Was Taipei the best New Guns show yet?

axlslash

I know that MSG 2002 gets credit for being the new band's best show yet, but might Taipei be the best since the early 90s? Between the setlist and this clip, I'm thinking it might be...

I thought MSG 2002 was maybe the best 2002 concert, but the band put in wayyyyyyy better performances in 06-07.

Axl's voice at Taipei is the best it's been since the 90's, easily. He's almost in the same shape as he was in for the 06-07 concerts, maybe slightly heavier.

Ashba is wayyyyyy better than Robin ever was.

I'm expecting great things from this tour.

I would say yes, nearly flawless setlist, great instumental work, axl's voice sounded appetite-era, overall band chemistry, great fans, great stage production and pyro.

I think they need to add more songs in order to justify all those solo spots. Axl and the band sounded great but I thought the pacing was really hurt by all the solo spots. It seemed like a good show though.

Edited by ITW 2012

I would say yes, nearly flawless setlist, great instumental work, axl's voice sounded appetite-era, overall band chemistry, great fans, great stage production and pyro.

I think they need to add more songs in order to justify all those solo spots. Axl and the band sounded great but I thought the pacing was really hurt by all the solo spots. It seemed like a good show though.

It was for 2 reasons.

1.this is the best Guitarist lineup (as a whole) since 1991

2. The amount / quality of the new songs performed. CD is for real.

I think that show really marked a corner turned for gnr. Seeing ITW and SR be possibly the 2 best songs of the night. Wow. We all know this is

CD tour 3 but really, this is the beginning. Opening with CD and then going into ITW made it clear.

and I think DJ brings new identity to gnr. Since he was announced we have been in sone sort if limbo like, what does this mean? Lots of speculation and skepticism but after yesterday all doubts were put to rest. Ashba Richard (underated) and Ron, it's a fucking band.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Umm, a little premature perhaps? Considering we only have about five quality videos. Best show by new Guns is RIR3.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Axl's voice was bad in RIR3 and that was a pro shot show. The 5 boot legs we have of the Taipei show already show Axl's vocals are better then pretty much any 2001-2002 show and dare i say it the 2006-2007 shows. My opinion of course but i think most will agree RIR3 was nothing special.

Umm, a little premature perhaps? Considering we only have about five quality videos. Best show by new Guns is RIR3.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Axl's voice was bad in RIR3 and that was a pro shot show. The 5 boot legs we have of the Taipei show already show Axl's vocals are better then pretty much any 2001-2002 show and dare i say it the 2006-2007 shows. My opinion of course but i think most will agree RIR3 was nothing special.

Wrong, RIR3 was very special. It's not all about how Axl sounds, if it was than the majority of '91-'93 shows would be dismissed as Axl sounded terrible mostly. In fact Axl's voice amounts to very little. Factors such as chemistry, energy, the crowd, the set list, attitude, the scale, the anticipation, the band, the spectacle are all very important as well. You'd be wrong because RIR3 holds a special place in most fans hearts.

Agreed in that he sounded much better in Taipei than in 2001 and a bit better than 2006 BUT Rock in Rio III was very emotional and the setlist was mindblowing (very long setlist, new songs despite no new album, all the classics...), and that closure stuff when he showed who Beta was and that he was living in her family was incredibly moving. I fucking love that show because of this emotional stuff. That being said, Taipei is my favourite show because it's such an incredible comeback that it totally blew me away.

RIR3 had the coolest Gn'r intro ever (The Exoricist, "I believe in you.........."). Possibly the best WTTJ ever. Rants, a fantastic duet between BH and Robin Finck, BH at his magnificent best, Nightrain solo? RQ solo? Out of this world. An incredibly pumped up Axl. A 200k crowd. One of the best Patience ever culminating in Axl running out throughout the crowd. New songs performed brilliantly, Oh my god was immense, even after this time one of the best (the best?) Madagascar, The Blues. The new line up, Brain. An emotional Axl Rose, Sossego! The band back! A nervous new Guns performing magnificently, the old songs sounded better. All solos were good/entertaining. BH solo. Axl just ripping it! It was unbelievable. I loved it.

RIRIII nothing special?!?!? gtfo!

I know that MSG 2002 gets credit for being the new band's best show yet, but might Taipei be the best since the early 90s? Between the setlist and this clip, I'm thinking it might be...

Any show from '02 can't be the best, due to Axl's Mickey Mouse voice phase, and I think without question the Rock Am Ring show from '06 is by far his best since '93. Listen to the way he nails Better, IRS, Nighttrain and Jungle.

I'm still waiting on some decent quality bootlegs but from the videos that I've head this band is on fucking fire! Axl sounds amazing and the band sound fucking GREAT! Ashba s the shit...When he was first brought in, I didn't know what to think. I mean, I knew he was a really cool guy who likes to interact with fans and such but now that I hear his guitar playing with Guns I think this is the best guitar line up since the Illusions!

Taipei was a great show (the fan energy seems like it was amazing!) but I think there were better shows in 06...at least as far as the band is concerned. Rock AM Ring was probably one of the best GN'R shows ever--The Nightrain performance from that show is probably the best the song has ever been played live! Some of the other shows toward the end of the tour were also really good...some of them in CA and the one in Baltimore...