OFFICIAL "The AWESOME" OSAKA Japan 12/16 Show Thread!

djtripp20

Protitute yeah! rock3

BTW it was Duff who told Axl to shut up and sing, I think the song is about Duff, he "sold his soul" by taking Slash's side over Axl's, the song seems to imply that Duff was caught in the middle between axl & Slash (you dont know who to believe) and that axl is sorry that duff chose not to stay with him (you chose to hurt those that love you) but he has no regrets about keeping GNR going (not sorry for meeeeee)

definitely no.

why? which part do you disagree with?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Protitute yeah! rock3

BTW it was Duff who told Axl to shut up and sing, I think the song is about Duff, he "sold his soul" by taking Slash's side over Axl's, the song seems to imply that Duff was caught in the middle between axl & Slash (you dont know who to believe) and that axl is sorry that duff chose not to stay with him (you chose to hurt those that love you) but he has no regrets about keeping GNR going (not sorry for meeeeee)

i doubt it, Axl seems to bear Duff no ill feelings, he even said in his interviews this year that he may be willing to have duff come up and do something live, like Izzy did

I love Prostitute, but I don't know how it'll fit in the MIDDLE of a setlist. I always imagined it being an encore song (a more melancholy but still epic song after the euphoria of something like Nightrain, just before the crowd lifts its spirts up again in Paradise City).

Edited by Amir

estebanf at HTGTH got an sms from someone at the show reporting SCRAPED is playing now

If scraped is being played I will scream.

If scraped is being played I will DIE!

X__x

If scraped is being played I will drop my nuts

I will only DIE if Estranged or Don't Cry are played.

And... I don't have nuts to drop.

you better start to scream Deb :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:lol:

Jesus, I need a full bootleg of this show. Come ooon japanese dudes. Don't let me down.

Edited by Deb Rose

Protitute yeah! rock3

i doubt it, Axl seems to bear Duff no ill feelings, he even said in his interviews this year that he may be willing to have duff come up and do something live, like Izzy did

well i definitely remember axl saying that the shut up and sing comment came from duff, which is what made me start thinking the song could be about him, and the lyrics seem to fit, but i guess it is so open to interpretation that it could be said to be about any number of people