KICKASS VIDEOS From 2009 Seoul show

stone

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy there guys. Step back for a second and think about what some of you are saying.

Is this performance the best SCOM we've seen from the Nu Gnr??? ABSOLUTELY

Is this better than the old GNR 87-93?? NOPE.

A very good performance, just not as good as old guns, and I don't expect it to be. This is a cool band that I would go see if given the chance. That is all I can ask for at this point since there will never be a reunion.

are you insane? like literally? imposing onto others what THEY may view as the best show/performance or whatever?

"THIS IS THE BEST PIZZA EVER"

"wo wo wo slow the fuck down! who are you to say that is the best pizza you've ever tasted? what about my mums dude ?cmon you're wrong and you know it seriously, you enjoyed my mums more we all know that, jesus wake up lol what an idiot right guys?"

some people....

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel Skip to 7.50 and listen to that ending solo. It's perfection.
what is he playing before november rain? Edited by Atlas Shrugged

Easy there guys. Step back for a second and think about what some of you are saying.

A very good performance, just not as good as old guns, and I don't expect it to be. This is a cool band that I would go see if given the chance. That is all I can ask for at this point since there will never be a reunion.

are you insane? like literally? imposing onto others what THEY may view as the best show/performance or whatever?

"wo wo wo slow the fuck down! who are you to say that is the best pizza you've ever tasted? what about my mums dude ?cmon you're wrong and you know it seriously, you enjoyed my mums more we all know that, jesus wake up lol what an idiot right guys?"

some people....

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel Skip to 7.50 and listen to that ending solo. It's perfection.
what is he playing before november rain?

Axl plays a rendition of Elton John's "Someone Saved My life Tonight" before NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QKRTQH_cyk I POSTED THIS AT METALSLUDGE AND EVEN THE HATERS AGREE AXL/BAND SOUND KICKASS!

Wow - just - wow.

Axl's voice is in absolutely top form!!! I think that's the best I've heard him sound since the Illusions days. GIves me chills watching that vid (and that's a good thing).

And Ashba is incredible. I think they've finally found someone who can truly fill Slash's shoes - and those are huge shoes to fill. Bucket never came close and Robin's style was different, although I really loved Robin. But Ashba has that bluesy feel to his playing that Slash used to add to the band.

Ashba has that bluesy feel to his playing that Slash used to add to the band.

You can't put a price on that. It's made all the difference to this new lineup.

Some Bucket fans used to rag on Slash for the bluesy approach, but it's pretty clear, you take the blues away from Guns and the whole thing is limp...

I dunno - it's definitely a good performance but I don't think it particularly blows away some of the '06 shows.

was better, for example. Axl's voice sounds a bit weak on this one, imo. And Ashba's good, but I actually think Finck's handling of the riff was better -- not sure if this makes sense, but Ashba sounds a bit more "metal" and industrial. He plays with a bluesy edge but you can definitely tell he's more into the Motley Crue type of playing. Something about the tone of his guitar during the intro riff and portions of his solo seemed a bit off.

That being said, I'm just being overly critical as a response to some of the (what I perceive to be) hyperbolic praise. I probably sound negative, but that's not my intention. Overall, this is definitely a solid performance, and Axl looks more like Axl than he did in '06. The band seems a lot tighter. One of the better recent performances -- I just wouldn't agree that it's "the" best since the '90s...looking forward to the rest of the tour; I have a feeling it can only keep getting better.

Edited by Estranged Reality

some people....

How old are you?? Did you ever see the old band live?? I did. To say this is the best version of SCOM ever, is ridiculous. It is a good version, that is all.

Here is an average performance of this song from the old band and it still blows away the version in Korea. Nothing against the new band, it is just the way it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiDk4wHMYM

Edited by SWINGTRADER

some people....

How old are you?? Did you ever see the old band live?? I did. To say this is the best version of SCOM ever, is ridiculous. It is a good version, that is all.

i have literally been to every single gnr show since 1986, and this is by far the best.

some people....

i have literally been to every single gnr show since 1986, and this is by far the best.

LOL That is freakin hilarious.

This mediocre performance by the old band is way better than the Korean version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiDk4wHMYM How can you be serious to say that Korea is the best show ever. I know you love the band but you lose all credibility when you make dumb comments like that.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

DJ and Bumble honor this song a lot more than what Slash did to it earlier this year. Fuck it's even better than 91,92 and 93 versions, the only version i may prefer is the Ritz (mostly because of Axl's vocals).

Ritz will probably go down as their Greatest Performance ever, a few others are good and close, but that was by far, the most raw and powerful performance. Vocals, attitude, the sound, the time, it was all the perfect mix, and that band back in 87 was awesome, this band isn't too far behind. Maybe we will get lucky and see a summer tour hit North America?

some people....

This mediocre performance by the old band is way better than the Korean version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiDk4wHMYM How can you be serious to say that Korea is the best show ever. I know you love the band but you lose all credibility when you make dumb comments like that.

But i think the korean version is the best? why am i wrong?

some people....

It's not that you are "wrong". It's just that it is silly. Exactly what made this performance the best ever compared to the old band. How did this Axl put on a better show than old Axl?? How was the drumming better than Adler?? I was Bumblefoot and Ashba better than Slash? If you are going to say that this performance is the best ever, then it would be appropriate to compare it with the old band's best performance. Which concert from the old band do you think is the best??

some people....

It's not that you are "wrong". It's just that it is silly. Exactly what made this performance the best ever compared to the old band. How did this Axl put on a better show than old Axl?? How was the drumming better than Adler?? I was Bumblefoot and Ashba better than Slash? If you are going to say that this performance is the best ever, then it would be appropriate to compare it with the old band's best performance. Which concert from the old band do you think is the best??

couldnt i then say "why was adler better than frank? why was slash better than ashba?" in all honesty dude its not my favourite scom performance, i dont have one, i dont think the song translates well in a live setting. i am just playing devils advocate because i think its ridiculous for one person to say to another that their opinion is invalid or inferior.

some people....

couldnt i then say "why was adler better than frank? why was slash better than ashba?" in all honesty dude its not my favourite scom performance, i dont have one, i dont think the song translates well in a live setting. i am just playing devils advocate because i think its ridiculous for one person to say to another that their opinion is invalid or inferior.

I agree that SCOM was never that good live. I think this is the best version of Nu GNR.

It's really a fantastic performance. Everyone was great, but I still have to highlight Bumblefoot. He kicked ass during the second part of the solo. One of the best live renditions I've ever seen (or heard) of that solo.

Finally someone noticed that! Bumblefoot plays the best part of the solo and he fucking owns it.

I'm with you guys. Ashba and Fortus are fantastic players, GREAT performers/show-stealers and fit the traditional "GN'R axe-man mold" to a T... BUT Bumblefoot is an absolute virtuoso. It's downright criminal how overlooked he is at times. I suppose his biggest problem is that he doesn't run around stage posing and posturing (all part of being a rock guitarist of course) and he gets overlooked. He's waaaaaaaaaay too humble. Few people on the planet that can play like him. Most talented guitar player in GN'R (chops-wise) ever IMHO...

I suppose the cool thing with this line-up is you can pick whichever guitarist you're more drawn to and focus in on him. I'm hittin' the Montreal show and fully intend to spend a good bit of the evening focused on Ron (along with Axl of course). Dude's fucking incredible. :thumbsup:

@ST

The old band performance you provided a link for, Axl sounds bad, like he's got something stuck in his throat lol.

That was my intention. I wanted to show that even that mediocre performance was better than the new one.

As bad as Axl sounded in that clip, he was still better than the Korea concert.

REALLY? I almost find that hard to believe.

For me, the bad vox ruins it. No contest, sorry.