sound dumb in cosmic proportions.

That's the problem with being "woke". When you "woke" you tend to think that all problems started at the moment you "woke".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For you, because you are not one of those women who have been abused and sent to hospital after being beaten up.

If you're so concerned about domestic violence and/or sexual assault you should take issue with how Trump routinely calls the women who make accusations liars. 

• Like 3

Just now, Modano09 said:

If you're so concerned about domestic violence and/or sexual assault you should take issue with how Trump routinely calls the women who make accusations liars. 

What makes you think I don't?

See?? No one here has a fucking clue about the other person. It is all about winning an argument without even double-checking what the other forumer stands for, who the heck they are!

:no:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

What makes you think I don't?

See?? No one here has a fucking clue about the other person. It is all about winning an argument without even double-checking what the other forumer stands for, who the heck they are!

:no:

Well, I don't identify as being "woke" and I'm not all that dumb. Doesn't stop you from implying such things. By all means, lead by example.

• Like 2

Regardless, trying to make it look as if Axl was an innocent, non-sexist, non-mysoginist guy outside the "fantasy" world of his lyrics is pretty much going for the same weak argument.

I made absolutely no reference to who or what he was outside of the song, which was what the point I was responding to was based upon.  I will go further though and say that I don't know that he is an abuser, same goes for Trump, all I know in that regard is that he made the whole 'grab em by the pussy' comments, which hardly makes you an abuser.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Trump and his cronies are destroying our planet? :rofl-lol:

Do you realize Trump has been in power since only two years ago and the whole destruction of our planet started more than a century ago? :facepalm:

Your silly obsession for defending Axl is making you (and many others) sound dumb in cosmic proportions.

That's the problem with being "woke". When you "woke" you tend to think that all problems started at the moment you "woke".

Um, I think you were the one who thought citizens were asleep during the Bush administration. This citizen was wide awake as early as the 80s, thank you very much.

But sure, keep pretending you're the 'academic' here while us dumbasses only get our news from Axl. You have us all figured out!

God, has this thread been derailed. It seems nowadays you cannot voice a political opinion without getting clubbed to death for it by the opposing side.

Thats pretty much always been the case boss, though in days past getting a response and being clubbed to death were considered two different things.  

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, I don't identify as being "woke" and I'm not all that dumb. Doesn't stop you from implying such things. By all means, lead by example.

That's how you are personally taking words I have not said to you. Don't try to lecturize me with that.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I made absolutely no reference to who or what he was outside of the song, which was what the point I was responding to was based upon.  I will go further though and say that I don't know that he is an abuser, same goes for Trump, all I know in that regard is that he made the whole 'grab em by the pussy' comments, which hardly makes you an abuser.

You did not but when you defend that one guy is singing stuff in a song and the other is actually saying things, it kinda means that one singing a song is just doing that.... singing a song.

Trump has not only said 'grab em by the pussy'. He's also been accused of several sexual misconduct episodes, which to me, all of that constitutes abuse.

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Um, I think you were the one who thought citizens were asleep during the Bush administration. This citizen was wide awake as early as the 80s, thank you very much.

But sure, keep pretending you're the 'academic' here while us dumbasses only get our news from Axl. You have us all figured out!

Then if you are aware or were aware back then, how can you come up with a "Trump and his cronies are willfully destroying our planet"? :question:

What was World War I, World War II, the holocaust, the cold war, the massive destruction during wars in the Middle-East, the 911 and I wouldn't like to keep counting?

How can anyone here say that Trump has started all of this? When did the world start?

Seriously! What does my academy has to do with anything?? This is shit you are supposed to learn at school!

1 hour ago, soon said:

- Employment of White Nationalist

The guy that ran the Nazi "news" website? Trump followers talk about supporting military and all that, but didn't America literally take part in a war to stop Nazis?

45 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Obviously no one should be required to reveal such personal info here, but how do you know there aren't men here who have experienced exactly that? Anyone can be a victim of DV. Like you said, no one here has a clue about the other person.

Obviously Axl has done some terrible things, but he's not the one currently trying to fuck the world, including his own country that he was elected to protect. A violent rockstar is very different to a US president who aspires to be the next Putin or Kim Jong Un. It's all about perspective. 

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

The guy that ran the Nazi "news" website? Trump followers talk about supporting military and all that, but didn't America literally take part in a war to stop Nazis?

Steve Bannon, yeah. And Stephen Miller. And Jeff Sessions who was considered to be too aligned with White Nationalist ideology to be fit for as high of level of service in the 80's.

Ha! America sure did. I often cant make sense of some of the far-right mumbo-jumbo. I fear that's part of the strategy.

Edited by soon

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Obviously no one should be required to reveal such personal info here, but how do you know there aren't men here who have experienced exactly that? Anyone can be a victim of DV. Like you said, no one here has a clue about the other person.

Yes, you are right. There could be lots of people victims of DV and abuse reading or participating of this forum. Unfortunately, women are still in the majority of that group.

However, when someone tells me that the behavior of the President is more important than the behavior of a rock singer, I will assume that person does not have the ability to put themselves in the shoes of a victim of abuse. And in my experience, it is usually men who disregard the feelings and the experience of females who have been abused.
Don't ask me why.... but it happens.... more than often.... so I might be making a mistake and misjudging a person... but the chances are low.

And if I am wrong, I apologize to them.

11 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Obviously Axl has done some terrible things, but he's not the one currently trying to fuck the world, including his own country that he was elected to protect. A violent rockstar is very different to a US president who aspires to be the next Putin or Kim Jong Un. It's all about perspective. 

Yes, it's all about perspective and about subjectivity, as well.

While I think one thing does not invalidate the other, meaning: you can be concerned about Trump finishing this world and at the same time, caring about victims of DV and sexual abuse, I assume the women abused by Trump and Rose will give priority to their experiences over the macro-political situation.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Steve Bannon, yeah. And Stephen Miller. And Jeff Sessions who was considered to be too aligned with White Nationalist ideology to be fit for as high of level of service in the 80's.

Ha! America sure did. I often cant make sense of some of the far-right mumbo-jumbo. I fear that's part of the strategy.

Steve Bannon is now Bolsonaro assesor too:nervous:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

So basically, Trump is more horrible because he affects milllions of people, while Rose has affected a couple of women and some guys and have offended a couple immigrants, blacks and gays but since we tend to dehumanize people for the sake of winning a stupid argument over the Internet, what here really matters is the NUMBERS.

:facepalm:

Eh, yes? 

• Like 2

Trump is just another ''wanker in the white house''. He isn't the first and won't be the last.

Human beings inherently exaggerate the extremity of the present because it is their own zeitgeist, thus Trump is depicted as unprecedented in his wretchedness, and ''the US of A on the precipice of some Armageddon as a consequence''. 

In reality Trump is merely one (of many ) a-wanker to have graced the white house. People have short memories: Nixon, Bush Jr? It is quite recent history, Bush Jr depicted as a combination of John Wayne and an imbecile, and the Iraq war as the most heinous crime ever to occur in international geo-politics.

PS

Pertaining to Trump and women, Clinton, commonly thought of as one of the superior incumbents of the white house, spent his presidency bonking his secretary and lying about it under oath subsequently haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

As far as I am concerned, Trump is just another USA President who is doing the job all the other Presidents in the history of the USA and the world have done before: work hard and shamelessly to keep the USA as a superpower, dominant and oppressor of anyone who do not align with their views or do not do as they say and please.

Anyone who sees Trump as the ultimate demon eager to burn down the earth are either ignorant of world history, ignorant of the USA history or just "woke", which I'd describe as an state of hysteria when realizing things are getting rough for said person's interests.

That being said, my life does not revolve around what Trump does and say, he is not my President and I am not in position to judge him as such, since I do not live in the USA. My political issues with him start when his foreign policies affect my interest, which is first my country (Argentina) and second, my region (Latin America).

While I do respect the USA citizens and their right to discuss their President, I consider Axl's political opinion one more of many, because in general, I do not give too much credit to people who cannot demostrate an expertise on the matter.

Personally, I think Trump and Rose can totally be compared in a hundred ways. One currently holds more power than the other, but such thing is only temporary. Both Axl's and Trump's stories overlap at some moment in time and the similarities between them are significant.

Being critical of Axl, his views, his behavior, etc. does not invalidate any other discussion, neither it equals "censoring" his opinion or "telling him" to STFU, as some people here tend to portrait it, in order to victimize Axl.

It is simply analyzing from different angles and using different lens.

• Like 2